VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Kaija isn't Vulvamort. By all means play the other paths, it will give you more appreciation of the game. As for how you feel about Kaija, its okay to like her. She made some bad decisions as far as MC goes, but their friendship was genuine and that is where it should have stayed.
oh for sure didn't really mean to compare Kaija to her was a brain fart moment I had before bed. Where it was the best thing I could think of to describe what I was trying to say even if it wasn't quite right since the meaning was more on the extreme side of things haha. Yeah I never doubted their friendship and even their romantic relationship was genuine ( at least on the love path). I was actually gonna wait alot longer to play her other 2 paths but this thread is what made me want to play them sooner.

• Haha
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3276386

Hey everyone,

It's Friday and it's time for an update.
It's been a busy week. Lots of work and private stuff to do but I still got some work on the game done.
More than I really expected. I'm still posing and rendering the images for the stuff already written but I'm catching up.
To the point where I'll probably be able to build my first test build early next week.
I expected to be at this point roughly a week later, so I guess I can't really complain about not having enough time...

The numbers for this week are:
116 new static renders, 264 in total
160 new lines in the script file, 1021 in total

Next week's goal will be to get the remaining renders for the first test build done, find and implement music for it, and do a test run or two.
Also, next week's Dev Log will be a bit longer because the Steam Next Fest is just around the corner and that'll come with some news/changes.

That's it for today, have a nice weekend, and stay safe guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
As much fun as it would be to put Kaija under the microscope yet again, I can't ignore the shiny new numbers.

Ceolag added 116 static renders, 160 lines, and presumably 0 animations in the last week. Overall, that means he's now averaging ~108 statics, 0.4 animations and 420 lines per week since the official start of work on Chapter 5. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unsurprisingly, numbers do seem to be converging on Ceolag's expected averages as the initial sugar rush wears off. Looking at the historical charts, it seems like we're heavier on lines and lighter on animations than we were at this point in Chapter 4's development. We don't have enough data to tell if that's meaningful or just random variation, but it's the only thing that really stands out.

The preview of Jessica is interesting. It seems like she and the MC will make it back home, which makes me wonder how the next chapter will be spent with the elves rather than the terrestrial LIs. Very interesting.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes