VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
What do you mean? She is already interest in MC if you play her path, even trying to protect(I assume so) while MC was meeting elves. I don't think her family are anyway involved with kidnapping but there is much to learn about her family.
You misunderstood what I meant by her getting interested.
She's interested in MC, yes, but what will get her to get involved with Neverwhere again? With the big picture?

She seems to be currently on the run from her old life. Getting back is not easy.
Will MC telling her story be enough for her to enter that world again, to help him?
Doubt that will be it, because MC meeting her is not mandatory.

So what then?
I'm sticking (for now) that her family might be involved with stuff so far, and she gets involved.
That's the only bit of story we've heard so far that wasn't referenced elsewhere.

We know what her family did, why she left, and we know she's very familiar with Neverwhere.
Her family showing up to cause some shit again would be reason for her to come back.
But all of that is pure guesswork of course.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This refers to me I assume, in some relationships especially the ones that develop from friendships that goes without saying. Also they were living at the same place, having pet names for each other(btw 'honey', really? MC lacks some imagination), fucking each other too, don't tell Joshy but I think they were even cuddling and handholding while watching sunset at promenade. So they were in a relationship, no question in there. I put blame on MC for a different reason though, how can be so tolerable to Kaija I don't get it. She was hiding something clearly, acting weird, sudden business trips etc. Anyone I know would be annoyed enough to reach to the answer or breakup point. Dude either so in love with Kaija can't see that, after all love is blind though does not seem like it from other interactions or plain simple gullible. Most probable reasoning would have been Kaija cheating on him, not super secret organisation spy/assassin stuff but still he should have asked some questions way before.
Kaija was hiding her secrets in plain sight. The MC thought she was a government operative dealing with highly classified secrets and thus obviously *had* had to withhold any meaningful details from him - which was true, she just wasn't working for the entity she said she was. The Templars may not be able to organize a one car funeral without the MC's dad, but they have the resources to look like a proper government operation to the untrained eye. I don't think the MC's credulity, in and of itself, was unreasonable given the situation.

I do think the obvious dysfunction of his relationship should have raised all sorts of questions, but it's hard to say how much of that is the MC dropping the ball rather than writing errors caused by trying to squeeze all three Kaija paths into the same starting state.

I'm waiting till the next update before I judge the elfs. But so far I get the gut feeling that the Templars are the ones in the wrong and started the whole conflict with the elf's. As we can see how controlling they are when you come back with the swords and everything else in general.
My gut feeling is that both the Templars and the Elves have been played against each other by the third faction that organized the demon hit squad. Not to say the two sides haven't added their own fuel to the fire (arrogance and bombast clearly transcend race), but I think someone else lit the match.

If I'm right, however, it may be a while before we learn the truth.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Please don't. :LOL:

Fuck the real life, I hate it as much as I hate Kaija. ;)
Apart from my health and most of my family, I actually enjoy my life :LOL:
Kaija was hiding her secrets in plain sight. The MC thought she was a government operative dealing with highly classified secrets and thus obviously *had* had to withhold any meaningful details from him - which was true, she just wasn't working for the entity she said she was. The Templars may not be able to organize a one car funeral without the MC's dad, but they have the resources to look like a proper government operation to the untrained eye. I don't think the MC's credulity, in and of itself, was unreasonable given the situation.

I do think the obvious dysfunction of his relationship should have raised all sorts of questions, but it's hard to say how much of that is the MC dropping the ball rather than writing errors caused by trying to squeeze all three Kaija paths into the same starting state.

My gut feeling is that both the Templars and the Elves have been played against each other by the third faction that organized the demon hit squad. Not to say the two sides haven't added their own fuel to the fire (arrogance and bombast clearly transcend race), but I think someone else lit the match.

If I'm right, however, it may be a while before we learn the truth.
I agree with your post. The only thing I would add, if the MC had concerns about his relationship, he would probably go to his parents. They would have downplayed any concerns and told him to stick with it. I'm making a speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if that or similar comes out in the story ahead.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I agree with your post. The only thing I would add, if the MC had concerns about his relationship, he would probably go to his parents. They would have downplayed any concerns and told him to stick with it. I'm making a speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if that or similar comes out in the story ahead.
Yeah, I considered that and it's a definite possibility (more or less likely depending on how cynically you view them). I still think some of it would fall on the MC since parents or no, he must have noticed Kaija doesn't seem to be enjoying herself at times and ought to talk to her about it eventually. He's inundated with romance in pop culture like everyone else, so it's not like his parents are the only benchmark the MC would have.

But I agree his situation is not as unrealistic as it appears at first blush.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_4.png

Hey everyone,

It's Friday and it's time for an update.
It's been a busy week. Lots of work and private stuff to do but I still got some work on the game done.
More than I really expected. I'm still posing and rendering the images for the stuff already written but I'm catching up.
To the point where I'll probably be able to build my first test build early next week.
I expected to be at this point roughly a week later, so I guess I can't really complain about not having enough time...

The numbers for this week are:
116 new static renders, 264 in total
160 new lines in the script file, 1021 in total

Next week's goal will be to get the remaining renders for the first test build done, find and implement music for it, and do a test run or two.
Also, next week's Dev Log will be a bit longer because the Steam Next Fest is just around the corner and that'll come with some news/changes.

That's it for today, have a nice weekend, and stay safe guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Oct 10, 2022
So you are adding gaslighting on top of all of their crimes. Sounds plausible tbh. MC goes to mom says I think Kaija cheats on me, his mom gaslights him to believe nothings wrong, rinse and repeat.

Apart from my health and most of my family, I actually enjoy my life :LOL:
Fucking old people, all happy and shit. :mad:
Jokes aside I am happy to hear there are some people enjoy their life.

I'm with you on the health part. As for what's left of our family, I love them all. Same with our last childhood friend and their family.
Here comes another one. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I considered that and it's a definite possibility (more or less likely depending on how cynically you view them). I still think some of it would fall on the MC since parents or no, he must have noticed Kaija doesn't seem to be enjoying herself at times and ought to talk to her about it eventually. He's inundated with romance in pop culture like everyone else, so it's not like his parents are the only benchmark the MC would have.
That's the thing though, in every path both MC and Kaija states they enjoy each others presence. MC mentions whenever they met, how sad or how angry she was her eyes lit up when she sees MC. Also MC says he always liked to be around Kaija. On top of that, Kaija calling being with MC best part of her real life. Their fights almost always came from Kaija's job.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Dark Silence

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
So you are adding gaslighting on top of all of their crimes. Sounds plausible tbh. MC goes to mom says I think Kaija cheats on me, his mom gaslights him to believe nothings wrong, rinse and repeat.

Fucking old people, all happy and shit. :mad:
Jokes aside I am happy to hear there are some people enjoys their life.

Here comes another one. :rolleyes:

That's the thing though, in every path both MC and Kaija states they enjoy each others presence. MC mentions whenever they met, how sad or how angry she was her eyes lit up when she sees MC. Also MC says he always liked to be around Kaija. On top of that, Kaija calling being with MC best part of her real life. Their fights almost always came from Kaija's job.

I think there was. It was in their best interests to keep them together once Kaija went in to the relationship whether it made their son happy or not. Otherwise they would have to find a new pet to look after the MC. Oh the inconvenience for them (yeah sarcasm). I don't know about the father yet but the mother would definitely. My opinion of her is pretty low.

I don't question Kaija and the MC's friendship. I think it was genuine. My MC just won't be dating her (except for one love path play through).

Oct 10, 2022
I don't question Kaija and the MC's friendship. I think it was genuine. My MC just won't be dating her (except for one love path play through).
Oh my MC be sure to make her suffer along with the other Templars. I may only spare Statham to let the elves keep him as a pet. After all my motto for Kaija, blunt stake and oil for burning.

I think there was. It was in their best interests to keep them together once Kaija went in to the relationship whether it made their son happy or not. Otherwise they would have to find a new pet to look after the MC. Oh the inconvenience for them (yeah sarcasm). I don't know about the father yet but the mother would definitely. My opinion of her is pretty low.
When you say it like this, I think if Kaija had stopped the protection duty when they started dating and give the job to another Templar I'd probably be very understanding towards her. I don't think in the bitch path she would have done anything like that but maybe for the love path?

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I can't wait till I finish this other AVN im replaying so I can replay this one each morning slowly on the hate and middle path to see if my opinion of Kaija will change but I doubt it will. Mostly cause I don't see my personality making me hate her unless she does something on the level of Vulvamort bad or worst.

Oct 10, 2022
I can't wait till I finish this other AVN im replaying so I can replay this one each morning slowly on the hate and middle path to see if my opinion of Kaija will change but I doubt it will. Mostly cause I don't see my personality making me hate her unless she does something on the level of Vulvamort bad or worst.
Okay, let me tell you this no one can be on the same level with Vulvamort. There is Ana the ex-girlfriend of MC from Acting Lessons, she is runner up but even her can't come close to Vulvamort.

So if your condition is being on the same level with Vulvamort, then you'd be on the safe side. :giggle:

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Okay, let me tell you this no one can be on the same level with Vulvamort. There is Ana the ex-girlfriend of MC from Acting Lessons, she is runner up but even her can't come close to Vulvamort.

So if your condition is being on the same level with Vulvamort, then you'd be on the safe side. :giggle:
lol true it's late I can barley stay awake atm and I was brain farting and I couldn't think of how to spell atrocious for a minute and just used Vulvamort as a replacement for atrocious , since bad felt to simple of a word haha. But yeah not quite Vulvamort but a bit of a step down from Vulvamort bad id say would be my criteria.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Kaija isn't Vulvamort. By all means play the other paths, it will give you more appreciation of the game. As for how you feel about Kaija, its okay to like her. She made some bad decisions as far as MC goes, but their friendship was genuine and that is where it should have stayed.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes