VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
b1_ch2_sc7_back_alley_19_1_2k.png

Hey guys,

I finished the work on the 2 smaller scenes this week and started working on the chapter finale.
As I said a while back, the work on that part will take a while. I need to create several environments and side characters for that part.
You can see one of the new side characters attached to this post.
But it's the last part story-wise that needs to be done. That means, when it's done we're officially in beta status.

I still don't want to give a "release date", since I want to take the time I need and not rush things to meet self-imposed deadlines.
That said, it looks like a release in January at the moment.
The game is at 932 renders and the dialogue file is at line 4183. The animation count is unchanged at 29.
There will be one more dev update before Christmas.

Have a nice weekend.
Cheers,
Ceolag

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
Well isn't this a surprise! Multiple female family members mentioned in the description and no incest tag!

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

I said one more update before Christmas... well technically it still is although close.
I wanted to come up with this update a bit earlier but the whole week before Christmas was pretty much a mess.
The plan was to have a bit more time to work on the game since I even took a few days off from my normal job.
Didn't really work out because we're all ill here for more than a week. Myself being knocked out since Tuesday. This is the first day I'm actually able to get out of bed for more than 30 minutes.
So instead of getting a good chunk of the last part done this week, it was pretty much nothing.
Luckily the progress in the first 2 weeks since the last update was quite good.

Except for one scene, all environments are built and all characters I needed to create are done. So once I get back to work in January, I can pose and render away the missing parts.
This year's (more or less) final numbers are: 1089 static renders done, 33 animations done, and the script file is at 4805 lines. What needs to be done is the final conversation of the chapter, 1 bigger side scene, and a very small side scene.
There is definitely light at the end of the tunnel but honestly, I had the hope of being done with the final conversation by now.

I wish you all a merry Christmas and a great time with your dear ones.
Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. Attached are 2 shots of one of the environments I needed to build. Filling up a parking garage is fun for like the first 5-8 cars. After that, it starts to suck seriously. :ROFLMAO:

b1_ch2_sc8_to_hq_11.png b1_ch2_sc8_to_hq_13_2_1.png

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

It's been 3 weeks since the last update, and that's long enough.
My original plan for this update was to announce the completion of the final beta build. That didn't work out, mostly due to my sickness around Christmas and New Year. I lost almost 2 weeks of work there and have been trying to catch up since then.
I could do that a bit because our Christmas and New Year plans were canceled. Everything has a positive side, eh?
I'm done with the main story and am working on the side scenes I mentioned. The bigger scene is almost done now (render and code-wise), so all that's left to be done is the last side scene and some polishing (Gallery renders, achievements...).

The actual numbers are: 1255 renders done, 33 animations, and the script file is at 5440 lines.

I'm pretty positive that the next update will be the announcement of the beta build. And that it's going to happen in less than 2 weeks.
I hope you're excited as I am.
It definitely took long enough to come up with the next chapter, so I'll leave the last "words" to Kaija...
preview_012023.png

Feb 13, 2021
So in my first save i got 5/5 for katja but then i noticed i didnt get the bathroom scene with her so i decided to replay the game, and i changed my choice to slap her on the ass and then leave the door open which lead to the scene but then when i got to the end, not only did a decent amount of dialogue with her change but the ending screen also shows that instead of it being 3/5 its 3/3? so i figured id leave a comment and let you know incase this was a bug or something.

Reactions: Ceolag

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Hey guys,

It's been 3 weeks since the last update, and that's long enough.
My original plan for this update was to announce the completion of the final beta build. That didn't work out, mostly due to my sickness around Christmas and New Year. I lost almost 2 weeks of work there and have been trying to catch up since then.
I could do that a bit because our Christmas and New Year plans were canceled. Everything has a positive side, eh?
I'm done with the main story and am working on the side scenes I mentioned. The bigger scene is almost done now (render and code-wise), so all that's left to be done is the last side scene and some polishing (Gallery renders, achievements...).

The actual numbers are: 1255 renders done, 33 animations, and the script file is at 5440 lines.

I'm pretty positive that the next update will be the announcement of the beta build. And that it's going to happen in less than 2 weeks.
I hope you're excited as I am.
It definitely took long enough to come up with the next chapter, so I'll leave the last "words" to Kaija...
View attachment 2310472
good things to those who wait.. just take summer gone, deluca family and being a dik as examples

• Red Heart

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
So in my first save i got 5/5 for katja but then i noticed i didnt get the bathroom scene with her so i decided to replay the game, and i changed my choice to slap her on the ass and then leave the door open which lead to the scene but then when i got to the end, not only did a decent amount of dialogue with her change but the ending screen also shows that instead of it being 3/5 its 3/3? so i figured id leave a comment and let you know incase this was a bug or something.
Hey,
Thanks for the report. That's just a visual bug that I fixed for chapter 2. It should say 3/5 in that situation but I fucked up the total points for that route. However, the total points are just for the summary to show if you missed some points. The game-relevant variable is the points you reached. So it won't affect later chapters in any way.

Also, thanks a lot for your well-written review. It has some good points for me to think about and improve.
The bath scene you were mentioning was one of them. Looking back I'm not really happy with how I handled the points there.
You can get those 2 points "back" early in CH2. Kind of a hack, I admit it, but otherwise, it would've broken save games.
With CH2 release it doesn't matter points-wise if you choose the bathroom or the breakfast path (if you make the right decision in Ch2).

In general, you don't need max points to be considered on a girl's path. More like 75% of the available points. All important scenes regarding a girl have the requirement set around that mark.

To everyone:
Since I'm writing here anyway right now, just a quick note that the beta build is being tested for a few days now.
I expect that to be finished and the release of Chapter 2 early next week.

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
From what I can remember, I really enjoyed this one. I believe I even played it twice. Can't honestly say I remember much. Way too much time between updates. At least so far. So it kinda makes me wonder, is this what we should expect, an update every 6-ish months? Just to clarify, I'm not complaining or anything. Just wanna know what to actually expect. If it's 2, maybe 3 updates per year, well fine, then I know. There's no right or wrong. My preference is shorter but more updates.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
From what I can remember, I really enjoyed this one. I believe I even played it twice. Can't honestly say I remember much. Way too much time between updates. At least so far. So it kinda makes me wonder, is this what we should expect, an update every 6-ish months? Just to clarify, I'm not complaining or anything. Just wanna know what to actually expect. If it's 2, maybe 3 updates per year, well fine, then I know. There's no right or wrong. My preference is shorter but more updates.
What are you talking about? There was only one release, how can the time between updates be to long? There was no update!

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Funny you ask that now because I actually wanted to address that issue in a devlog after CH2 release.
To be honest, CH2 took too long. Not because I was slacking, I spent pretty much all my free time beside family and full-time job on the game, but because it got too big. My plan was a release every 3-4 months and that's what I'm trying to achieve for the next chapters. As a result, I already split up Chapter 3, which was supposed to be the last one for Book 1, into 2 chapters.
Of course, I cannot guarantee it'll work out. Too many other things around that I can't influence.

Feb 13, 2021
Hey,
Thanks for the report. That's just a visual bug that I fixed for chapter 2. It should say 3/5 in that situation but I fucked up the total points for that route. However, the total points are just for the summary to show if you missed some points. The game-relevant variable is the points you reached. So it won't affect later chapters in any way.

Also, thanks a lot for your well-written review. It has some good points for me to think about and improve.
The bath scene you were mentioning was one of them. Looking back I'm not really happy with how I handled the points there.
You can get those 2 points "back" early in CH2. Kind of a hack, I admit it, but otherwise, it would've broken save games.
With CH2 release it doesn't matter points-wise if you choose the bathroom or the breakfast path (if you make the right decision in Ch2).

In general, you don't need max points to be considered on a girl's path. More like 75% of the available points. All important scenes regarding a girl have the requirement set around that mark.

To everyone:
Since I'm writing here anyway right now, just a quick note that the beta build is being tested for a few days now.
I expect that to be finished and the release of Chapter 2 early next week.
Awesome, im glad it wont affect future scenes. Im someone who likes to get max point with everyone unless there is a situation where i have to pick between two people. Im glad my review can be of help, i like writing reviews for newer games and try and give a decent amount of feedback. Good Luck though im looking forward to Chapter 2, im glad that i dont have to wait too long after playing to get the next update.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
I am really impressed. I loved the Li's, the renders, the story and the writing. I even felt the pacing of the story was perfect and for once I had a nice sex scene in the very beginning that didn't feel forced. Kaija is absolutely gorgeous and I was surprised because normally tatoos are a major turnoff for me. Great job with her.
I so rarely see such quality in an initial offering and I immediately tried to find your Patreon to sub to you as I want you to continue and know that your work is appreciated. Looking forward to the next chapter :)

• Red Heart

fifo5310

Feb 25, 2018
Hope you dont mind me sharing Ceolag this here so mods can update the links

V0.2 (Book 1, Act 2) - as of 2023-01-17
render count: 1297
animation count: 33
script lines (dialogue file only): 5600

Download v0.2.0 Links

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys,

I updated the first post with the links for v0.2.0 Win & Mac.
The Mac version isn't tested by me but by one of my testers, because I can't.

Hope you dont mind me sharing Ceolag this here so mods can update the links

V0.2 (Book 1, Act 2) - as of 2023-01-17
render count: 1297
animation count: 33
script lines (dialogue file only): 5600

Download v0.2.0 Links
Mega WIN
GDRIVE WIN
Mega Mac
GDRIVE Mac
Thanks and no, I don't mind. Just didn't have the time to update the thread earlier because of family stuff. :)

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Hey guys,

I updated the first post with the links for v0.2.0 Win & Mac.
The Mac version isn't tested by me but by one of my testers, because I can't.

Thanks and no, I don't mind. Just didn't have the time to update the thread earlier because of family stuff. :)
Sure?

Mega tells me this:

1675118817229.png

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] The Neverwhere Tales [Book 1, Chapter 1-2, v0.2.1] [Ceolag] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 1.78GB
Repack size: 380MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / /
MacOS = Moved in below spoiler, just use update only after (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Notice: No need to redownload the whole thisn again, just use Update Only (2.54MB) from link below.
Update Only from v0.2.0 to v0.2.1 =

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :giggle:

Last edited:

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
TheNeverwhereTales-0.2.0
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes