VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Is it intended to get the update with the 1 euro sub on patreon already? feels super cheap for this quality avn (y):eek:(y)

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

First post is updated with the links for Chapter 4.

Chapter 4 in a nutshell:
1579 static renders (highest number of any chapter to date)
22 animations
4577 lines in the script file

13 new achievements
12 new gallery renders
an additional flashback scene early in Chapter 2
first pieces of The Neverwhere Tales score created by Alexander Nakarada

The menu for the Gallery got reworked. It now fits the look and feel of the main menu (introduced in Chapter 3) better.

On top of that, it also includes the French translation for all existing content.
A huge thanks to Tulrek, who did the translation, for that. I didn't expect him to be that fast, but he did it.
So if you're a French player, please feel free to thank him for the translation. He deserves it!

If you face any bugs, feel free to post them here or on Discord.

Is it intended to get the update with the 1 euro sub on patreon already? feels super cheap for this quality avn (y):eek:(y)
It is intended. The only reason it's not public is Patreon's rules to not post adult content to the public. Although they don't seem to care if it's a game build, I'm just playing it safe.
That said, Chapter 5 will be paywalled since I'm going to release that on Steam too. And that means I can't give it away for free anymore.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
Hey everyone,

First post is updated with the links for Chapter 4.

Chapter 4 in a nutshell:
1579 static renders (highest number of any chapter to date)
22 animations
4577 lines in the script file

13 new achievements
12 new gallery renders
an additional flashback scene early in Chapter 2
first pieces of The Neverwhere Tales score created by Alexander Nakarada

The menu for the Gallery got reworked. It now fits the look and feel of the main menu (introduced in Chapter 3) better.

On top of that, it also includes the French translation for all existing content.
A huge thanks to Tulrek, who did the translation, for that. I didn't expect him to be that fast, but he did it.
So if you're a French player, please feel free to thank him for the translation. He deserves it!

If you face any bugs, feel free to post them here or on Discord.

It is intended. The only reason it's not public is Patreon's rules to not post adult content to the public. Although they don't seem to care if it's a game build, I'm just playing it safe.
That said, Chapter 5 will be paywalled since I'm going to release that on Steam too. And that means I can't give it away for free anymore.

Cheers,
Ceolag
should I download or save up the update should I download or save up the update

if I save it up until next time I'll have a bigger update than everybody else but
:oops:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [763 MB]
- - -

Mac [749 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
------------------------------------
The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.3.0 -> v0.4.0 [809 MB]
- - -

Universal Compressed: v0.3.0 -> v0.4.0 [209 MB]
- - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
New to you Overview:
The Neverwhere Tales
You grew up on the outskirts of town with parents who were always there for you.
After finishing school, you apply for and get a typical job.
Now, you're working your way up the career ladder and living the corporate life.
That all changes one day when you get a call from your mother.
You will learn that everything you believed to be true was a facade.
You are confronted with a world you have always considered fiction or movie material.
How you deal with this new situation, this new world, who you trust or not... that is up to you.​

:giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag
Apr 29, 2021
Ceolag This is certainly a game that carries a lot of promise, have thoroughly liked how you have paced this genre of urban fantasy, it is interesting to see how MC develops into a considerable force to be reckoned with as in all capacities at the moment he still is pretty much a novice in terms of the strength that is required in the power hierarchy setting of the world created in the game. There a few questions that do wanna ask you in order to get some clarity about how you are approaching the game and think it is better to do that before the planned Steam release in order to understand the game progression better

1. Are you planning to add the tag of pregnancy in any point of the game, maybe near the conclusion or in any suitable time of the story?

2. About the game itself, how many chapters are you assuming it will contain till the conclusion, also is it all going to be in a single book or something like seasons/multiple books like a trilogy? If it is too early to ask this question in this phase of game development kindly excuse it as the main intention is to just know if there is a definite plotline and a planned conclusion you have thought of for the story as from a player's experience knowing that the Dev already has thought of ahead gives the confidence to carry on playing the game with expected quality content.

Apart from that as mentioned above really think it is a nice start along with certain sections of the story that were refreshing to engage with.

Thanks for reading Dev; best wishes for ahead:)

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
good update again! Would be great to have something like alternating releases where one focuses more on plot development like this one, and the next on relationship building. We had way too little Fiona in this one :(

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
I don't dislike the character or the writing, but I feel like overly trained best friend girl who can kick your ass is almost starting to become as over used in these action VNs as MC has big dick and nails the cheerleader, nerd, punk chick, and his sister in all the teen VNs. Like you can say shes exceptionally trained without having to go out of your way to prove it. Its your narrative, we believe you. Proving it over and over is just beating a dead horse. Especially weird if you actively choose to be on the outs with her and you still have to go through the drag of training with her.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
I don't dislike the character or the writing, but I feel like overly trained best friend girl who can kick your ass is almost starting to become as over used in these action VNs as MC has big dick and nails the cheerleader, nerd, punk chick, and his sister in all the teen VNs. Like you can say shes exceptionally trained without having to go out of your way to prove it. Its your narrative, we believe you. Proving it over and over is just beating a dead horse. Especially weird if you actively choose to be on the outs with her and you still have to go through the drag of training with her.
It's important. Reinforces the feeling that I'm banging the prom queen (or equivalent). ;)

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Releasing on the same day as Rogue Trader. Come on man, why you have to be like that?
I missed playing this today because I was stuck there and didn't check F95.

And now I need to go to sleep because work in the morning. Rude.
P.S. Sleep is overrated anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Ceolag

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I really want to love this game but goddamn the MC is so fucking boring, I haven't played since 0.2 has he grown any type of backbone? Or done anything beside being a bystander who is useless in 99% of situations? Like fuck I really want to like it but I have never felt more useless as a single character in any AVN
not everyone is born a superhero bro, in fact most of us are not... that being said, if you play the game and pay attention, it's pretty clear that he is not just an ordinary person, and over time he will achieve big things... it just takes time. We're still in 0.4

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
not everyone is born a superhero bro, in fact most of us are not... that being said, if you play the game and pay attention, it's pretty clear that he is not just an ordinary person, and over time he will achieve big things... it just takes time. We're still in 0.4
Good stories have character development. Tough to pull that off if you're the supreme being to start. (y)

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes