VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes
Apr 29, 2021
Morning everyone :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words.
To answer your questions:
1. I'm thinking about it and chances are pretty good. BUT: It'll be at the end of the game. Epilogue stuff etc. So you won't see a LI running around being pregnant.

I try to balance that. There wasn't even a scene with Fiona or Elea planned for Chapter 4.
Chapter 5 will have even less LI content and Chapter 6 will more or less solely focus on relationship building.
I'll go into more detail about that in one of the Dev Logs towards the end of the year.

I wasn't even aware. I think it's ridiculous that big game companies plan their release dates on the same date when I "spontaneously" decide to release my stuff. Blame them! :ROFLMAO:
(to be honest, I missed the release of pretty much every AAA game in the past 2 years because I don't have the time for them :()

I'm aware that some people will dislike the update just for that. It was the reason why I mentioned it in a Dev Log a few weeks ago.
Chapters 5 and 6 will have lewd content again.

Thanks a lot for that feedback!
And you're right, purple would've been a better fit. But to be honest, I'm kinda surprised someone got that joke. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Ceolag
About the pregnancy tag part appreciate the response, which makes it even more viable to support it on Steam. Apologies if am repeating the question here but you didn't answer the question about the number of chapters/seasons you are planning, as mentioned before also if it is undecided it is completely fine as wouldn't want to pester you about it, but in case it is decided or if you have posted about it on Patreon or any other platform would be quite glad if you could provide the information as that will kinda set the expectation of approximate content more to come.

Thanks for replying Dev; best wishes for ahead:)

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
About the pregnancy tag part appreciate the response, which makes it even more viable to support it on Steam. Apologies if am repeating the question here but you didn't answer the question about the number of chapters/seasons you are planning, as mentioned before also if it is undecided it is completely fine as wouldn't want to pester you about it, but in case it is decided or if you have posted about it on Patreon or any other platform would be quite glad if you could provide the information as that will kinda set the expectation of approximate content more to come.

Because I got sidetracked and forgot to answer... Sorry :)
Book 1 (game 1)will be around 11/12 chapters and will tell the story of the current MC to a certain point.
Book 2 (new game) will have new (and old) characters with a different MC and a different story.

There will be an over-arching story/background connecting the books, so not everything will be resolved in Book 1.

Hope that makes sense. I'm trying to be as precise as possible without spoiling anything. Feel free to ask, if something is still unclear :)

Apr 29, 2021
Because I got sidetracked and forgot to answer... Sorry :)
Book 1 (game 1)will be around 11/12 chapters and will tell the story of the current MC to a certain point.
Book 2 (new game) will have new (and old) characters with a different MC and a different story.

There will be an over-arching story/background connecting the books, so not everything will be resolved in Book 1.

Hope that makes sense. I'm trying to be as precise as possible without spoiling anything. Feel free to ask, if something is still unclear :)
This is very interesting actually. Probably the way this could be pulled off is that some characters from the current book not all though will make their own squad/team near the conclusion of Book 1 and they then with newer characters can start to write off their own story, atleast that is near assumption. Because this idea of crossover of 2 books sometimes produces 2 classic obstacles of managing the limelight on a very big cast and the obstacle of creating a satisfactory conclusion point for book 1 so that it doesn't feel half-baked or rushed going into book 2. Although as a Dev till this point you have done impressively in writing an engaging storyline which does indicate your skills so think you must have thought this thoroughly. Once again have to say you have interesting plans for the story and think that provided the current quality and Dev cycle of new episodes is maintained there are all the reasons why this game will be liked widely.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Ceolag I finished the Kaija path of the update, and it was very enjoyable; Content is chunky, lots of great characterizations and chemistry between the characters. Loved it.

I'm currently going through Medb-solo path, starting the game from beginning again (and max out her relationship points, like I have with Kaija on her Kaija solo path); and got this result with Chapter 2 when Medb got introduced.

Snap 2023-12-09 at 09.01.27.png

Did I miss something regarding her as to choice somewhere in either chapters 1 or 2 (though given her character is greyed out in chapter 1, feels like chapter 2), given I got only 3 points out of total 4 points?

Hmmm..... it says "You didn't get a chance to talk to her"
Makes me wonder if we "do get a chance to talk to her" if certain choices are done right. :unsure:

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ceolag I finished the Kaija path of the update, and it was very enjoyable; Content is chunky, lots of great characterizations and chemistry between the characters. Loved it.

I'm currently going through Medb-solo path, starting the game from beginning again (and max out her relationship points, like I have with Kaija on her Kaija solo path); and got this result with Chapter 2 when Medb got introduced.

View attachment 3155592

Did I miss something regarding her as to choice somewhere in either chapters 1 or 2 (though given her character is greyed out in chapter 1, feels like chapter 2), given I got only 3 points out of total 4 points?

Hmmm..... it says "You didn't get a chance to talk to her"
Makes me wonder if we "do get a chance to talk to her" if certain choices are done right. :unsure:
Unless something has been changed...when she walks away to leave the meeting do you call out to her? If not...that's your missing point.

Reactions: Katie4Ever

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Unless something has been changed...when she walks away to leave the meeting do you call out to her? If not...that's your missing point.
Don't think there is even a dialogue/action option to call out to her presented when she leaves.
Checking, now, and nope, none at all.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But that line makes it seem like there could have been dialogue between them, had some decision made before (somewhere in chapter 2), prior to the Medb meeting.
Here's hoping Ceolag clarifies this.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Maviarab

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Don't think there is even a dialogue/action option to call out to her presented when she leaves.
Checking, now, and nope, none at all.

But that line makes it seem like there could have been dialogue between them, had some decision made before (somewhere in chapter 2), prior to the Medb meeting.
Here's hoping Ceolag clarifies this.
Hmmm curious. Could have swore there was dialogue there originally. That or I'm just going senile in my old age with how many VN's I play. Probably the latter haha.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
On 4 points, she stops for 1-2 lines of dialogue with MC and Bitch, basically just saying she's intrigued or something along those lines.
Wouldn't worry about it too much.

EDIT:
But if you do want 4 points

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tulrek and JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
On 4 points, she stops for 1-2 lines of dialogue with MC and Bitch, basically just saying she's intrigued or something along those lines.
Wouldn't worry about it too much.

EDIT:
But if you do want 4 points
Ohhhhhh........ didn't know that.
I'll try this, thanks!!

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes