VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Also, just you guys wait until we get a sweet date with Kaija.
Because I think we will in the future

My mc will come to realize she is the woman for him
Heck, he might even ask her to marry him near the end of the game.

Oct 10, 2022
I don't know any of you, but I'm rooting for Joshy. :p
Sounds to me like a man with a vision!
Don't root for him, he is one backstab away from losing everything.:devilish:
Don't tell Joshy I said this but he is one of the nicest around here. ;)

I was gonna say it was just an "unlikable" comment... until Ceolag ROFL'd it. :mad:
And I just noticed Ceolag skipped through all of mine. :(

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
yeah i will never never forgive her, the fact that they are childhood friends just makes it even worst
you work for some secret organization that thinks they know whats best for everyone and one of your superiors just tell you to go play house whit your old friend to keep tabs on him and you just okey whit it whitout regards of how it will inpact MC , there is a word for ppl that sleep whit ppl for money (as a job)
if she is in love whit mc before or after she say okey to spy on him dossent mather

as for mom, i can understand to some extent wanting to keep your kid clueless to protect them, but damm it, don't let them fall in love whit someone you know is only whit them as a job, let that kid go off and live life somewhere ells whit out your controlling them in the background
so yeah f*ck her too

Last edited:
Reactions: rdmsvg

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview6.png

Hello everyone,

another week has passed.
I've been working on the combat scene the whole week and will probably do so for the next week too.
I got to the point where I had to add the remaining 8.1 character... and ended up with a black render, again.
So more optimization, yay.
But honestly, it was still less than I imagined before I started work on the scene.

The progress on the scene and writing is decent considering scenes like that need quite a lot of re-posing of the characters.
I'm pretty confident that I'll finish the work on this scene within the next week and move on to the next one.
That one will be a bit easier to set up.

The numbers for this week:
50 new static renders
3 new animations
200 additional lines in the script file

Have a nice weekend and stay safe, guys.
Cheers,
Ceolag

Jan 20, 2022
View attachment 2825986

Hello everyone,

another week has passed.
I've been working on the combat scene the whole week and will probably do so for the next week too.
I got to the point where I had to add the remaining 8.1 character... and ended up with a black render, again.
So more optimization, yay.
But honestly, it was still less than I imagined before I started work on the scene.

The progress on the scene and writing is decent considering scenes like that need quite a lot of re-posing of the characters.
I'm pretty confident that I'll finish the work on this scene within the next week and move on to the next one.
That one will be a bit easier to set up.

The numbers for this week:
50 new static renders
3 new animations
200 additional lines in the script file

Have a nice weekend and stay safe, guys.
Cheers,
Ceolag
Thank you for the update on the progress of TNWT. BTW, what is the ETA of the release date? Appreciate and love your work!!

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Awesome game! I love the modern-world setup with entrances to a completly different world/dimension and in contrast to other replies here i really liked the transition from customer service (lol) office work to the fantasy aspect.

Its not at all wasted time as some other guys here try to imply, it sets a baseground and makes the game more immersive as its showing that there is still a real world and normal people and not just the fantasy setup. It really worked for me and it is kinda unique in avn's.

All of the LI's or sidechicks looks ranged from good looking to gorgeous (which is rare for me) and behaved different from each other.

Furthermore i like that it isnt a harem game, im not against harem games (eternum is my fav ..) but not every game has to be a harem game and it helps to make the story and LI's more real. For example the part with elea where you have to / can tell her about your relationship status.

And i think Kaija gets WAAAAAY to much hate here. Im convinced with roles reserved aka we (the guy) being a templar for years while and keeping her safe and our profession a secret while falling in love with her would be considered fine behavior.
And even more when its her own father (who's the grandmaster) who asks you to do so to protect her and keep her safe and to NOT tell her anything about it. Was she even an adult when she got the assignment?

Like it isnt really a big deal, she didnt spied on him with sinister or ulterior motives, her assignment was to keep a close friend of her safe and his father whose her boss asked her to do this. And while doing this she did fall in love with him which made the assigntment kinda moot as it goes along with her own interesst anyway. And she told him that she has a top-secret job.

Imo it was the father's responsibilty to tell his son about all this, esp when he's possibly in danger due to it.

My only and kinda nitpicky cons for the game so far are the mc's behavior (and face but whatever). Considering my opinion above he was just a bit too much of a dramaqueen (for the wrong reasons) for me.

A few examples:

He gets picked up by a driver and his mom tells him that his dad is kidnapped and he's in danger. On the road he gets ambushed by a fucking paramilitary merc company which kills his driver and attacks with automatic weapons in the middle of the city.
Afterwards his girlfriends rescues him ninja-style and kills about 8-15 people and the mc has the choice to kill the leader himself.
And after all of this he kinda has a mental breakdown but not because of the mentioned reasons, no instead his big qualm is that his gf is a part of the organisation of his father. And he's so pissed? confused? about it that he wants to leave the guarded house just (a few hours?) after he barely surivved the attack (and hes a customer service guy mind you).

I cant get this. His father is in very grave danger, the mc barely escaped alive and only because his gf is like daredevil but he only thinks about the "betrayal" of his gf like its the only unusual thing which happened. It gets WAY to much attention in his mind (and the story) compared to all the SUPER FREAKY shit happening around him. Makes him look very self-centered and like a diva.

Like dude, your father (whom you supposedly love) is maybe dead, isnt that more imporant?

Similar his interruption in the council meeting with the elven mage. Everyone tells him to shut up and he doesnt, which is fine as he should contribute something meaningful. Instead he throws a short tantrum at the guys leading an organization which exist since centuries how they should disband this organizion for the sake of his father immediatly. Made him just seem imature and kinda stupid.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ename144 and Ceolag
Oct 10, 2022
And i think Kaija gets WAAAAAY to much hate here. Im convinced with roles reserved aka we (the guy) being a templar for years while and keeping her safe and our profession a secret while falling in love with her would be considered fine behavior.
This is repeated many times but main issue was not that she hided a secret organization from MC, it was toying with him and his feelings. Jeopardizing their friendship, using him and his love for her then not even being sorry for what she did. Both, evil Kaija and love paths, started they were friends and templars asked her to be close with him and she chose to be his lover to be close to him out of convenience. You are wrong, if Kaija was a guy he would be on a stake after revelation, people are going easy on Kaija because she is hot.

Like it isnt really a big deal, she didnt spied on him with sinister or ulterior motives, her assignment was to keep a close friend of her safe and his father whose her boss asked her to do this. And while doing this she did fall in love with him which made the assigntment kinda moot as it goes along with her own interesst anyway. And she told him that she has a top-secret job.
Either you did not understand or you are being oblivious on purpose. She used him, manipulated his emotions and she is not even sorry for it. Being lover with MC was not even her assignment she did it because it was easier. What you are saying is like Kaija cheated on MC times and times again years long then she quits because she notice he is a good person. Now you are saying she is not wrong because she stopped it. o_O:rolleyes:

She is an evil in her so-called friendship path and maniulative bitch in her love path.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
This is repeated many times but main issue was not that she hided a secret organization from MC, it was toying with him and his feelings. Jeopardizing their friendship, using him and his love for her then not even being sorry for what she did. Both, evil Kaija and love paths, started they were friends and templars asked her to be close with him and she chose to be his lover to be close to him out of convenience. You are wrong, if Kaija was a guy he would be on a stake after revelation, people are going easy on Kaija because she is hot.

Either you did not understand or you are being oblivious on purpose. She used him, manipulated his emotions and she is not even sorry for it. Being lover with MC was not even her assignment she did it because it was easier. What you are saying is like Kaija cheated on MC times and times again years long then she quits because she notice he is a good person. Now you are saying she is not wrong because she stopped it. o_O:rolleyes:

She is an evil in her so-called friendship path and maniulative bitch in her love path.
You're confused, they were close anyway and the Templars asked her to get in a relationship with him and she refused the "order" but it happened anyway but in a natural way (at least in the love path). Your talking complete bullshit comparing it with cheating. She didnt harmed the mc (the opposite, her assignment was to keep him safe).

I feel like your mixing her love-path and not love-path behavior/reasons (which is odd that it even exists imo).

There was obviously a mutual attraction between the two of them when they got together (as it was not nessecary on her part and its not like she faked the relationship and slept with other guys in the meantime or something like that).

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2022
You're confused, they were close anyway and the Templars asked her to get in a relationship with him and she refused the "order" but it happened anyway but in a natural way (at least in the love path). Your talking complete bullshit comparing it with cheating. She didnt harmed the mc (the opposite, her assignment was to keep him safe).

I feel like your mixing her love-path and not love-path behavior/reasons (which is odd that it even exists imo).

There was obviously a mutual attraction between the two of them when they got together (as it was not nessecary on her part and its not like she faked the relationship and slept with other guys in the meantime or something like that).
I don't think there is a sane person who would defend her in her friendship path. Except Joshy, hey Joshy92 . Her love path starts same as friendship path and she develops feelings along the way. Lying to MC, toying with his feelings is all there for the both paths. Cheating is not always sleeping with others. Lying and misleading is also part of it and I do not mix anything. She fakes it in the beginning then develops feelings afterwards, not fucking others is not a redeeming quality and we don't even sure of it. (Though highly unlikely with limited time she had.) She did not refuse any order, Grand Master who is MC's father stops them. You dare to say what I said was bullshit while you were claiming she did not harm MC. He will suffer from emotional trauma throughout his life, no harm is done, right?

P.S. All the screenshots are from love path. Also all of them was already taken before, if we dig I am pretty sure we will find more.

According to merriam-webster
cheat (verb) : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Joshy92

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview8.png

Hey everyone,

And another week went by in what felt like 3 days...

It has been a pretty productive week and I made good progress on the combat scene I was working on. Or better said, I'm done posing and coding it.
It's about time because when the PC renders this scene, I can't do shit besides it.
It uses pretty much all of my VRAM. I open Photoshop (to do some post fixes on the finished renders) while it renders - boom crash because it runs out of VRAM.
Other things are pretty impossible too, because DAZ also uses over 50gig of normal RAM for that scene.
The PC will be busy rendering the remaining static renders and animations for the whole weekend.
After that, my workflow hopefully gets a bit easier again.

After the last render of that scene was posed I took a short "break" and set up 2 renders that won't be part of the game. Because sometimes you just need to get your mind off and do something that's fun.

The numbers for the real "work" this week:
58 new static renders for a total of 350
4 new animations for a total of 12
~200 lines of code for a total of 994

Thank you for the update on the progress of TNWT. BTW, what is the ETA of the release date? Appreciate and love your work!!
I don't have set release dates. I'll just paint myself into a corner if I do. And since I work on the game beside full-time job and family it's impossible to say for sure. The amount of content will be roughly the same as Chapters 2 and 3.
So the answer to that is "It's done when it's done." ;-)
I know it sucks as a player. But missing release dates sucks even more, in my opinion.

P.S. All the screenshots are from love path. Also all of them was already taken before, if we dig I am pretty sure we will find more.

According to merriam-webster
cheat (verb) : to influence or lead by deceit, trick, or artifice

The last 2 images are definitely not Love Path. Not arguing, just saying. ;)

I hope you guys have a nice weekend.
I'll enjoy my 30+ °C inside and outside of the house ;-)

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. Attached is an additional preview image and 2 non-game renders I did this week.
ch4_preview7.png ch4_promo_fiona_1_2k.png ch4_promo_fiona_2_2k.png

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes