VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Completely missed out on this so far, very impressive. Good animations, nice range of characters and hey, the story is actually interesting. THAT is certainly not true for every game like this.

Penelosbooty

Aug 23, 2020
I Kinda feel that you guys are missing the complexities of the emotions being felt by the mc and Kaija they are in love with each other so everything is mixed up. The mc is conflicted because he loves and trusts her but at the same time he does not trust her. That is the part that is weird to me-she never lied to him about anything that wasn't job related and anything job related should have been on his parents heads not Kaija's. If you stop and think about it he is blaming his parents but he is taking it out on Kaija because he cares more deeply for her than he knows and she is the one taking the heat because that's who she is. I would have trusted her less if she abandoned her oaths at the drop of a hat just to tell you crazy stuff. Think to their fight when they were arguing in the council chambers he was focused on everything that directly affected him not taking her feelings into account because he's angry and putting her on the defensive right away. In my opinion he should be apologizing to her for thinking that she would drop her oaths and loyalties like they mean nothing. She has got something in her head that drives her and makes her work harder than all others and the mc is messing up her priorities because she loves him very deeply. You guys are just being judgmental because she "lied" BANG! CASE CLOSED! KILL THE BITCH!..... But just my opinion do with it what you will.

Reactions: xapican

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
You guys are just being judgmental because she "lied" BANG! CASE CLOSED! KILL THE BITCH!
So, you think Joshy92 is plotting something against her? I knew it! This cunning snake was lying about romance and fisting, he just wanted to get closer to her and sting her with his poisonous tongue!

All I can think about is doing romantic things with my darling Kaija

Oh, and I also fantasize about lovingly shoving my tongue up her arse

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I Kinda feel that you guys are missing the complexities of the emotions being felt by the mc and Kaija they are in love with each other so everything is mixed up. The mc is conflicted because he loves and trusts her but at the same time he does not trust her. That is the part that is weird to me-she never lied to him about anything that wasn't job related and anything job related should have been on his parents heads not Kaija's. If you stop and think about it he is blaming his parents but he is taking it out on Kaija because he cares more deeply for her than he knows and she is the one taking the heat because that's who she is. I would have trusted her less if she abandoned her oaths at the drop of a hat just to tell you crazy stuff. Think to their fight when they were arguing in the council chambers he was focused on everything that directly affected him not taking her feelings into account because he's angry and putting her on the defensive right away. In my opinion he should be apologizing to her for thinking that she would drop her oaths and loyalties like they mean nothing. She has got something in her head that drives her and makes her work harder than all others and the mc is messing up her priorities because she loves him very deeply. You guys are just being judgmental because she "lied" BANG! CASE CLOSED! KILL THE BITCH!..... But just my opinion do with it what you will.
That's your interpretation. I tried to stay on her path, but the person I am in rl fought against it. When I play a game, I want to seamlessly immerse myself into a game. Now that I'm on Fiona's path, I'm fully immersed.

My advice to you is to do what your gut tells you. If you see no issue and are able to immerse yourself on Kaija's path, do that. But if any part of you says: "Wtf am I doing?" Back away and reassess the situation. You still may find that Kaija's path is for you.

You'll read many posts saying different things about the paths in the game. Yeah, I got a bit sidetracked discussin this. I'll shut up now. lol

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't think she should be killed, I think she should be sent away to allow the MC the opportunity to heal his broken heart. I would ask you to think about two things.

1. The MC has lost trust in Kaija. That is not a small thing. Losing trust is the worst thing that can happen in a relationship and is extremely hard to repair. Kaija was only suppose to be his friend she went a step further and got involved with him. Then she didn't disclose the truth about who she was. She is in a relationship and keeping huge secrets. How is the MC ever suppose to trust her again if she can keep those sort of secrets from him. Such a breach of trust is impossible to repair IMO. Hence why the focus is on the MC, he is the one who has been wronged here by his parents and by Kaija. If Kaija followed orders and stayed his friend then it wouldn't have been such a problem that it became.

2. If she ever loved him is debatable. In CH1 you lose points for playfully smacking her ass and when she initiates sex with the MC. So she is having sex not because she wants to but just because she feels it is her duty. That doesn't indicate love to me. In that case she deceived him deliberately and that is not okay in a relationship.

Just some points to think about. I don't expect you to agree, but I'd like you to understand why some of us don't like her very much at the moment.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
2. If she ever loved him is debatable. In CH1 you lose points for playfully smacking her ass and when she initiates sex with the MC. So she is having sex not because she wants to but just because she feels it is her duty. That doesn't indicate love to me. In that case she deceived him deliberately and that is not okay in a relationship.
What I did in my new Fiona playthru after her reaction to the smack, was I closed the bathroom door. I had 0 points with her until the end. What I didn't like was when walking to the meetup, she came up and held our hand. MC's thoughts were that she was showing us support. I mean, come the fuck on. That was the only scene where it felt like the game lost track of the point system.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Cum the fuck on, you insecure brat and get with the damn plot:
She is your bodyguard. She is doing this as her life mission.
She was designated to forever be there for you, ingrateful lunatic, through death.
What I did in my new Fiona playthru after her reaction to the smack, was I closed the bathroom door. I had 0 points with her until the end. What I didn't like was when walking to the meetup, she came up and held our hand. MC's thoughts were that she was showing us support. I mean, come the fuck on. That was the only scene where it felt like the game lost track of the point system.
There is nothing she would not do to fulfill her life misison. What is so hard to understand about the plot showing exctly how devoted someone can be to their bethrothed .. you are her mission in life, deal with it!

• Haha
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Cum the fuck on, you insecure brat and get with the damn plot:
She is your bodyguard. She is doing this as her life mission.
She was designated to forever be there for you, ingrateful lunatic, through death.
Wow. Talking shit like that? Are you sure you're old enough to be on this site? One, I'm not insecure. Two, I'm old af and not a brat. Three, you're a lovesick lil boy who thinks he knows everything. Four, holding the MC's hand isn't a bodyguard's job. They are there to stand back, watch and protect you.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
1702740322859.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You should really watch Bodyguard again ...in high definition,
so we can understand eachother about how old we both are:
the VIP always needs cuddling and to be held in the arms of the bodyguard.
That is the level of devotion and absolute skill oriented lifestyle she has.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
View attachment 3178685
You should really watch Bodyguard again ...in high definition,
so we can understand eachother about how old we both are:
the VIP always needs cuddling and to be held in the arms of the bodyguard.
That is the level of devotion and abolute skill oriented lifestyle she has.
THAT was a love story. You can promote it as how it should be, but it's not. Bodyguards should NEVER get involved with the client. It's unprofessional.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
You guys are just being judgmental because she "lied" BANG! CASE CLOSED! KILL THE BITCH!..... But just my opinion do with it what you will.
I can clearly see, your points, and share the view to a certain grade.
what I feel is that your last statement, feels a bit as an atack to the other points of view, (I know that is not your intention just saying that it could be interpreted as such)
what Maviarab, DS, Grumpy, and a few other made me see and deeply understand, is that they see it as a mayor trust break, and that makes them doubt about her loyality (MC isn't exactly loyal either but that is a topic for another discussion and not the point here) towards their relationship, hence he feels betrayed and doubtfull about the amount of sincerity of her feelings.
then again how DS pointed out, we play the MC just how we are in RL, we all have different sets of convictions, belives, experiences and principles.
In this context, it doesn't matter if it all was initated by his parents even if it was with the best of intentions, a lie isn't less hurtfull if it was made with a good intention. It is still a lie.
Point 2 from Grumpy, is somthing new to me I never saw that in that way, for me she had a crush and fell truly in love during the time, giving her the conflict between heart and duty.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes