VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
A better question would be....given what we know exists in this world....and what factions we already have/know if...

If there is a mystery faction/race/whatever pulling strings to antoginise the elves against the Templars...who or what might they be?
Technically it could be almost anyone: we know there are more than nine worlds in the multiverse, and you'd think each world would have at least one faction. The sky's the limit as to what might be out there. I'm not saying aliens are definitely behind everything... but it could totally be aliens! :alien:

If we had limit the guesses to something based on what we've seen in game so far, however, the only definite faction we know of are the Hellspawn. They clearly have a motive and we know they're up to something. But we've been assured they can't use magic. That makes is unlikely they could easily fool both factions on their own, which implies they are either pawns or allies for yet another faction. This effectively just reframes the original question, so who's left?

The simplest answer is it's a rogue elf or Templar who teamed up with the Hellspawn to settle some longstanding grudge. That's plausible enough and it would keep the number of factions to a minimum, but it's a little underwhelming. It's not like we've been hearing about some legendary figure of the past who could make a dramatic reveal as the big bad (well, other than the MC's father, but that would require some painful contortions to fit).

There are only two other option I can think (short of pulling something completely new out of the hat). The first would be Fiona's 'family.' They have some level of power, and it would fit in with them pitting the Irish factions against each other for their own amusement - they've taken their games to a larger stage. It would also be an easy way to tie Fiona into the main plot. The downside, though, is that it would feel like quite a coincidence to meet Fiona just before her past catches up with both of us.

The other option is the vaguely defined 'powers that be' who actually enforce the secrecy of Neverwhere on the world. Based on Kaija's speech we know they must exist, and the Templars have to work around them to some degree so they'd have a potential motive to want the Templars gone. But we know so little about this group that they're only the smallest step up from it being a whole new faction.

Put all that together... and IMHO it doesn't point in any particular direction. Not the most insightful analysis I'm afraid, but there you have it. :confused:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
echnically it could be almost anyone: we know there are more than nine worlds in the multiverse, and you'd think each world would have at least one faction.
Techincally...I'd vehemently argue against that.

Everything we have so far is firmly rooted in mythological lore/real world organisations...not the fantastical. Why I asked the question....

Last edited:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_29.png

Hey everyone,

This week has been pretty busy with work as it's usually that way at the end/start of the month. Next week will be busy too with all the stuff that needs to be done at the start of the month.
At least, the private side of things is pretty chill at the moment so I still have enough time to work on the game. Okay, it's never "enough" but you get the idea :)

As mentioned last week, this week's main focus was animation work so the render and script numbers are lower than the weeks before.
I'm still working on the first of the 2 animation-heavy scenes and will finish that sometime next week. Over the weekend, the PC will be busy rendering the animations that are already posed.
To give you a rough idea: the scene is at around 40 seconds of animation already with the longer animation parts not even rendered.
Thank god it's not hot outside as the pc will keep the house warm within the next several days...

The numbers for this week:
53 new static renders for a total of 742
10 new animations for a total of 18
92 new script lines for a total of 2046

That's it for today, have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Ah Australia, the Great Southern Land. Not only every single dweller tries to kill you but also water turns you into a simp. :LOL:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: it would seem so. It never use to be like that. Its a conspiracy worthy of Neverwhere Tales.
Our water is being contaminated by Kaija and the Templars. Australia is really Neverwhere in disguise...

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Oh so you guy's are only 11 hours back, ? well then good night then !
I may not sleep tonight hard to say. Its a rough night. I could be off and on. I can't complain, its been weeks since I had a sleepless night. Getting old and chronic pain suck. The timing is shit, I have a party on tomorrow night so I'm hoping for a little sleep at least.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes