VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Yup...on all my save routes (except her path or Elea's as they clash)...I take the not good enough option in the park. Sure, she has some issues...maybe even some trauma...but we've been open and honest with her....every step of the way...she knows we currently have trust issues....but no, won't you tell you that yet...
I gave her some time, but I don't have a lot of patience for serious relationships and secrets either.

Reactions: Maviarab

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020

Hey everyone,

first Dev Log of the year, so Happy New Year to everyone.

I got back into my usual dev work on January 2nd when I started setting up the first renders for Chapter 5.
Before that, I did a bit of planning, setting up some environments for later parts of the chapter, new characters, you get the idea... basic stuff.
I also started writing and coding the first lines of dialogue into Ren'Py.
Of course, the progress was a bit slower than usual because of the holidays. In the end, I still got more done than I expected.

I got 77 renders done this week and the script file contains 660 lines.
Next week's work will be mostly rendering to catch up a bit with the already-written dialogue.

The plan for Chapter 5:

I already mentioned at the end of last year, that Chapters 5 and 6 will be a bit different compared to the first 4 chapters.
Chapter 5 will have no content with Kaija, Elea, and Fiona whilst Chapter 6 will focus on their personal stories.
The reason for it is, that the bigger part of Chapter 5 will focus on a specific part of the world where it doesn't make sense for these 3 to show up.
On what part? Well, you can get an idea if you look at the attached Chapter Title (I usually render these when in Beta but this time I did it early because of this Dev Log).
You can expect more pointy ears in the coming months and throughout Chapter 5.

The first part of Chapter 5 will start where Chapter 4 ended (surprise!) and after a few scenes dealing with the aftermath of Chapter 4's ending (and 2 potential lewd scenes...) the story will move on to show the other side of the impending conflict.
It'll give you a bit more time to explore the Elves of The Neverwhere Tales and a bit more time with the one LI that hardly had any screen time yet.

I think that's it for now.
Have a nice weekend, guys

Cheers,
Ceolag

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hey everyone,

I got back into my usual dev work on January 2nd when I started setting up the first renders for Chapter 5.
Before that, I did a bit of planning, setting up some environments for later parts of the chapter, new characters, you get the idea... basic stuff.
Of course, the progress was a bit slower than usual because of the holidays. In the end, I still got more done than I expected.

Next week's work will be mostly rendering to catch up a bit with the already-written dialogue.

The plan for Chapter 5:

I already mentioned at the end of last year, that Chapters 5 and 6 will be a bit different compared to the first 4 chapters.
Chapter 5 will have no content with Kaija, Elea, and Fiona whilst Chapter 6 will focus on their personal stories.
The reason for it is, that the bigger part of Chapter 5 will focus on a specific part of the world where it doesn't make sense for these 3 to show up.
On what part? Well, you can get an idea if you look at the attached Chapter Title (I usually render these when in Beta but this time I did it early because of this Dev Log).

The first part of Chapter 5 will start where Chapter 4 ended (surprise!) and after a few scenes dealing with the aftermath of Chapter 4's ending (and 2 potential lewd scenes...) the story will move on to show the other side of the impending conflict.
It'll give you a bit more time to explore the Elves of The Neverwhere Tales and a bit more time with the one LI that hardly had any screen time yet.

Cheers,
Ceolag
Those elf bitches better put out. :sneaky:

Bruce F. Lee

Mar 16, 2021

Hey everyone,

The plan for Chapter 5:

Cheers,
Ceolag
BTW, I love your VN. It's the rare gem that has a quality story, animation, and characters.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes