VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
Some mytholgist(?) think the Aes Sidhe are either decedents or what the were changed into over time with the stories from the Tuatha. It's a bit murky because many of the legends of these groups are oral traditions.
Thanks, I don't know much tbh. I looked through Irish mythology since she is Irish, the closest I found was that. :giggle:

Ooh maybe she is a vampire. o_O

Reactions: dawlben

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Hey everyone,

first Dev Log of the year, so Happy New Year to everyone.

I got back into my usual dev work on January 2nd when I started setting up the first renders for Chapter 5.
Before that, I did a bit of planning, setting up some environments for later parts of the chapter, new characters, you get the idea... basic stuff.
I also started writing and coding the first lines of dialogue into Ren'Py.
Of course, the progress was a bit slower than usual because of the holidays. In the end, I still got more done than I expected.

I got 77 renders done this week and the script file contains 660 lines.
Next week's work will be mostly rendering to catch up a bit with the already-written dialogue.

The plan for Chapter 5:

I already mentioned at the end of last year, that Chapters 5 and 6 will be a bit different compared to the first 4 chapters.
Chapter 5 will have no content with Kaija, Elea, and Fiona whilst Chapter 6 will focus on their personal stories.
The reason for it is, that the bigger part of Chapter 5 will focus on a specific part of the world where it doesn't make sense for these 3 to show up.
On what part? Well, you can get an idea if you look at the attached Chapter Title (I usually render these when in Beta but this time I did it early because of this Dev Log).
You can expect more pointy ears in the coming months and throughout Chapter 5.

The first part of Chapter 5 will start where Chapter 4 ended (surprise!) and after a few scenes dealing with the aftermath of Chapter 4's ending (and 2 potential lewd scenes...) the story will move on to show the other side of the impending conflict.
It'll give you a bit more time to explore the Elves of The Neverwhere Tales and a bit more time with the one LI that hardly had any screen time yet.

I think that's it for now.
Have a nice weekend, guys

Cheers,
Ceolag
I have a heap of updates and new VNs to read at the moment. I put all of them aside to replay this last night. I love this VN.

No Kaija content? Dang I do enjoy punishing her deceitful butt. I didn't even get a chance to tell her I screwed a random from the bar. Take that betrayer!!!! Sorry caught up in the moment. I would think there would have been a goodbye scene or something with Kaija. Interesting.

I look forward to time with Medb and the elves, it will be very interesting. Elves are always problematic. There are the classic elven types dark elves and Tolkien type elves. Its very hard to pull off a new interpretation of elves these days that people like let alone accept. I have faith in Ceolag to pull it off and I do find Medb fascinating.

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Ceolag and xapican

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I have a heap of updates and new VNs to read at the moment. I put all of them aside to replay this last night. I love this VN.

No Kaija content? Dang I do enjoy punishing her deceitful butt. I didn't even get a chance to tell her I screwed a random from the bar. Take that betrayer!!!! Sorry caught up in the moment. I would think there would have been a goodbye scene or something with Kaija. Interesting.

I look forward to time with Medb and the elves, it will be very interesting. Elves are always problematic. There are the classic elven types dark elves and Tolkien type elves. Its very hard to pull off a new interpretation of elves these days that people like let alone accept. I have faith in Ceolag to pull it off and I do find Medb fascinating.
Team Elf all the way! Just make sure sis stays with us and out of the way....

Takin' the Templars doooowwwwwn! (even on my Kaija save lol)

• Haha
Reactions: xapican

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Team Elf all the way! Just make sure sis stays with us and out of the way....

Takin' the Templars doooowwwwwn! (even on my Kaija save lol)
I don't want to take them down, I just want to put a broom through the place starting with the parents.

I'll reserve my elf support until I see who the elves are first. They could be far worse. Their hatred for humans doesn't exactly make them good guys at this point. As much as I am intrigued by Medb, I'll be happy to throw her and the hot queens to the curb if need be. I'm too cynical these days to be persuaded by just a pretty face. Been there done that.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I don't want to take them down, I just want to put a broom through the place starting with the parents.

I'll reserve my elf support until I see who the elves are first. They could be far worse. Their hatred for humans doesn't exactly make them good guys at this point. As much as I am intrigued by Medb, I'll be happy to throw her and the hot queens to the curb if need be. I'm too cynical these days to be persuaded by just a pretty face. Been there done that.
There's always Fiona and Orla. Only path I'm on in this after all the bullshit.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
There's always Fiona and Orla. Only path I'm on in this after all the bullshit.
Definitely, I do love a cute blonde. I'll wait and see re-Fiona. She has some explaining to do before I'm fully onboard with her.
Your OP was talking about Elea and Fiona. The blonde comment was referring to Elea, the next two sentences to Fiona. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Too busy doing too many things at once.
Yup...Fiona while ok (again..token sexy redhead so will always be popular)...there's really only Elea who has been straight and honest with you. Everyone else is a schemer, lies to you or witholds pertinant information from you. I love this VN...but it's a pattern in VN's and being forced to go along with all their bullshit grates me because in real life, no matter how fucking hot you are, I'm done sweetheart and moving on.

So, I suppose in reality, even forget Elea (whole work problem shit and her reservations in general)...best girl really has to be Anissa imo. No strings, hot as hell, no lies...no commitment...no issues...no drama...

Anissa FTW!

Oct 10, 2022
Yup...Fiona while ok (again..token sexy redhead so will always be popular)...there's really only Elea who has been straight and honest with you. Everyone else is a schemer, lies to you or witholds pertinant information from you. I love this VN...but it's a pattern in VN's and being forced to go along with all their bullshit grates me because in real life, no matter how fucking hot you are, I'm done sweetheart and moving on.

So, I suppose in reality, even forget Elea (whole work problem shit and her reservations in general)...best girl really has to be Anissa imo. No strings, hot as hell, no lies...no commitment...no issues...no drama...

Anissa FTW!
I am not sure I agree with you about Fiona. That is true she is hiding stuff but she only met MC and told fair share about herself and also she openly admitted that there are things she was not telling and when the time comes she will talk about it. I think that is fair. She does not scheme against MC just does not trust him enough to talk about everything. Elea is more open but she knows MC longer.

Anissa FTW!

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I am not sure I agree with you about Fiona. That is true she is hiding stuff but she only met MC and told fair share about herself and also she openly admitted that there are things she was not telling and when the time comes she will talk about it. I think that is fair. She does not scheme against MC just does not trust him enough to talk about everything. Elea is more open but she knows MC longer.

Anissa FTW!
Agree.

Having said that, one of the beauties of this game is how Ceolag has crafted Positive/Neutral/Negative responses to many of the player choices presented. That gives plenty of leeway to players in how they respond to Fiona not wanting to share her story.

It seems obvious that Fiona and Elena are destined to team up with the MC in Neverwhere, because of the particular skillsets they offer (Anissa, well... maybe she can carry the bags). On my first playthrough, I was worried that too many negative responses to Fiona or Elena might jeopardize help from them in the future (on reflection, I don't think Ceolag would allow that).

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes