4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_34.png

Hey everyone,

time for another update.
Here it is: I can't see the DAZ timeline tool anymore.
My goal for this week was to finish the scene I was working on and wrap up my next test build.
I somehow ended up with 11 more animations in the render queue and spent most of this week looking at the said DAZ tool.
DAZ tends to get annoyingly slow the more frames you have in an animation. Having several animations with 300 or more frames isn't fun after some time.
I'm glad I'm done with that until I reach the end of the Chapter. Everything between now and then will be way less complex.

It feels good to go back to writing and setting up statics. Especially the writing part in particular has been neglected in the last 2 weeks.
And it's finally time to move on to the main focus of Chapter 5 and back to Neverwhere.
My PC will thank me too... after it's done rendering the remaining animations over the weekend...

I'll push the test build into next week because I want to include the animations that need to be rendered. The rest of the build is ready, including music for the scenes.

Onwards, to waffles... uh numbers:
37 new static renders for a total of 851
11 new animations for a total of 35 (eat this, Chapter 2)
186 new lines in the script file for a total of 2341

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3445607

Hey everyone,

time for another update.
Here it is: I can't see the DAZ timeline tool anymore.
My goal for this week was to finish the scene I was working on and wrap up my next test build.
I somehow ended up with 11 more animations in the render queue and spent most of this week looking at the said DAZ tool.
DAZ tends to get annoyingly slow the more frames you have in an animation. Having several animations with 300 or more frames isn't fun after some time.
I'm glad I'm done with that until I reach the end of the Chapter. Everything between now and then will be way less complex.

It feels good to go back to writing and setting up statics. Especially the writing part in particular has been neglected in the last 2 weeks.
And it's finally time to move on to the main focus of Chapter 5 and back to Neverwhere.
My PC will thank me too... after it's done rendering the remaining animations over the weekend...

I'll push the test build into next week because I want to include the animations that need to be rendered. The rest of the build is ready, including music for the scenes.

Onwards, to waffles... uh numbers:
37 new static renders for a total of 851
11 new animations for a total of 35 (eat this, Chapter 2)
186 new lines in the script file for a total of 2341

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Ceolag already covered this week's numbers. Overall, he is currently averaging roughly 82 static renders, 3.4 animations and 220 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Definitely a major surge in animations, and it sounds like there are still a few more to come next week. Presumably we'll see a higher static/line focus going forward, at least for a while.

Personally, I'm a lot more interested in the story part of the new chapter, so I'm very curious to see what will happen now that we're finally into that portion.

Oct 10, 2022
Don't listen to anyone, bro. Choose your path by how you feel. Just don't fall into the evil web of Kaija or the Templars. Stay true! :LOL:
I mean that's what said, did not I? Sure, in a more crude way but still........

and me (unused im not like Joshy that likes to do cleanup duty) tho she just might be going down 1 spot on my LI list now so im sure Defenestrator.for.traitor is happy she is getting closer to not being in my top 10

Now, I am eagerly waiting you to put her in the shit list. :LOL:

...reminded me of an oft-scorned woman from another VN many here have followed. Her decisions, as terrible as they seemed, were for love - maybe this will be similar.

Don't hold your breath mate. :LOL:

I won't take the Leap that Kaija was influenced by that character, but have Faith that she will redeem herself, if given the chance, just as the other one did. ;)
I don't think she did that either, slightly better than this cunt. :LOL:

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes