VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Good stories have character development. Tough to pull that off if you're the supreme being to start. (y)
To be fair - and while i love the avn - i really dislike the mc too at the point of 0.3. He's like really really whiny and annoying, his dad supposedly dead or captured and soon to be dead and he makes it all about his hurt feelings and shit.

I get feeling betrayed but behaving this childlike and narcistic in a crisis where his dad's life is in grave danger really made me dislike the mc a lot.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
My top "game whose MC I don't like" spot is reserved for Single Again (which is otherwise actually pretty decent). :)

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Please do not miss the flashback at the beginning of chapter two.
Kaija lovers will LOVE it.
Kaija haters migh have to soften a bit... Or not. :LOL:

Enjoy nontheless.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xeron_Xr

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
To be fair - and while i love the avn - i really dislike the mc too at the point of 0.3. He's like really really whiny and annoying, his dad supposedly dead or captured and soon to be dead and he makes it all about his hurt feelings and shit.

I get feeling betrayed but behaving this childlike and narcistic in a crisis where his dad's life is in grave danger really made me dislike the mc a lot.
I mean, if anything, I'd be even worse.
Fuck Linnae, Fuck Kaija, fuck every single Templar and their "protecting the humanity" bullcrap.

Chapter 1 "friendship" route with Kaija forever solidified Templars in my mind as pieces of shite not worth any respect.
The moment game gives me option to tell them all to stick their swords where the sun doesn't shine, I'll take it with glee, even on a route where I'm keeping Kaija on high relationship level (but no kissing! Love is gone forever).

And I kinda like MC to be honest.
Refreshing to have MC that can take a bit of "you're a bunch of cunts" approach towards people that lied to him most of his life. And I don't think he's ever overstepped so far. He doesn't like Templars, but he's still acting MOSTLY nice during his conversations with them.

0.4 especially.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I mean, if anything, I'd be even worse.
Fuck Linnae, Fuck Kaija, fuck every single Templar and their "protecting the humanity" bullcrap.

Chapter 1 "friendship" route with Kaija forever solidified Templars in my mind as pieces of shite not worth any respect.
The moment game gives me option to tell them all to stick their swords where the sun doesn't shine, I'll take it with glee, even on a route where I'm keeping Kaija on high relationship level (but no kissing! Love is gone forever).

And I kinda like MC to be honest.
Refreshing to have MC that can take a bit of "you're a bunch of cunts" approach towards people that lied to him most of his life. And I don't think he's ever overstepped so far. He doesn't like Templars, but he's still acting MOSTLY nice during his conversations with them.

0.4 especially.
yea he is solid, can tell all of them to fuck off rightfully.... we'll see if he has the balls now that Daddy is back in the picture

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tulrek

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Between work and the oncoming holidays I don't have a lot of time these days, but I wanted to give some quick feedback on Chapter 4. Overall I thought it was very good. I still find the logistics of Neverwhere confusing and the need for the masquerade underdeveloped, but it's role as a crossroads is straightforward enough and the rest of the plot is moving along nicely.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So that's my take. Good work, please keep it up!

tl;dr Strong plot progression, sweet romance moments and good character work, as long as you're willing to roll with the 'secret world' premise and don't mind waiting for the sexy bits.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes