VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
First game: The Neverwhere Tales Book 1-3
Second game: The Neverwhere Tales Book 4+ (I expect it to be roughly the same as the 1st game, but it's too early to say for sure.)

The second game will have another MC and different LIs (That's the main reason why it'll be a new game).

Hope that clears things up :)
What does book mean if I may ask in chapter-wise? Are we coming to an end for any book? :unsure:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Second game: The Neverwhere Tales Book 4+ (I expect it to be roughly the same as the 1st game, but it's too early to say for sure.)

The second game will have another MC and different LIs (That's the main reason why it'll be a new game).

It's hard to answer an unspecific question that relies on personal preferences on top of that.
Whatever 10 events mean, it's pretty safe to say that this is not the case at the moment. Mainly because the development isn't far enough to even have that many "events" and secondly because most of the girls don't even have a lewd scene yet.

When does it happen in the future? When it feels right. I can't be any more specific.
10 events in the sense of 10 dates (per girl) are unlikely because that'll just drag out the main story.
Thanks for the info it does clear things up

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
What does book mean if I may ask in chapter-wise? Are we coming to an end for any book? :unsure:
I personally think it will be like The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Each book had a certain amount of chapters. The amount of chapters depended on the story itself. Each book had a different amount of chapters. Plus, some chapters were shorter than others. It all depends on the story itself. Just my thoughts.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021

It's hard to answer an unspecific question that relies on personal preferences on top of that.
Whatever 10 events mean, it's pretty safe to say that this is not the case at the moment. Mainly because the development isn't far enough to even have that many "events" and secondly because most of the girls don't even have a lewd scene yet.

When does it happen in the future? When it feels right. I can't be any more specific.
10 events in the sense of 10 dates (per girl) are unlikely because that'll just drag out the main story.
You indirectly answered my question
The game that has had 5 thousand dialogues so far, but has not had sex scenes with most of its girls, means that the MC and the girls have met a lot (event), but sex has not happened.
This means that the relationships in this game are not superficial and fast and boring, the relationships in this game are deep, high tension and attractive
this is great, I just had this question, I had checked the other aspects of the game through renderings and comments, they were great, I will play this game, thank you

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tulrek

Falbala123

Oct 16, 2018
Enjoying myself on this one, pretty good as people were saying.
Sometimes the writing's a bit off though, or not that engaging. Dunno how to say that. Maybe it lacks some fluidity.

Rooting for my girl Fiona anyway (without really paying attention I got max points only on her ahah), but she's really nice and I do like how she's written and her interactions with MC.
Also, if I may ask,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Cforcer

Jan 26, 2019
I loved the first part... From the beginning it felt like any other, but later became interesting... so I'd love to play next part... thank you... :p

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag and Tulrek

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview12.png

Hey everyone,

It's Friday and it's time to say goodbye.
Goodbye to preview renders of Kaija since that one is the last until the release of CH4. ;-)
Of course, there will be preview renders in future dev updates, just not with Kaija.

Why am I telling you that? Because that means, I'm roughly at 50% done with the Chapter.
The development speed is as expected before starting the work, so you can say I'm on track.

The week in general has been pretty productive given that it's the start of the month (the busiest time on my full-time job including overtime) and I caught a bit of a cold (but nothing serious).

I got 88 renders done this week, which brings the total to 645
~170 more lines in the script file for a total of 1734 lines.

And I did my next internal testing build and ran a few tests through it.

The first half of this chapter takes place in Neverwhere for most of the time.
While working on the scenes and playing through them there was one thing I was unhappy about: the music.
While I did find some cool songs for the place, nothing really fits what I have in mind.
So I decided to reach out to the guy from whom most of the music in TNT is: Alexander Nakarada.

I'm really happy we came to an agreement and he's helping me out with a few new pieces specifically for Neverwhere.

It'll be quite a financial investment (because I have several pieces in mind) that'll eat up every single buck I made on Patreon to date and some more investment by me.
But I think it'll be worth it.

So a huge thanks to all actual and former patrons for supporting me. Without all of you that wouldn't have been possible.

More details on that topic later down the road when we got into work.

Well, yes. Chapter 4 is the end of Book 1. ;)

That's it for now.
Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
View attachment 2914866

Hey everyone,

It's Friday and it's time to say goodbye.
Goodbye to preview renders of Kaija since that one is the last until the release of CH4. ;-)
Of course, there will be preview renders in future dev updates, just not with Kaija.

Why am I telling you that? Because that means, I'm roughly at 50% done with the Chapter.
The development speed is as expected before starting the work, so you can say I'm on track.

The week in general has been pretty productive given that it's the start of the month (the busiest time on my full-time job including overtime) and I caught a bit of a cold (but nothing serious).

I got 88 renders done this week, which brings the total to 645
~170 more lines in the script file for a total of 1734 lines.

And I did my next internal testing build and ran a few tests through it.

The first half of this chapter takes place in Neverwhere for most of the time.
While working on the scenes and playing through them there was one thing I was unhappy about: the music.
While I did find some cool songs for the place, nothing really fits what I have in mind.
So I decided to reach out to the guy from whom most of the music in TNT is: Alexander Nakarada.

I'm really happy we came to an agreement and he's helping me out with a few new pieces specifically for Neverwhere.

It'll be quite a financial investment (because I have several pieces in mind) that'll eat up every single buck I made on Patreon to date and some more investment by me.
But I think it'll be worth it.

So a huge thanks to all actual and former patrons for supporting me. Without all of you that wouldn't have been possible.

More details on that topic later down the road when we got into work.

Well, yes. Chapter 4 is the end of Book 1. ;)

That's it for now.

Cheers,
Ceolag
DUDE dont panic me like that lol

• Haha
Reactions: ntohugo and Ceolag

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview13.png

System Sol, Earth, Northern Hemisphere, Friday, time for a Dev Update.

Another busy week lies behind me. Lots of family stuff that kept me occupied, but that will end tomorrow and we (thankfully) will have our house back after having family here for more than a month now. About time. ;-)

The progress on the game was still acceptable despite the... distractions.
I got 56 static renders done and 180 more lines in the script file.
Additionally, it's time for a few more animations now. 2 more this week, to be precise.

That brings the total numbers to:
701 static renders
14 animations
1912 lines in the script file

Next week will be mostly animation work.
I have a pretty specific vision of the scene I'm working on and it contains several animations (no, not lewd you dirty minds).
And again, it's something I never did before. So I'm watching YouTube videos frame by frame (fun!) and animate based on them.

I'm as curious as you about how the result will look. :-D

What I wanted to say: Don't expect a high number of new renders next week, I'll be busy bending virtual fingertips and toes...

Speaking of progress, I checked how much is left to do for Chapter 4 and came up with 6-7 scenes (depending on whether I do a scene with a side girl in this Chapter, or not). I'm working on scene 10 now.
My plan was to release Chapter 4 (the end of Book 1) this year and right now it looks like that's doable.
Mind you, that's not a promise or release date. But it looks pretty good at the moment.

That's it for now.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I know that this game will not have the "dreaded" I word. But can we have more scenes of the sister in stages of undress? Like more shower scenes where she's on the phone? She's got to be one of the best ones I've seen on a game in a while. It was a bit blurry at the end, and I'd like to see more of her. Like I say, I get the MC and her will never hook up. But what the MC doesn't see, but we do, isn't the same thing. LoL

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I know that this game will not have the "dreaded" I word. But can we have more scenes of the sister in stages of undress? Like more shower scenes where she's on the phone? She's got to be one of the best ones I've seen on a game in a while. It was a bit blurry at the end, and I'd like to see more of her. Like I say, I get the MC and her will never hook up. But what the MC doesn't see, but we do, isn't the same thing. LoL
It'd be cool if the dev ever used her as an LI for a future project

Reactions: Talmadge

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I'm liking the game. Just one thing that bugs me. I'm playing it to where the MC will take some time to forgive Kaija. But they hug and all even though I've tried to not have them be intimate with each other for the time being. If you're mad at someone, you don't hug them in greeting. Even if they are going to train you to fight, like where I'm at right now. Just an observation. Other than that, pretty good game. Keep up the great work, Mr. or Ms. Dev!

Reactions: Andrew Rider

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm liking the game. Just one thing that bugs me. I'm playing it to where the MC will take some time to forgive Kaija. But they hug and all even though I've tried to not have them be intimate with each other for the time being. If you're mad at someone, you don't hug them in greeting. Even if they are going to train you to fight, like where I'm at right now. Just an observation. Other than that, pretty good game. Keep up the great work, Mr. or Ms. Dev!
You must have done something wrong. In my playthroughs where she dead to me, never hugged her once.

Reactions: Katie4Ever

BurgRoyce

Jul 17, 2022
I suppose that's the intermediate path where you aren't sure about her, as you mentioned "the MC will take some time to forgive Kaija". If you don't close the door to her, hugs are allowed, i guess.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview14.png

Hello everyone,

The weekend is almost here, so it's time for another Dev Update.
As mentioned last week I was mostly busy with posing animations.
I finished the work on the animations although I cut them a bit. Initially, I wanted to do more of them, but around halfway through I decided that the effort was too high and it was taking too much time.
These animations aren't critical for the story and, as already mentioned, aren't lewd, so I cut them a bit.
If I had followed my original plan, I would have been busy with posing animations the whole of next week.
I'm still pretty happy with the result, though.

Additionally, I got a few more static renders done (33 to be precise) and started coding everything in.

The PC will be busy rendering the animations for most of the weekend and next week will be back to posing static renders and finish coding all the animation stuff from this week.

The numbers as of now are:
734 static renders (+33)
21 animations (+7)
2059 lines in the script file (+147)

I already got quite a bit of complaints about that shower scene.
Talking about different opinions, huh? :ROFLMAO:
Right now, I have no plans for more, but that can change. If I feel like adding more of that, I'll do it.
I'm not forcing it just for the sake of it, though.

Btw: The blur was fully intentional. ;)

It'd be cool if the dev ever used her as an LI for a future project
Well, I do have plans for her, but it's not gonna happen anytime soon. :sneaky:

To have her train you, you need pretty high points with her.
So when writing that part I assumed you've already forgiven her.
But you're right, it shouldn't be forced here for those who want to take more time.
Since I'm having a similar scene in Chapter 4, I'll use your feedback right there and make everything optional.
And I might go back and make the hug optional.

Thanks a lot for your opinion here.

That's it for today.
Have a nice weekend,
Ceolag

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
The PC will be busy rendering the animations for most of the weekend and next week will be back to posing static renders and finish coding all the animation stuff from this week.
Hi Ceolag,
Great to see continuous progress on one of my favotite stories.
However, I'm noticing a disturbing trend, which the absence of my lovely Elea in the previews... :sneaky:
Yes, yes, I know you favor the redheads, but that blonde in particular is just as I dream about them. I'm sure you don't want to feel responsible for an excessive rise in my anxiety... Just saying... :p
Keep up the great work!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag
4.40 star(s) 38 Votes