VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Just you guys wait until Kaija offers me a threesome with Nightingale (Which I'll politely decline of course)
Then you will all be jelly.
I already played with Nightingale. In fact, she's bit slow on the load and there's a bit of lag, but all in all, she's a great play.

• Haha
Reactions: Joshy92

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Btw, I am not sure anyone noticed that but she did not refuse an order. She refused that MC and her having something more than friendship. There was no order at that point, only a supervisor probing in. Then she ended up in front of council or whatever they call it, they wanted her to be closer to MC and then Grand Master intervened.

People here, thinking she did refuse the order but she only refused to answer questions. If Grand Master was not involved, we don't know she would have refused the order, as a fact. If we take her recent pattern as a guide, I think she would have accepted it.
This makes me want to replay the path now I believe you. Just I swore she said the way she went about it if the Grand Master didn't intervene she said she risked losing everything, which is what made me believe it was a bit more to it than a supervisor probing in . But next time I do replay it I will be taking notes haha

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
No she refuses, at least she did in my run where i had 0 points with her.

Yes she fell in love with time, but even on her love path she answers on the MC's question of how much was a show, 'at the beging pretty much everything beside the friendship later on nothing'. Which translates to me, she wasn't in love as they started their relationship.
Not necessarily. I've discussed this before, but note that Kaija is very insistent that she didn't pretend to like the MC even as she says everything but their friendship started as a lie. If you look at the code Maviarab posted, Kaija says her initial plan was just to do "friend stuff," regardless of which path she's on. She also specifies that the original friendship was authentic, an interesting qualifier since the discussion was about their more-than-friends relationship.

To me, that implies that Kaija deliberately and artificially amped up her friendship with the MC in response to the Templars' orders, but she intended to to keep things platonic. On all her paths things escalated to a sexual relationship despite her intent, but how she responded to that varies by path. If her points are low, she decided this made her life easier and embraced the lie. On her love path, she was sincere in her feelings but didn't know how to solidify the new relationship without spilling all the beans.

In other words, her "Pretty much everything except the original friendship" line is very misleading because while she uses those words in both paths, on one path it refers to *everything* following the childhood friendship (including the romantic relationship), but on the other it refers only to a narrowly defined period where she hung out with the MC more than she had previously.

It's extremely confusing, and there's a non-zero chance some of this is an unintended consequence of Ceolag not branching her dialog enough in the early chapters, but that seems to be the best way to read what we actually got.

EDIT:
Btw, I am not sure anyone noticed that but she did not refuse an order. She refused that MC and her having something more than friendship. There was no order at that point, only a supervisor probing in. Then she ended up in front of council or whatever they call it, they wanted her to be closer to MC and then Grand Master intervened.

People here, thinking she did refuse the order but she only refused to answer questions. If Grand Master was not involved, we don't know she would have refused the order, as a fact. If we take her recent pattern as a guide, I think she would have accepted it.
Again, even to the extent that's true, it's very misleading. Kaija says explicitly that "[The leadership] tried to force me to get closer to [the MC]." How do you think they tried to force that? Physically dragging her around? It can't just be a case of the council debating amongst itself before the Grand Master made a decision, or else Kaija wouldn't know about it.

The clear implication is that someone in "the leadership" gave Kaija an order, she protested it, and eventually it was adjudicated by the MC's father. We can get pedantic about precisely what constitutes an order and whether or not Kaija refused it rather than, say, sought clarification, but I think the difference is rather minor. Kaija went against the wishes of one or more of her superiors when she thought they were doing something wrong, so there are clearly limits to her loyalty.

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
TLDR: in one path she fell in Love with MC on the other she don't and enjoyed sex with no attached feelings,
she cares about him, as a friend and Lover, and on the other only as a friend.
Yeah she totally deserved to be burnt by great Inquisitor........how could she not be in love with him, since MC is looking for solance in the arms of other girls, as he face relship issues.
Sorry this whole Kaija discusion is turning a bit sterile if you ask me it moves in circles,
By the way, in that Dialoge posted by Mav there is a hint about it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Why have her Babysit the MC ? and for what get in to a fight with your superior if you don't care about the friendship ?

Oct 10, 2022
Yeah she totally deserved to be burnt by great Inquisitor........how could she not be in love with him, since MC is looking for solance in the arms of other girls, as he face relship issues.
Did anyone say anything to Kaija because she is not in love with MC? If so, I missed it. Most of us hate her because you don't betray people you care for as a friend or more. Yes, she deserves inquisitor because she lied about everything to MC and that is a betrayal in my books.
There is only one chance for MC looking solace in other girls who is Anissa for every other girl you can end things with Kaija. If you did not then you choose to do such a thing, that is on you not MC. Also especially on Elea path, also Fiona path is more or less same, she made sure things ended with Kaija before made a move on you. MC can lie there too but if you choose that it's not on MC, it's on you. So including Anissa, it is you who choose not MC. Also even if MC was doing what you said, that does not make what Kaija did right because 2 wrongs do not make a right.

TLDR: in one path she fell in Love with MC on the other she don't and enjoyed sex with no attached feelings,
she cares about him, as a friend and Lover, and on the other only as a friend.
TLDR: her caring about MC does not make what she did, right on the contrary it makes things worse for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quetzzz
Oct 10, 2022
Again, even to the extent that's true, it's very misleading. Kaija says explicitly that "[The leadership] tried to force me to get closer to [the MC]." How do you think they tried to force that? Physically dragging her around? It can't just be a case of the council debating amongst itself before the Grand Master made a decision, or else Kaija wouldn't know about it.

The clear implication is that someone in "the leadership" gave Kaija an order, she protested it, and eventually it was adjudicated by the MC's father. We can get pedantic about precisely what constitutes an order and whether or not Kaija refused it rather than, say, sought clarification, but I think the difference is rather minor. Kaija went against the wishes of one or more of her superiors when she thought they were doing something wrong, so there are clearly limits to her loyalty.
I am not trying to educate here but force means make someone do something they don't want to, you can do that by manipulating, blackmailing, or like you said physically though this does not have any relation with what I said.

Check Maviarab's post, a supervisor asks about her relationship with MC. She got aggressive about it. At this point there is no order. Then leadership wanted her to pretend to be MC's lover, she did not accept or refuse at this point then grand master intervened.

Up until here, facts from the game. She may not want to do it but that does not necessarily means she won't. e.g.
screenshot0037.png

Does she look like she wants to do things she is doing? She clearly bothers by it, she is forced to do it though. You can say by Templars, by her duty, by circumstances etc. but she is doing something she does not want to do. This is why, I said if recent deeds of her can be an example she would have accepted the job even if she did not wanted to do if Grand Master did not prevent it. So could you kindly explain to me which part is misleading?

Oct 10, 2022

Being poisoned can be life-threatening. If someone has been poisoned, do not try to treat them yourself – seek medical help immediately.

If they're showing signs of being seriously ill, dial 999 to request an ambulance or take them to your local A&E department.

Symptoms associated with serious poisoning include:

being sick
dizziness
sudden, noticeable heartbeats (palpitations)
breathing difficulties
uncontrollable restlessness or agitation
seizures (fits)
drowsiness or loss of consciousness

Call NHS 111 for advice if a person who's been poisoned does not appear to be seriously ill.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes