VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
I was mainly over the top about the Templars. As for Kaija, mostly everyone knows I tried to love her. But I just couldn't simp. Her actions were too much. Even on her love path. At the end of the first release and her saying that she needed time and that she didn't know if she could choose us and the the Templars, made my blood boil.
Yeah, I challenged myself, I'm gonna try to play her love path after steam release, but it already feels like I will be stepping over myself, I mean, I have right to be angry at her, right?
It's not like people went full rampage on her just because she exists.

And it feels - that in order to get on her love path I'll have to go full simp route, ehh, we'll see.

Maybe after replaying I will join Kaija's cult :LOL: NO!!!

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
You never have to worry about Ceolag altering anything. The story will always go the way he planned.
Going to be honest, even I tried to tone down on both jokes and serious discussion regarding Kaija (can't resist sometimes to make a small jab) because of worrying it might, even slightly, affect the way Ceolag progresses story.
Sure, I hate her, but at the same time, Ceolag has done wonders to show MC can stand on his own feet, argument his case properly and express his dislike (if going down that route).

Problem is, so far rest of the girls simply haven't done that much to warrant some deep discussion.
There was a bit of it, yes, but currently it's mostly just "straight-line".
Granted, what did Fiona do in the past, what is she, who exactly is her family, what will be consequences of telling Elea to investigate Neverwhere more, all of those are interesting, but we're not there yet.

So it keeps circling back to Kaija, and I don't know what more I can say about her that I didn't say somewhere around page 20-50, when 2nd update came out.

Side comment, people, ignore button is there for a reason. Use it. I have few people from this very thread on my ignore list. Frequent posters. Someone annoys you, use ignore.

EDIT: And to conclude, Kaija is most interesting character by far. Different person based on which route is taken, amazingly written, interesting, conflicted in her feelings (love path) and well worth exploring. Just wish it wasn't always same few people exploring her.
I'd genuinely love to be able to hide 50% of this thread from new guys, just to see what they would say about her if some of us weren't here.

• Hey there
Reactions: tslojr and xapican

Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Yeah, I challenged myself, I'm gonna try to play her love path after steam release, but it already feels like I will be stepping over myself, I mean, I have right to be angry at her, right?
It's not like people went full rampage on her just because she exists.

And it feels - that in order to get on her love path I'll have to go full simp route, ehh, we'll see.

Maybe after replaying I will join Kaija's cult :LOL: NO!!!
You don't have to Simp to understand the real story... Just don't rush to conclusions and let her explain it. If then you still wish to burn her... I got torches waiting LOL

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: AlexMpog

Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
Going to be honest, even I tried to tone down on both jokes and serious discussion regarding Kaija (can't resist sometimes to make a small jab) because of worrying it might, even slightly, affect the way Ceolag progresses story.
Sure, I hate her, but at the same time, Ceolag has done wonders to show MC can stand on his own feet, argument his case properly and express his dislike (if going down that route).

Problem is, so far rest of the girls simply haven't done that much to warrant some deep discussion.
There was a bit of it, yes, but currently it's mostly just "straight-line".
Granted, what did Fiona do in the past, what is she, who exactly is her family, what will be consequences of telling Elea to investigate Neverwhere more, all of those are interesting, but we're not there yet.

So it keeps circling back to Kaija, and I don't know what more I can say about her that I didn't say somewhere around page 20-50, when 2nd update came out.

Side comment, people, ignore button is there for a reason. Use it. I have few people from this very thread on my ignore list. Frequent posters. Someone annoys you, use ignore.
That's storytelling. Start with known characters, resolve their issues, and then introduce new ones gradually.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I thought it had been a lot better recently. I haven't seen the hate that I used to, but maybe as she's not my favorite, I just haven't noticed.
Honestly it has been Alot better this last month it been alot more chill even with some of the hate Kaija comments. Don't want to name any names but there was one person that got under my skin more when it came to the hate Kaija stuff every other thread he was chill so I never muted him lol.

Like I know everyone more or less joking about it and the majority of the guys around this thread are pretty light hearted and chill about it. But the person I don't want to name felt like that was most of his replies to me when I talked good about her and would start a hate Kaija spam train. So over time it would build up and get to me so I avoided talking about her for a long time on this thread unless bored. Now days such more relaxed and I feel like I can actually say good things about her without it being a constant hate spam train, only every once in awhile it turns into that which is fine and usually pretty funny.

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
I'm sure everyone (most...) people here can take a joke.
But a joke isn't a joke anymore if it's going on for several pages. It doesn't matter which topic or character, it will always become annoying to those who disagree if you keep beating the dead horse.
Hating for several pages will become annoying to people who like Kaija as simping for several pages will be to those who hate her.

Yeah, I know but all the dev sees is Kaija hate. I don't want that to affect her storyline or anything.
As Lan already said, that does not influence the story.
Of course, I read everything and listen to feedback and ideas (like the idea for the flashback to the Teens from this thread) but her overall story won't be affected by how much hate she gets. Or love for that matter.

In the end, if I feel like throwing all LIs into a burning house, I'll do it, no matter how much love or hate each one of them gets. :ROFLMAO:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Honestly it has been Alot better this last month it been alot more chill even with some of the hate Kaija comments. Don't want to name any names but there was one person that got under my skin more when it came to the hate Kaija stuff every other thread he was chill so I never muted him lol.

Like I know everyone more or less joking about it and the majority of the guys around this thread are pretty light hearted and chill about it. But the person I don't want to name felt like that was most of his replies to me when I talked good about her and would start a hate Kaija spam train. So over time it would build up and get to me so I avoided talking about her for a long time on this thread unless bored. Now days such more relaxed and I feel like I can actually say good things about her without it being a constant hate spam train, only every once in awhile it turns into that which is fine and usually pretty funny.
I been on here many a day and only seen worship Kaija posts. I don't think there is that much hate and it all seemed like fun banter going back and forth so I'm lost as the hurt that has suddenly appeared. I have said many times, I'm not anti-Kaija, only anti-Kaija for my MC. I did jump on the fuck Kaija bandwagon a few times because I thought it was light hearted banter and all in good fun, it's fucking VN after all. A very good VN but still a VN with fictional characters.

Even so, because a character is hated is not a bad thing. Characters are there to stir emotions, good and bad, and stir up conversation about the game. If characters all have to be liked and you can only say nice things then this page is going to die of boredom real quick and Coelag would no longer have a story to tell.

This is only 1 of 3 pages I make time to visit these, if I thought it was toxic and hateful I wouldn't be here at all. If we are going to get all serious and outlaw fun then I'm gone.

I'm not singling you out Dessolos, I'm just commenting on the thread and your post was the last one at the time.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
In the end, if I feel like throwing all LIs into a burning house, I'll do it, no matter how much love or hate each one of them gets. :ROFLMAO:
just make sure we are actually to weak to carry them out of said burning building / cant get to them also throw a few Templars in there with them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I been on here many a day and only seen worship Kaija posts. I don't think there is that much hate and it all seemed like fun banter going back and forth so I'm lost as the hurt that has suddenly appeared. I have said many times, I'm not anti-Kaija, only anti-Kaija for my MC. I did jump on the fuck Kaija bandwagon a few times because I thought it was light hearted banter and all in good fun, it's fucking VN after all. A very good VN but still a VN with fictional characters.

Even so, because a character is hated is not a bad thing. Characters are there to stir emotions, good and bad, and stir up conversation about the game. If characters all have to be liked and you can only say nice things then this page is going to die of boredom real quick and Coelag would no longer have a story to tell.

This is only 1 of 3 pages I make time to visit these, if I thought it was toxic and hateful I wouldn't be here at all. If we are going to get all serious and outlaw fun then I'm gone.

I'm not singling you out Dessolos, I'm just commenting on the thread and your post was the last one at the time.
That's funny because all I ever see is people whining about Kaija why do you think I'm not here as much?
If we took out all the posts saying Kaija doesn't love the mc or talking shit about her this thread would have half the pages.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
That's funny because all I ever see is people whining about Kaija why do you think I'm not here as much?
If we took out all the posts saying Kaija doesn't love the mc or talking shit about her this thread would have half the pages.
Went from page 220 (randomly selected) and Pro-Kaija comments out comment Anti-Kaija 2 to 1 (actually counted).
There was bit of actual discussion, but not much, lots of random joking or memes (Kaija related or otherwise, not Pro/Anti-Kaija considered).
Do keep in mind I have some people ignored, so might have missed some.

Anti-Kaija comments have reduced in volume significantly, pro-Kaija comments have gone significantly up.
Personally, aside from 1-2 jabs at Kaija every 5-10 pages, I tend to not discuss too much on this VN. When people discuss something else I like throwing my opinion into the mix, but just lurk otherwise.

Absolutely love the VN, but there's not much valuable discussion going on. Both sides have gone overboard, and yes, I contributed to that as well (the less said about some of my posts from last year, the better. Yeesh, venom I spouted...)

Just waiting on release date for next tier of patreon subs to come out, and then hopefully people will get to discussing something else.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Went from page 220 (randomly selected) and Pro-Kaija comments out comment Anti-Kaija 2 to 1 (actually counted).
There was bit of actual discussion, but not much, lots of random joking or memes (Kaija related or otherwise, not Pro/Anti-Kaija considered).
Do keep in mind I have some people ignored, so might have missed some.

Anti-Kaija comments have reduced in volume significantly, pro-Kaija comments have gone significantly up.
Personally, aside from 1-2 jabs at Kaija every 5-10 pages, I tend to not discuss too much on this VN. When people discuss something else I like throwing my opinion into the mix, but just lurk otherwise.

Absolutely love the VN, but there's not much valuable discussion going on. Both sides have gone overboard, and yes, I contributed to that as well (the less said about some of my posts from last year, the better. Yeesh, venom I spouted...)

Just waiting on release date for next tier of patreon subs to come out, and then hopefully people will get to discussing something else.
It was worse before some people even accused Kaija of cheating while she was on the job.
And honestly I only talk about Kaija because people complain about her so much.

But Trem said she didn't want this thread to be unwelcoming but I already feel it is.

Reactions: nitkonikic

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
It was worse before some people even accused Kaija of cheating while she was on the job.
And honestly I only talk about Kaija because people complain about her so much.

But Trem said she didn't want this thread to be unwelcoming but I already feel it is.
I do feel it's alot better than it used to be. But I feel like at this point it will always be part of the culture of this thread even if it's toned down alot compared to a 3-4 months ago.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Just saw compressed, went to Patreon and saw Ceolag's mini-rant.
Not cool, not cool at all.

As mere $5 supporter, perfectly fine waiting for scheduled release. Let those who give more have their advance period, and let those who don't mind spending a bit at every release get their early fix. Goes a long way to help dev as well.
Sigh...

Minor EDIT: I though Ceolag himself updates links on this thread?

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
Oops, seems like I joined the thread right in time, it's a fate:)

Also, my post may be a bit off-top but the thread already went off top, so why not.

First of all - I absolutely agree that going overboard is not cool despite which side you choose.

Now...
I know after my post people will probably call me names and tell my what a bad guy I am, bully, hater etc..
Go ahead.

I am not on this forum for a very long period of time, but I would say I am very observing,
I know how it works here more or less, also I can see some patterns and how some people behave here and there and stuff.
And now that I read some post from certain people here - it looks unfair to me.

For example, Joshy92 - you are complaining that people here going overboard. Common, you out of all people...
I mean, if they were to update a definition of term "going overboard" in a dictionary - your avatar should be there.
I feels a bit hypocritical... ok..., I think it's extremely hypocritical of you to complain.

I joined this forum because of Isabella: Chasing sunsets game (found on reddit) and was mostly in a few threads and Isa's was one of them.

...Eventually you turned that thread into endless discussion of how hot it would be - lesbian action of Isa+Alex and how badly you want it - literally the same very stuff - over & over & over & over again, almost everyday,
sometimes you switched topic to shoving vegetables up girl's holes or whatever - but most of the time - it's the same damn stuff.
I think If I go and check the thread - 60-70% of last posts there will be about the same stuff. At least it was like this until muted it.
I don't want to bring other threads, don't wanna start this whole BBC topic here) I think most people here already know that you can get carried away pretty badly))

So, what I am trying to say here.

You're telling you don't feel comfortable/wellcoming here - well I certainly din't feel comfortable at Isa's thread as well.

You're saying that you're afraid that Ceolag will change the story because of constant ranting - well, I am afraid that Badtimetales after being brainwashed with this fantasies of yours will change the story as well and instead will focus on developing throuple route to cater your fantasies and will neglect solo routes.

But, hey, I for once, understand that this is a free/pirate AVN forum and people can express freely what they think.

I think that if you or others are allowed to post the same stuff that you like over and over again in a thread, if you are allowed to post how much you like that or this almost every damn day - then other people are also allowed to tell what they do or don't like as often as they prefer, just like you, if you allowed to simp - other people allowed to hate, if you're allowed to go overboard - the same goes to others, well, you got the pattern, we are all equal, except Mods and Devs.

And if it annoys you, if it gets under you skin then you might just mute the thread like I did it with Isabella...

What is pretty unfair to me - is snapping at other people just because they post smth you don't like.

well, I am done. now you can start telling me what a horrible person I am)

Peace

P.S. I love this game btw. Amazing story and characters, well, most of them;)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Oops, seems like I joined the thread right in time, it's a fate:)

Also, my post may be a bit off-top but the thread already went off top, so why not.

First of all - I absolutely agree that going overboard is not cool despite which side you choose.

Now...
I know after my post people will probably call me names and tell my what a bad guy I am, bully, hater etc..
Go ahead.

I am not on this forum for a very long period of time, but I would say I am very observing,
I know how it works here more or less, also I can see some patterns and how some people behave here and there and stuff.
And now that I read some post from certain people here - it looks unfair to me.

For example, Joshy92 - you are complaining that people here going overboard. Common, you out of all people...
I mean, if they were to update a definition of term "going overboard" in a dictionary - your avatar should be there.
I feels a bit hypocritical... ok..., I think it's extremely hypocritical of you to complain.

I joined this forum because of Isabella: Chasing sunsets game (found on reddit) and was mostly in a few threads and Isa's was one of them.

...Eventually you turned that thread into endless discussion of how hot it would be - lesbian action of Isa+Alex and how badly you want it - literally the same very stuff - over & over & over & over again, almost everyday,
sometimes you switched topic to shoving vegetables up girl's holes or whatever - but most of the time - it's the same damn stuff.
I think If I go and check the thread - 60-70% of last posts there will be about the same stuff. At least it was like this until muted it.
I don't want to bring other threads, don't wanna start this whole BBC topic here) I think most people here already know that you can get carried away pretty badly))

So, what I am trying to say here.

You're telling you don't feel comfortable/wellcoming here - well I certainly din't feel comfortable at Isa's thread as well.

You're saying that you're afraid that Ceolag will change the story because of constant ranting - well, I am afraid that Baltimedia after being brainwashed with this fantasies of yours will change the story as well and instead will focus on developing throuple route to cater your fantasies and will neglect solo routes.

But, hey, I for once, understand that this is a free/pirate AVN forum and people can express freely what they think.

I think that if you or others are allowed to post the same stuff that you like over and over again in a thread, if you are allowed to post how much you like that or this almost every damn day - then other people are also allowed to tell what they do or don't like as often as they prefer, just like you, if you allowed to simp - other people allowed to hate, if you're allowed to go overboard - the same goes to others, well, you got the pattern, we are all equal, except Mods and Devs.

And if it annoys you, if it gets under you skin then you might just mute the thread like I did it with Isabella...

What is pretty unfair to me - is snapping at other people just because they post smth you don't like.

well, I am done. now you can start telling me what a horrible person I am)

Peace

P.S. I love this game btw. Amazing story and characters, well, most of them;)
Your right and I mostly agree. But the hate Kaija gets is ridiculous if it was the mc doing the same thing people would fawn over him She gets judged more harshly because she is a woman. I have seen that in another thread.

And I wouldn't call you a bad person or whatever (that I reserve for devs who lie about what content is going to be in their game or people who try and trick me)

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes