VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
...but a bit disapointed that she dosent even feel anything for the MC, kinda ruined the hole plan i had of staying faithfull to her...
No need to rush to conclusions there... Her "love status" totally depends on your choices as a player! She can leave cold or in tears (after the prologue), or something like that, it's been a while.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
No need to rush to conclusions there... Her "love status" totally depends on your choices as a player! She can leave cold or in tears (after the prologue), or something like that, it's been a while.
Yeah i tried doing 5 points with her and it was alot better.

But i think its a little fucked up that those few points made such a big diffrens, it went from her only thinking of him as a friend and being with him purely out of duty to her really loving MC....in my eyes thats a bad choice from the devs side, since they got together way before the players starts the story so it should be set in stone already as to why shes in a relationship with MC and not just based on a few options like if you slap her ass or not and such.

Also it seems a bit off if you dont get the points, since when you sit down with the mom she tells you she only has feelings for you as a friend, but if you talk to her after on the bench at the water front she tells you she loves you, it kinda makes no sense.
Small stuff but still a little weird.

But atleast its possible to get it the right way, or atleast the right way in my eyes by getting max points.

Last edited:

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Yeah i tried doing 5 points with her and it was alot better.

But i think its a little fucked up that those few points made such a big diffrens, it went from her only thinking of him as a friend and being with him purely out of duty to her really loving MC....in my eyes thats a bad choice from the devs side, since they got together way before the players starts the story so it should be set in stone already as to why shes in a relationship with MC and not just based on a few options like if you slap her ass or not and such.

Also it seems a bit off if you dont get the points, since when you sit down with the mom she tells you she only has feelings for you as a friend, but if you talk to her after on the bench at the water front she tells you she loves you, it kinda makes no sense.
Small stuff but still a little weird.

But atleast its possible to get it the right way, or atleast the right way in my eyes by getting max points.
First Maviarab be kind. The facepalm is too much compare to what MikesDK said.

Now, for my two cents, the fact that you can make her cold might be a way to go towards the other Lis without the feeling of cheating (too much).
The (in)consistency that you talk about could represent the difficulty to express your feelings in this kind of exceptionnal situations.

Not saying that you are wrong, but I was not that disturb myself.
For the record, I'm a completist, so I play the "all" paths ;-)

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
First Maviarab be kind. The facepalm is too much compare to what MikesDK said.

Now, for my two cents, the fact that you can make her cold might be a way to go towards the other Lis without the feeling of cheating (too much).
The (in)consistency that you talk about could represent the difficulty to express your feelings in this kind of exceptionnal situations.

Not saying that you are wrong, but I was not that disturb myself.
For the record, I'm a completist, so I play the "all" paths ;-)
I dont mind the facepalm always some trolls around that are affride to discus a game or who can only see it their own way :)

I can see how making her cold is usefull if you dont want to be with her as the player, problem is when you do want to be with her and just miss a few points and you get hit in the face with the friend zone talk making MC the abused guy who had a relationship for years with someone that dident want him and making her a royal bitch you cant trust.......it made me want to shoot her ass and never see her again.
So i would never find the inconsistency or find out if she loved MC (which i still think is a mistake in dialog after your hit with the friend zone talk she shouldent make a 180 and be deeply in love) since i wouldent talk to her at the beach front and find out about it, so it wasent much fun when i never went after any of the other LIs, kinda made it pointless to play on which was a shitty feeling when you like the story, but with 0 LIs it just wouldent be much fun, dident really care for the other LIs.

Still think she should be in love with MC no matter the points or just be a friend of hes in chapter one and let the player deside who to go after then there would be 0 drama, or people can break up with her once they find out the truth, but i proberly just feel that way since she was my favort.

But atleast there is a love route so i am still happy and love that game and looking forward to see where it will go.

Reactions: Tulrek

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I dont mind the facepalm always some trolls around that are affride to discus a game or who can only see it their own way :)

I can see how making her cold is usefull if you dont want to be with her as the player, problem is when you do want to be with her and just miss a few points and you get hit in the face with the friend zone talk making MC the abused guy who had a relationship for years with someone that dident want him and making her a royal bitch you cant trust.......it made me want to shoot her ass and never see her again.
So i would never find the inconsistency or find out if she loved MC (which i still think is a mistake in dialog after your hit with the friend zone talk she shouldent make a 180 and be deeply in love) since i wouldent talk to her at the beach front and find out about it, so it wasent much fun when i never went after any of the other LIs, kinda made it pointless to play on which was a shitty feeling when you like the story, but with 0 LIs it just wouldent be much fun, dident really care for the other LIs.

Still think she should be in love with MC no matter the points or just be a friend of hes in chapter one and let the player deside who to go after then there would be 0 drama, or people can break up with her once they find out the truth, but i proberly just feel that way since she was my favort.

But atleast there is a love route so i am still happy and love that game and looking forward to see where it will go.
I'm the troll...yet you're the one calling the coding stupid because you're too stupid to understand there has to be different routes and a way to tell her to stuff herself without even offering an alternative?

Sure kid...whatever...there's a reason I use the facepalm to highlight peoples stupidity and don't actually reply. :rolleyes:

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I'm the troll...yet you're the one calling the coding stupid because you're too stupid to understand there has to be different routes and a way to tell her to stuff herself without even offering an alternative?

Sure kid...whatever...there's a reason I use the facepalm to highlight peoples stupidity and don't actually reply. :rolleyes:
And where did i call coding stupid? i only talked about the game story and there is plenty of ways it could have been made to break up with her, like when she tells the truth you can deside whatever since she did hide alot of stuff from MC.

The only thing i am against is the friend zone talk due to missing a few points, it made game unplayable to me when she was the only LI i cared about to find out she was just a whore for the job abusing MC for years, and since they have been together in a relationship for years i still belive she should have been in love with MC when the relationship started and friend zone talk shouldent be there, it only creates hate for the LI which isent really needed for a long time old friend, also dosent really make sense for her to become a whore and abuse MC like that when they have been real friends for so long.
And it dosent help that she tells you she loves ya 5 mins later if you talk to her at the bench, not that it would happen if you already hate her at that point, then you wont talk to her, which was what happend in my first playthrough barely gave it another try after that, why would i when i dident care for the other LIs and hated the one i did care about....

Anyway i wont talk any more about this issue, i feel it was a bad choice to turn her into an abuseing whore being MCs old friend, others might like that idea, it just put a risk into losing some supporters that like the main grilfriend who might quit before ever finding out there is a love route as well, like i almost did.

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview20.png

Hey everyone,

I'll make this one quick because this week has been pretty much business as usual.
No awesome news, but also no bad news. :)

I finished the work on Elea's scene and moved on to Fiona's scene this week.
Fiona's scene is the last one before I start with the work on the chapter finale.
Elea's scene got pretty big with a total of 197 renders, although they are scattered across different paths and decisions, so you might not see all of them in one playthrough.
Fiona's scene will be a bit shorter this time and I expect to finish the work on it sometime next week.

The numbers for this week are:
90 more static renders (total of 1141)
~350 lines in the script file (total of 3391)

And with that, I'm off to posing renders again.

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

ch4_preview21.png ch4_preview22.png

Oct 10, 2022
But it wasn't intentional

I know some people say Kaija betrayed us
But it wasn't intentional
So I have already forgiven her
Soooo..... you are saying she got her orders by accident, then she used friendship as a leverage to kickstart a relationship with you by accident, she hides literally everything from you by accident. Sure hell of a series of coincidence and bad luck.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Soooo..... you are saying she got her orders by accident, then she used friendship as a leverage to kickstart a relationship with you by accident, she hides literally everything from you by accident. Sure hell of a series of coincidence and bad luck.

I know she has had some bad luck
But she really didn't want to hurt us
And she has shown she cares deeply for the mc

Give her another couple of chapters she might turn out to your favourite character

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Yup...as childhood friends she was pretty much groomed to be our bodyguard. I don't doubt her love for us...I do seriously dislike being kept in the dark though and being lied to...especially given our fucking father is the head godamn honcho and everyone KNEW something like this might happen. Like..seriously guys...

Oct 10, 2022
I know she has had some bad luck
But she really didn't want to hurt us
And she has shown she cares deeply for the mc

Give her another couple of chapters she might turn out to your favourite character
Oh I am giving her a few chapter don't you worry about it.
I'll be delighted when we torture her with Mebd, I even chose to ask her teach MC fighting so we can use her guns against her. Exactly like she did to MC.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yup...as childhood friends she was pretty much groomed to be our bodyguard. I don't doubt her love for us...I do seriously dislike being kept in the dark though and being lied to...especially given our fucking father is the head godamn honcho and everyone KNEW something like this might happen. Like..seriously guys...
That's why i'm the most curious about Medb. I really hope we can go against the templers, i'd love to see the face of the father and Kaija :whistle:

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes