VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Your life, your mistakes. We all did some stuff we regret years later.
Maybe we will see in future but I kind of trust her just as much as the other LI after everything is out in the open now. Only thing left to do is slowly change her opinion on the Templars , then everything will be perfect.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Maybe we will see in future but I kind of trust her just as much as the other LI after everything is out in the open now. Only thing left to do is slowly change her opinion on the Templars , then everything will be perfect.
I have no problem with her redeeming herself, I just don't know she could do it to a point I'd trust her. Then again it has happened before in a couple of other VNs so you never know. I won't rule it out, but I'm not optimistic it will happen either. I know, I'm a grumpy old bastard :ROFLMAO:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_77.png

Hey everyone,

Another week went by and it's Friday again.
I expected this week to be a bit slower progress-wise because of, again, a national holiday this week.
I guess it was not (slow), but I let you guys be the judges for that.

The focus this week was on rendering the remaining images for the next test build and then creating said test build.
Both went pretty well and I even finished the work on that a day ahead of what I had planned.

While waiting for the PC to finish the renders I got quite a bit of writing for the next scenes done too.
In the past, my PC rendered faster than I could pose new renders.
That wasn't true for the past 2-3 weeks.
The PC was rendering almost around the clock and was only able to catch up because of the days off (weekends & national holidays), where I had less time to pose new renders.
I think I can finally understand why a lot of devs have a dedicated PC for rendering.

There are still a few scenes left but most of them will be pretty easy to pose.
Two of the remaining (one is the Chapter finale) scenes are more complex because of their setup/environment.

The numbers for this week:
131 new static renders for a total of 1809
no new animations
508 new lines in the script file for a total of 5078

That's it for today. Next week, there's a national holiday over here (surprise!).

Have a nice weekend, guys.
Cheers,
Ceolag

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3665616

Hey everyone,

Another week went by and it's Friday again.
I expected this week to be a bit slower progress-wise because of, again, a national holiday this week.
I guess it was not (slow), but I let you guys be the judges for that.

The focus this week was on rendering the remaining images for the next test build and then creating said test build.
Both went pretty well and I even finished the work on that a day ahead of what I had planned.

While waiting for the PC to finish the renders I got quite a bit of writing for the next scenes done too.
In the past, my PC rendered faster than I could pose new renders.
That wasn't true for the past 2-3 weeks.
The PC was rendering almost around the clock and was only able to catch up because of the days off (weekends & national holidays), where I had less time to pose new renders.
I think I can finally understand why a lot of devs have a dedicated PC for rendering.

There are still a few scenes left but most of them will be pretty easy to pose.
Two of the remaining (one is the Chapter finale) scenes are more complex because of their setup/environment.

The numbers for this week:
131 new static renders for a total of 1809
no new animations
508 new lines in the script file for a total of 5078

That's it for today. Next week, there's a national holiday over here (surprise!).

Have a nice weekend, guys.
Cheers,
Ceolag
Good news, Ceolag, I'm an excellent judge of rates! Challenge accepted! :geek:

First, we need to cover the basics. As of this week, your overall averages are approximately 89 static renders, 1.8 animations, and 249 lines per week since work on Chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So, how does this week stack up relative to previous weeks? In terms of statics and lines it's a clear win: a 50% increase in statics and a whopping 100% increase in lines. In fact, this has been the single most productive week for statics and lines so far in this development cycle!

There is a fly in the ointment, however, namely a -100% drop in animation rates. That's tied for the least productive week thus far. How do we determine whether the relative paucity of animations offsets the bevy of statics and lines in a way that doesn't spawn a flame war over the relative value of animations? We're going to have to move beyond the arithmetic mean and bust out some other averages.

Your overall median numbers since work on Chapter 5 officially began are roughly 87 statics, 0.0 animations, and 200 lines per week; this is because animations tend to come from a small number of very productive weeks whereas statics and lines accumulate more steadily over time. Using this metric, you're still around 50% above average on statics, but climb to nearly 150% above average on lines while holding steady +0% on animations. In other words, the surfeit of statics and lines this week was much more significant than the deficit of animations.

I therefore declare this week not slow! It is so ordered.
1716553838347.jpeg

Oh, and nice shot of Medb. Definitely looking forward to hearing what she has to say.

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
I find it crazy how ceolag can pump out 89 good renders a week and some very well known devs (who shall go unnamed) take like 3 months for 400 render updates.
Either ceolag is a beast or other devs have some funny business going on. :unsure:

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes