That is awesome I'll definitely be getting this and adding it to my collection

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
honjo_2k.png

Friday... again? I was sure I had at least 2 more days this week until Friday...

Well, the big news got out on Wednesday anyway, so I'll keep this Dev Log short(-ish).
The numbers for this week are:
53 new static renders for a total of 1373
1 new animation for a total of 22
~100 lines in the script file for a total of 3972

I'm at the 2nd to last setting for this chapter and spent yesterday and today messing around with UltraScenery for DAZ.
It's an extremely powerful tool for setting up environments. Powerful also means it's not just hit load & render.
For example one of my test setups caused my 4090 to take 30 seconds for a single Iray iteration.
On a render without characters and a potential count of iterations around 1500.
So yeah... not going to fly :)
But I need to do that because I'll need it for later Chapters anyway. So better start early with it.
I think I have a setting figured out for the actual scene I'm working on, so I can get back to setting up renders next week.
Talking about renders, there won't be any more preview renders from now on to avoid spoilers.
But I have some ideas for teasers or concepts I can show, so you don't need to live without images.
Just make sure to remember that these are not game renders. :)

The first one is attached to this post.
Name of the image is "Honjo." ;)

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview27.png

Hello everyone,

The important things first. This will (most likely) be the last Dev Update for Chapter 4. The next announcement is supposed to be about the beta stage. That doesn't mean it'll be next Friday. It might be a bit later!

Why?
Short version:
Because it won't contain anything more than "I'm still rendering away the last part."

Long version:
The script for Chapter 4 is done, excluding coding in the renders for the last part and maybe the addition of a few lines that might come up when testing it.
But all dialog, story, and so on is finished.
All renders up to the last part are done, post-worked, and coded into the script.
There are roughly 100 renders and 1 animation left to pose and render, give or take.

As I said last week, there won't be previews anymore to avoid spoilers.
I attached 2 of my test renders. 1 for the environment I needed to set up for the final part and 1 for a character I needed for the same scene.

The script is at 4345 lines right now and the render count is at 1450 static renders.

To be honest, the render count is way higher than I expected before I started work on this Chapter. Some scenes are pretty heavy on the render side without too much text to read be it because I can show instead of write what's happening (a character nodding at you for example) or because there's just no dialog when characters are kicking ass.

I won't give a fixed release date because I don't see a point in it. If something happens and I need to delay, people will be pissed (I'd be!). And if I'm done before that date I'm not going to sit here and wait for the release to come.
I'll release it as soon as possible.
That said, there is one date that might be important for the release: December 20th.
That's the latest day for a release this year. If something really goes wrong and I can't get it done by then, I'll push the release to next year. Christmas is usually pretty busy for me and I won't release a rushed update when I don't have the time to react to and fix major problems that might come with a rushed release.

But right now it's looking pretty good for a release before December 20th.

Cheers,
Ceolag

ch4_preview28.png

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
View attachment 3093888

Hello everyone,

The important things first. This will (most likely) be the last Dev Update for Chapter 4. The next announcement is supposed to be about the beta stage. That doesn't mean it'll be next Friday. It might be a bit later!

Why?
Short version:
Because it won't contain anything more than "I'm still rendering away the last part."

Long version:
The script for Chapter 4 is done, excluding coding in the renders for the last part and maybe the addition of a few lines that might come up when testing it.
But all dialog, story, and so on is finished.
All renders up to the last part are done, post-worked, and coded into the script.
There are roughly 100 renders and 1 animation left to pose and render, give or take.

As I said last week, there won't be previews anymore to avoid spoilers.
I attached 2 of my test renders. 1 for the environment I needed to set up for the final part and 1 for a character I needed for the same scene.

The script is at 4345 lines right now and the render count is at 1450 static renders.

To be honest, the render count is way higher than I expected before I started work on this Chapter. Some scenes are pretty heavy on the render side without too much text to read be it because I can show instead of write what's happening (a character nodding at you for example) or because there's just no dialog when characters are kicking ass.

I won't give a fixed release date because I don't see a point in it. If something happens and I need to delay, people will be pissed (I'd be!). And if I'm done before that date I'm not going to sit here and wait for the release to come.
I'll release it as soon as possible.
That said, there is one date that might be important for the release: December 20th.
That's the latest day for a release this year. If something really goes wrong and I can't get it done by then, I'll push the release to next year. Christmas is usually pretty busy for me and I won't release a rushed update when I don't have the time to react to and fix major problems that might come with a rushed release.

But right now it's looking pretty good for a release before December 20th.

Cheers,
Ceolag

View attachment 3093891
Whenever it's released, it will still be an awesome early(or not) Christmas present. Take your time with it. Nothing worse than getting a Christmas present that's filled with coal. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 3075830

Friday... again? I was sure I had at least 2 more days this week until Friday...

Well, the big news got out on Wednesday anyway, so I'll keep this Dev Log short(-ish).
The numbers for this week are:
53 new static renders for a total of 1373
1 new animation for a total of 22
~100 lines in the script file for a total of 3972

I'm at the 2nd to last setting for this chapter and spent yesterday and today messing around with UltraScenery for DAZ.
It's an extremely powerful tool for setting up environments. Powerful also means it's not just hit load & render.
For example one of my test setups caused my 4090 to take 30 seconds for a single Iray iteration.
On a render without characters and a potential count of iterations around 1500.
So yeah... not going to fly :)
But I need to do that because I'll need it for later Chapters anyway. So better start early with it.
I think I have a setting figured out for the actual scene I'm working on, so I can get back to setting up renders next week.
Talking about renders, there won't be any more preview renders from now on to avoid spoilers.
But I have some ideas for teasers or concepts I can show, so you don't need to live without images.
Just make sure to remember that these are not game renders. :)

The first one is attached to this post.
Name of the image is "Honjo." ;)

Cheers,
Ceolag
my boy
Ceolag

is the only man in the world who loves katanas more than I do

me and
Ceolag

we be like fuck your guns bitch Wu-Tang Wu-Tang

Last edited:

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Alright... As I said last week, the next update will be the announcement of the Beta status and it might not be on Friday.
I was right. ;-)

Right now I'm uploading the Beta build for the testers and will send them the link within the next couple of minutes.
I added 110 renders to the game since the last Dev Update and did so on Monday. So you can guess how my weekend was. ;-)
But it enabled me to wrap up everything for the beta build. Things like the Chapter summary and the achievements.

What's left? Testing (of course), some polish here and there, renders for the Gallery, and maybe a few additional lines/renders if I think they're needed.
This weekend I'll be pretty busy with family stuff so it's great to have the Beta build before that.

I don't expect the Beta to come up with a complete showstopper.
My proofreader and I test the game throughout the development so I'd be surprised if something serious comes up. Not completely impossible, though.
Anyways, a December release is highly likely at this point.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_kaija_promo_2k.png

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update:
The Beta test is still running. We found a few minor bugs (as expected) and no major ones yet (also kinda expected). It's mostly polishing the dialog and getting rid of my "weird phrasings" as my proofreader likes to call them. ;-)

We'll run a few more tests within the next few days just to make sure and to give every one of my testers enough time to finish their tests.

I expect to release Chapter 4 mid to end next week if nothing comes up over the weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. To make the wait easier (or worse...) I attached a special render of Kaija. Different angles of that shot will be in her gallery for Chapter 4.

Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 3133431

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update:
The Beta test is still running. We found a few minor bugs (as expected) and no major ones yet (also kinda expected). It's mostly polishing the dialog and getting rid of my "weird phrasings" as my proofreader likes to call them. ;-)

We'll run a few more tests within the next few days just to make sure and to give every one of my testers enough time to finish their tests.

I expect to release Chapter 4 mid to end next week if nothing comes up over the weekend.

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. To make the wait easier (or worse...) I attached a special render of Kaija. Different angles of that shot will be in her gallery for Chapter 4.
God damn it bro I was thinking about saving up my updates until I got to the good stuff with her but if you keep

making special images like these I'm going to have to play the update

that's a bad
Ceolag

bad
Ceolag

now go sit in the corner and think about what you did

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
View attachment 3133431

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update:

Cheers,
Ceolag

I absolutely love that render of Kaija
Thank you for sharing it
There can never be too much Kaija

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
God damn it bro I was thinking about saving up my updates until I got to the good stuff with her but if you keep

making special images like these I'm going to have to play the update

that's a bad
Ceolag

bad
Ceolag

now go sit in the corner and think about what you did
Damn it Ceolag ; now he's all excited and rubbing himself on every table legs and furniture he can find...

Guess who has to clean after all this ?

But truly we can't wait for the update :D

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I have not stopped thinking about sex scenes with Kaija since Ceolag shared that render of her

Kaija makes me so horny

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
View attachment 3133431

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update:

Cheers,
Ceolag

It's good to hear that you're taking the game to steam.
Here's hoping that it becomes a great success for ya.

Kaija (along with Medb) have always been my favorite LIs for this game, but holy...... that special render is smoking hot :love:.

Fingers crossed everything goes without a hitch and Chapter 4 is out next week (if not, it is what it is I guess).

Though one additional thing;
Medb really needs to catch up to other girls :HideThePain:.
Wishing for our elf lady content so that I can do an extra playthrough with her route.

Reactions: Abhai

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hey everyone,

The download links for Chapter 4 are up (see separate post).
Chapter 4 in a nutshell:
1579 static renders (highest number of any chapter to date)
22 animations
4577 lines in the script file
13 new achievements
12 new gallery renders
an additional flashback scene early in Chapter 2
first pieces of The Neverwhere Tales score created by Alexander Nakarada

The menu for the Gallery got reworked. It now fits the look and feel of the main menu (introduced in Chapter 3) better.

On top of that, it also includes the French translation for all existing content.
A huge thanks to Tulrek, who did the translation, for that. I didn't expect him to be that fast, but he did it.
So if you're a French player, please feel free to thank him for the translation. He deserves it!

If you face any bugs, feel free to post them on Discord in the bug-reports channel.

Cheers,
Ceolag

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes