VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
UK? It seems the government there gets really pissy about private citizens having any means of self-defense, including swords.

I know of many folks over that way that are in the game. Paul MacDonald, of MacDonald Armouries, is the guy that made the Montoya (one of a few that have done so). Were they teaching single stick or actually using epees or rebated sabers? There are HEMA and reenactment groups all over Europe if you want to really "go Medieval" (or "go Migration" or even further back).
NO, Portugal. We have stricter laws in that respect. Even on conventions, no metal swords, either plastic or soft wood. On medieval fairs, the swords are never sharpened or possible to be sharpened. Some of them are coated plastic. There are true versions, but, they aren't available at fairs, only on specialized sellers and really regulated. This applies even to daggers and knives above a certain size, don't remember at the moment.
You can't even carry them in your car without a special license. It's rare that you'll be stopped and searched, but, if you have an accident and the Police finds it, you are in BIG trouble. Almost as bad as a firearm.
I don't really mind it. I feel safer if they are not common or easy to get.

About what they were teaching, mind you it was a LONG time ago, it was a metal thing with a small ball at the point, it was very thin and flexible. But, the teacher and a few of the advanced students used real life Sabers. The ones that they carried in their Gala Uniforms. It wasn't ONLY a show weapon, they were real and sharp enough to shave with it. I don't know how it is today, I am very far from anything Army related.

Peace :)

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
NO, Portugal. We have stricter laws in that respect. Even on conventions, no metal swords, either plastic or soft wood. On medieval fairs, the swords are never sharpened or possible to be sharpened. Some of them are coated plastic. There are true versions, but, they aren't available at fairs, only on specialized sellers and really regulated. This applies even to daggers and knives above a certain size, don't remember at the moment.
You can't even carry them in your car without a special license. It's rare that you'll be stopped and searched, but, if you have an accident and the Police finds it, you are in BIG trouble. Almost as bad as a firearm.
I don't really mind it. I feel safer if they are not common or easy to get.

About what they were teaching, mind you it was a LONG time ago, it was a metal thing with a small ball at the point, it was very thin and flexible. But, the teacher and a few of the advanced students used real life Sabers. The ones that they carried in their Gala Uniforms. It wasn't ONLY a show weapon, they were real and sharp enough to shave with it. I don't know how it is today, I am very far from anything Army related.

They used a foil, then. Probably something akin to these. The "professional" versions can have some very complex grips. If you see a match in the Olympics, you'll notice them. Those are actually molded to the hand of the fencer at that level.
foilsmaskslg.jpg

• Love
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
They used a foil, then. Probably something akin to these. The "professional" versions can have some very complex grips. If you see a match in the Olympics, you'll notice them. Those are actually molded to the hand of the fencer at that level.
View attachment 2755271
Yes, very similar, except the ball was smaller and the handle was black wood, the masks were of a tighter knit, probably because the balls were smaller, I dunno... or maybe I'm misremembering, it was over 40 years ago.

So, these are called foils. Thanks.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview2.png

Hello everyone,

This week's numbers are a little smaller than last week, but I also had to build 2 new environments.
That usually takes a while until I have set up the lighting, render settings, background details, etc.
Overall the progress is still pretty good (for me) although early development numbers never feel exciting.
I'm nearly done with the easy parts of Neverwhere and will finish that throughout the weekend (most likely).

After that I'll start working on the complex scene I mentioned last week.
It'll be the first fighting scene since the end of Chapter 1 and it'll be more than that in every regard.
Longer, more characters involved, more of everything.
I'm looking forward to working on that scene for quite a while now because it'll be a challenge. For me and the GPU.

We'll see how that goes next week

To wrap up this update, the numbers for this week:
61 static renders for a total of 140
1 additional animation for a total of 3
~130 lines of code for a total of 390

Have a nice weekend.
Cheers,
Ceolag

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
Morning,

At this point, it's possible to promise Fiona AND Anissa to meet them. Or neither.

So that choice serves two purposes (mainly):
1. to show that there's an alternative path. Or two if you have neither Fiona nor Anissa.
2. Make you decide if you accepted both "dates"

Granted, especially the Anissa path makes less sense since it's just a few minutes ago but who am I to judge stupid decisions :p
how do you even get the anissa interaction im on my second playthrough and i still have not talked with someone with that name

Edit:nevermind found her :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: Tulrek

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview3.jpg

Hello everyone,

This week's update will be pretty short since there's nothing "exciting" to speak about.
It's been a pretty standard week overall. I made some good progress on the scenes I'm working on although they got a bit bigger than expected because I came up with a few more ideas for some details/background.

I finished 60 static renders, 1 animation this week, and the coding for the scene.
I also started picking the music for the first scenes

Overall we're at 200 static renders, 4 animations, and ~550 lines in the script file.

Next week will be pretty busy with personal stuff. I hope I can find enough time to keep up my progress. As usual, every spare minute besides my day job and family goes into developing the game.

That's it for now.
Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. lewd preview for Joshy92 :ROFLMAO:
ch4_preview4.jpg

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
View attachment 2789272

Hello everyone,

This week's update will be pretty short since there's nothing "exciting" to speak about.
It's been a pretty standard week overall. I made some good progress on the scenes I'm working on although they got a bit bigger than expected because I came up with a few more ideas for some details/background.

I finished 60 static renders, 1 animation this week, and the coding for the scene.
I also started picking the music for the first scenes

Overall we're at 200 static renders, 4 animations, and ~550 lines in the script file.

Next week will be pretty busy with personal stuff. I hope I can find enough time to keep up my progress. As usual, every spare minute besides my day job and family goes into developing the game.

That's it for now.
Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

P.S. lewd preview for Joshy92 :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 2789359
We need a new set of clothes. Not.. whatever tf we were forced into. :ROFLMAO:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview5.png

Hey everyone,

It's Friday, again. Time for the weekly update.
As I mentioned last week, this week has been pretty busy with stuff not related to the game.
Some personal things, some more job-related.
This limited my time available for the development a bit more than usual.
Considering these circumstances the progress was still pretty good.

I got my first test build for Chapter 4 up and running. The purpose of these minor builds is to get an early feeling of the flow of the scenes, the dialog, and so on.
And it helps with finding bugs early because I don't have to wait for a beta version.
These versions are usually pretty close to the final version. That means there's all dialog, all images, all music. Up to a certain point, of course.

Additionally, I (finally) started working on the more complex scene I was talking about in the past.
One of the first test renders turned out black (means: it exceeded the VRAM of the graphics card) as expected.
To give you an idea: Right now it consists of 3 Genesis 8.1 characters, 4 Genesis 8 characters, 8 Genesis 3 characters, and several instances of them. The environment and its textures on top.
I still need to fit in an additional 8.1 character for the final version and probably a few more Genesis 3.
Overall, it went a bit better than expected so I'm pretty positive I can pull off what I had in mind for that scene.

On top of all of that, I still managed to do 42 new static renders and 1 more animation this week.
I usually try to get 50+ renders done per week although that highly depends on the scenes I'm working on (a combat scene needs way more pose adjustments and setups than a chat between 2 characters, for example).

That's it for today.
Have a nice weekend and stay safe out there.

Cheers,
Ceolag

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
Just wanted to say hi,

Story kinda started slow but gained traction, and i love stories like these fantasy/sci-fi/cyberpunk and this AVN has it all.
Still couldn't click with any of the LIs hoping there'll be good character developments.

Keep Up the Good Work Man!

P.S. i wanna bang that elf :ROFLMAO:

uhboy

Jul 25, 2021
hmm interesting game, i was happy at the start when it looked like we could tell the ppl that lied to us to fuck off
and you kind of can but you are still forced to spend most time whit the biggest bitch..
hope we get the option later to end it for real whit her

and a side note the multi mod makes you miss some scenes whit some girls even when you use the "see all" so best to save and try the different routes, maybe it saves the points but still

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes