VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Jokes aside, never been there myself but I heard only good things from people who visited Australia, I'd like to visit there. Now, I have more reason to do that after I learned there is a Neverwhere entrance there.:LOL:
but you may run into some "Kaija's" if you visit which would be perfect for me but a nightmare for you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3399551

Hey everyone,

This week has been pretty busy with work as it's usually that way at the end/start of the month. Next week will be busy too with all the stuff that needs to be done at the start of the month.
At least, the private side of things is pretty chill at the moment so I still have enough time to work on the game. Okay, it's never "enough" but you get the idea :)

As mentioned last week, this week's main focus was animation work so the render and script numbers are lower than the weeks before.
I'm still working on the first of the 2 animation-heavy scenes and will finish that sometime next week. Over the weekend, the PC will be busy rendering the animations that are already posed.
To give you a rough idea: the scene is at around 40 seconds of animation already with the longer animation parts not even rendered.
Thank god it's not hot outside as the pc will keep the house warm within the next several days...

The numbers for this week:
53 new static renders for a total of 742
10 new animations for a total of 18
92 new script lines for a total of 2046

That's it for today, have a nice weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Hmmmm. My numbers differ slightly from Ceolag: I make 89 new lines this week (up from 1957 last week). Regardless of a 3 line discrepancy, Ceolag's overall average is currently around 88 statics, 2.1 animations, and 243 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Animation render rate has gone through the roof, presumably one of the perks of letting the pc churn through a lengthy queue unattended. I doubt this pace is sustainable, especially since things will probably transition back to statics once Ceolag wraps up the bar scene and gets on to meeting the elves. Not to dismiss Kate, but that's the part I'm much more interested in.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Techincally...I'd vehemently argue against that.

Everything we have so far is firmly rooted in mythological lore/real world organisations...not the fantastical. Why I asked the question....
I disagree. What we've seen is rooted on an interpretation of mythology and historical organizations, and it's the interpretation that matters.

There are no Templars in Norse mythology, and no real world factions had dealings with elves, so any grudge held by a third party with both groups would be based on the history Ceolag is creating for this game. We could speculate that a group like the Dokkalfar, or the Illuminati, or the Papacy is the culprit, and any of those could be spun into a good story. But that's little more than guessing a name. We don't know enough to speculate what those groups are actually like in the Neverwhere-verse, so we'd effectively be hoping our creative fiction lines up with Ceolag's.

That's why I tried to focus on the people and groups we've seen/heard about in game. Looking at the world these interpretations are grounded in is, IMHO, our best bet to figure out who else could be a major player in the story.

Can someone wake me up when shitting on Kaija starts? I do need a quick nap. :)
You ought to wait for it to stop first.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
just wait until she sees the MC banging the shit out of Fiona, tears are gonna be delicious :ROFLMAO:
I've run out of reactions as usual, but yeah that will be interesting the first time Kaija encounters MC with Elea, Fiona, or even Linnae...

Hello good morning bud, what do you don't like Ivy / Yuna ?
I'm not sure you're awake yet mate, but good morning.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes