VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
It was under love path screen shots but apparently I made a mistake. :oops:
Btw, don't get me wrong I really like Kaija as a character and I think she is written to perfection but I get irritated when people say she did not do any wrong or something like that.:giggle:

Thats the reason i stopped replying to you, youre obviously biased and seemingly the same dramaqueen like the mc. Your pics are either not from the love path or completly out of context and evading the bits inbetween were she confesses her love and so on. And i never said she did nothing wrong, i said the hate she gets is WAY too much (on the love path).

But whatever, you do you

Oct 10, 2022
Thats the reason i stopped replying to you, youre obviously biased and seemingly the same dramaqueen like the mc. Your pics are either not from the love path or completly out of context and evading the bits inbetween were she confesses her love and so on. And i never said she did nothing wrong, i said the hate she gets is WAY too much (on the love path).

But whatever, you do you
Cool, no worries.(y)

Reactions: Krytax123

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Some people prefer to know the proper way to say something, rather than being uncaring, inconsiderate louts. Is there really a problem with that?
Nop, not at all.
English is not my mother language.
I just didn't want to miss a second meaning.

No trouble at all M8. :)

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Hello guys, which option is correct about the girls/milfs in this game?

Very slow burn (very high resistance)
Slow burn (high resistance)
Average
fast burn (low resistance)
very fast born (very low resistance)

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

It's been a while. Or better: I missed posting the update for last week here.
The reason was a lightning strike, which took out our internet and parts of the electric systems of our house.
My internet access was limited to a Hotspot through my mobile phone (with limited bandwidth).
After that, I was a week on vacation (that shit always happens right before you leave for vacation...) but now I'm back.
At home and connected to the rest of the world. ;)

So in short the progress of the week before the vacation:
I got 92 static renders done that week and also got some more coding done which resulted in ~300 more lines of code.
The total numbers for now are:
442 static renders
12 animations
1290 lines of code

I'm back from vacation and the next week will be back to business as usual.
Outside of the organizing needed for the remaining repairs.

The little time I had this week for the game went into creating a new character.
I already have plans for the next game (the first game will be Books 1-3) that'll take place in the same world (obviously).
The main story arc is already in my head and I create characters for it when I'm struck by inspiration. And I put them into Books 1-3 as "cameos" or small roles as they fit in.
Including this week's character, there are already 3 characters from Book 4 and later (the next game) with appearances in Book 1.

I won't tell who the other 2 are, tho.

But for this week, let me introduce:
Nightingale, bounty hunter, at your service. If you can pay the price, of course.

BH_intro2_2k.png
BH_intro1_2k.png BH_intro3_2k.png

It was under love path screen shots but apparently I made a mistake. :oops:
Btw, don't get me wrong I really like Kaija as a character and I think she is written to perfection but I get irritated when people say she did not do any wrong or something like that.:giggle:

Don't worry, I won't be mad even if some people hate her. As a "writer", you want your audience to feel something about your characters. If it's love, hate, sympathy, or whatever, is secondary. If nobody feels anything, it just means the character is bland.
And somehow I managed to have love and hate on the same character. I'm not going to complain about that. :ROFLMAO:

so is ceolag pronounced SEE-olag or CHEE-olag? or perhaps even KAY-olag
And it only took us 46 pages to get to the really important things.:KEK:
I pronounce it close to KAY-olag. Pretty much all English-speaking guys I met pronounce it like SEE-olag.
I'm fine with both. ;)

Hello guys, which option is correct about the girls/milfs in this game?

Very slow burn (very high resistance)
Slow burn (high resistance)
Average
fast burn (low resistance)
very fast born (very low resistance)
Impossible to answer as long as we don't have a reference to what "fast" and "slow" are.
Compared to Summer's Gone with its 30something chapters all of my characters are probably "fast burns".

Have a nice rest of the weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

MOAR Cowbell

Apr 20, 2018
And it only took us 46 pages to get to the really important things.:KEK:
I pronounce it close to KAY-olag. Pretty much all English-speaking guys I met pronounce it like SEE-olag.
I'm fine with both. ;)
Well now I feel dumb I've been pronouncing it in my head as C.E.O-lag (As you would say the letters individually as you would say the owner of a company the C.E.O) Well I'm a take a big fat L here :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch4_preview9.png

Hey everyone,

Back to the Friday schedule.
This week has been a pretty good one. Even if I have achieved virtually nothing regarding the broken electric systems of our house I was able to make some nice progress with the development of the game, at least.
I got the next internal test build done and tested. It may need a tweak here or there but overall I'm pretty happy with the result.
Nightingale has her first appearance in this build and the (small) scene has pretty much written itself. Funny, how you sometimes struggle to even start writing dialog for something, and sometimes you're done within half an hour.

As promised, this update will have numbers for renders and script lines, again.
I got 115 renders done this week for a total of (where's my damn calculator...): 557
~270 script lines were added for a total of 1560 lines
The animation count stays the same at 12

I wanted to use this week to catch up a bit and I think I did, considering I also spent a substantial amount of time on the test build.

And since there were no preview images in the last 2 Dev Updates, you'll get 3 this time ;-)
ch4_preview10.png
ch4_preview11.png

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag

Jan 20, 2022
View attachment 2895738

Hey everyone,

Back to the Friday schedule.
This week has been a pretty good one. Even if I have achieved virtually nothing regarding the broken electric systems of our house I was able to make some nice progress with the development of the game, at least.
I got the next internal test build done and tested. It may need a tweak here or there but overall I'm pretty happy with the result.
Nightingale has her first appearance in this build and the (small) scene has pretty much written itself. Funny, how you sometimes struggle to even start writing dialog for something, and sometimes you're done within half an hour.

As promised, this update will have numbers for renders and script lines, again.
I got 115 renders done this week for a total of (where's my damn calculator...): 557
~270 script lines were added for a total of 1560 lines
The animation count stays the same at 12

I wanted to use this week to catch up a bit and I think I did, considering I also spent a substantial amount of time on the test build.

And since there were no preview images in the last 2 Dev Updates, you'll get 3 this time ;-)
View attachment 2895741
View attachment 2895742

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Absolutely stunning! Thank you and appreciate your hard work.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
My reading comprehension is terrible sometimes
Does that mean the neverwhere Tales is book 1 - 3
And the next game is going to be book 4 - 6

Will each game have a new mc?
Or is it too early to tell?

Reactions: Dark Silence

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Certainly could use some clarification. One thing is clear to me, though: Nightingale is hot.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Absolutely stunning! Thank you and appreciate your hard work.
hi mate and friends
I would appreciate it if someone could answer my question
I like games that have a large number of verbal and teasing events (at least 10 for each girl or milf (the more the better)) then enter the phase of vaginal sex and anal sex ( In this way, a lot of sexual tension accumulates )
How many relations does this game have with the above definition? thank you

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020

First game: The Neverwhere Tales Book 1-3
Second game: The Neverwhere Tales Book 4+ (I expect it to be roughly the same as the 1st game, but it's too early to say for sure.)

The second game will have another MC and different LIs (That's the main reason why it'll be a new game).

Hope that clears things up :)

hi mate and friends
I would appreciate it if someone could answer my question
I like games that have a large number of verbal and teasing events (at least 10 for each girl or milf (the more the better)) then enter the phase of vaginal sex and anal sex ( In this way, a lot of sexual tension accumulates )
How many relations does this game have with the above definition? thank you
It's hard to answer an unspecific question that relies on personal preferences on top of that.
Whatever 10 events mean, it's pretty safe to say that this is not the case at the moment. Mainly because the development isn't far enough to even have that many "events" and secondly because most of the girls don't even have a lewd scene yet.

When does it happen in the future? When it feels right. I can't be any more specific.
10 events in the sense of 10 dates (per girl) are unlikely because that'll just drag out the main story.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes