VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You raise some good points. I'm not saying you're wrong either. I think her view of the relationship is established in the beginning. Not clearly but its there. the fact you lose points with her with the slap and the sex scene tell us where her mind is at in the relationship. She has sex because she thinks she has too. Hence you lose points for it. I think that shows she isn't invested in the relationship emotionally and one of the reasons I don't like her. She is playing a role with him and for me, her 'love' confessions are suspect. I'm an untrusting bastard when it comes to the things that women's say in relationships. If there are no actions to back it up then there is the door.
This. Exactly this. Also the reason I thibnk the dev set it up that way.

Again to all those not seeing it, she doesn't sleep with folk because of her job blah blah....her ONLY job is to protect the MC. She was groomed to do that job by the Templars. She only does other 'missions' when and as required by her emplyers. How can people keep missing this ename144

Secondly, even on the love path...the loyal GF path...the forgive her path...she STILL tells you the Templars come first in the 'heated discussion' forced upon us by the old bitch. This in its very self...is incredibly telling. Sure, she indoctrinated...and she falters when you throw that back at her....but it's still there, regardless of misguided loyalty or anything else. They...come...first.

Which leads me personally....onto the whole fuck them all route. Silly old bitch 'forcing' me to talk to her? Umm..scuse me? Fuck you love...I don't have to do fuck all for you, your cult or any other fucker and neither do I owe you anything and neither are you my boss. I'm outta here.

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
This is just a shot in the dark.
Mab with her daughter Mebd are of the Unseelie (Dökkálfar, Fae, Elf, Sidhe)
Fionna and her family are Tuatha Dé Danann (from my understanding they are related to the Fae but seperate, some of the legends if I remember right say they were once human)
I wonder if there are going to be more myths added later wouldn't mind something besides Nordic Myth.

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
I haven't completed the ch4 (just started) but I am already disliking the choices we are given w.r.t Kaija.
I have had this problem since ch3 when we had the 'forced talk' with Kaija. I'm not an articulated person, so i might miss a few things. For me 'Trust' is very important. So it's obv. I didn't like Kaija after the talk. What annoys me the most is that we are actively trying to stay in a relationship with Kaija, which should be the opposite and we should be getting choices if we want to accept her advances or not. That way we can give her more time to rebuild the trust but the choices given currently just purge all the previous dialogues he had with her regarding her 'Job and her relationship with him'.

Ex. If we choose to stay in the relationship (ch3) the dialogue just cuts from our choice to when are we going to Neverwhere. Like come on, show me some reaction to our choice. We are forgiving her, show me some emotions from her side.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about this for a while but never did. Also, I love the game, it's just the interactions with Kaija are not consistent for me, (doesn't matter the path).

Gonna continue with the ch4. Thanks for the great game(y)

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I haven't completed the ch4 (just started) but I am already disliking the choices we are given w.r.t Kaija.
I have had this problem since ch3 when we had the 'forced talk' with Kaija. I'm not an articulated person, so i might miss a few things. For me 'Trust' is very important. So it's obv. I didn't like Kaija after the talk. What annoys me the most is that we are actively trying to stay in a relationship with Kaija, which should be the opposite and we should be getting choices if we want to accept her advances or not. That way we can give her more time to rebuild the trust but the choices given currently just purge all the previous dialogues he had with her regarding her 'Job and her relationship with him'.

Ex. If we choose to stay in the relationship (ch3) the dialogue just cuts from our choice to when are we going to Neverwhere. Like come on, show me some reaction to our choice. We are forgiving her, show me some emotions from her side.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about this for a while but never did. Also, I love the game, it's just the interactions with Kaija are not consistent for me, (doesn't matter the path).

Gonna continue with the ch4. Thanks for the great game(y)
Good point. I was little frustrated with the scene and I was also frustrated there was no opportunity to confront the mother. Waiting until the father was saved is unrealistic to me. Even if you agreed to hold back, you would still want to have some engagement or negative feelings towards the mother than what we got. Apart from those two minor things, I love the game, it really sucked me in.

Reactions: Uddu

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
Good point. I was little frustrated with the scene and I was also frustrated there was no opportunity to confront the mother. Waiting until the father was saved is unrealistic to me. Even if you agreed to hold back, you would still want to have some engagement or negative feelings towards the mother than what we got. Apart from those two minor things, I love the game, it really sucked me in.
Agreed, I feel like the narration took over emotions in quite a few places. I really wanna like Kaija and give her some more time but it's the choices and dialogues with her that put me off. We have so much time with Kaija that now we have entered Neverwhere, so forcing the relationship with her right after the distrust felt ingenuine. We can easily build the trust and relationship back by spending time with her in neverwhere.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Agreed, I feel like the narration took over emotions in quite a few places. I really wanna like Kaija and give her some more time but it's the choices and dialogues with her that put me off. We have so much time with Kaija that now we have entered Neverwhere, so forcing the relationship with her right after the distrust felt ingenuine. We can easily build the trust and relationship back by spending time with her in neverwhere.
I would have preferred the 'continue relationship' option be held off as well. It also made sense to force it before Neverwhere as well. the Dev may have been in two minds as to where to place it. From a story point of view, it wasn't their choice to deal with that issue then, it was the Templar leader (her names escapes me) who forced it so I didn't think it a big deal, but at that stage of the game there was only one way I want to go and that is reject her. Its far too soon for me to be the slightest bit interested in having my MC take her back. My MCs eyes are firmly on Elea as an LI and to a lesser extent Fiona. Kaija at that moment in the story is my MCs primary antagonist for what she has done. Of course you can take other options but I play it as I see it unless I am deliberately exploring various other paths.

Being a relationship hard ass, my MC is always as loyal as possible and always want to see the couple live happily ever after until betrayed. From then on its no way. She can go fuck herself, once trust is gone it is gone and the dev has to write a pretty unbelievable twist to restore trust and take her back. Only 3 VNs have achieved that. I know its just a game, but its the way I play unless I'm deliberately exploring other paths and forcing myself to take other options.

etool

Jun 14, 2021
good game

like the story and renders

as for romance ... I am conflicted .... I wanted to dislike Kaija but I can not ... the way she is portrayed makes me feel bad for her, she does seem to love the MC

then there is Fiona ... so much mystery around her, hard to not be interested in her

next Alea (spell?) the blond .... she is also special in everyway, making her hard to ignore

then Madb (spell?) too soon to have opinion, but she is also interesting

as for the others, they are side pieces

I would prefer to this being a harem, but I understand it is not (not yet) and might not ever be

looking forward to more of this Gem of a story

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
good game

like the story and renders

as for romance ... I am conflicted .... I wanted to dislike Kaija but I can not ... the way she is portrayed makes me feel bad for her, she does seem to love the MC

then there is Fiona ... so much mystery around her, hard to not be interested in her

next Alea (spell?) the blond .... she is also special in everyway, making her hard to ignore

then Madb (spell?) too soon to have opinion, but she is also interesting

as for the others, they are side pieces

I would prefer to this being a harem, but I understand it is not (not yet) and might not ever be

looking forward to more of this Gem of a story
I agree with you on many things. :)
No harem and it is understandable seeing who the LIs are.
Now there should be a trheesome in the futur (FFM).

Cheers M8s.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes