VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 45 Votes

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Im late to the party and will make it short: Really really really awesome update! Loved everything about it and the possibilitys it created for the future storyline.

The MC's dad seems like such a loser tho (and not in the way avns usually present the bad/evil/loser dad) that its hard to imagine him being the leader of the templars for so long. He seems to lack any kind of perspective about his organisation and his own family.

He just seems very weak (not talking about his unknow fighting abilitys here) and not able to lead a organisation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Im late to the party and will make it short: Really really really awesome update! Loved everything about it and the possibilitys it created for the future storyline.

The MC's dad seems like such a loser tho (and not in the way avns usually present the bad/evil/loser dad) that its hard to imagine him being the leader of a templars for so long. He seems to lack any kind of perspective about his organisation and his own family.

He just seems very weak (not talking about his unknow fighting abilitys here) and not able to lead a organisation.
What do you mean?
He's proven to be extremely capable of messing up his sons life.
It's underappreciated skill.

EDIT: Damn my boredom.
I've expressed my love for parents in excruciating detail last few pages, so you'll know this is unusual, but let me be devils (appropriate for this bastard) lawyer.

He was kidnapped, rescued by his own son, son he kept in the dark all this time.
He is, understandably, lost.
Think those who didn't burn bridges might get to see dad in action.

In situation such as chapter 5, he is fucked. Nothing he says or does can be easy to do. Lying to his son, messing up his life, then having to rely on same son to save his ass and have to provide full explanation on why he did what he did that same day.

Him being lost, confused and worried actually plays in favour of those who are pro-forgive.
He feels like that because he knows he messed up, and it will be really hard not to lose his son because of it.
It's because he actually cares that he looks weak.

Give him few days to process everything and I'm sure he'll be back to leadership.

Then again, rest of council is made out of morons, so who knows...

Last edited:

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
For me the father could have told him and kept him out of the Templar. It would have better prepared him just in case he had to enter that world. With that knowledge when his mother told him to leave he would have been able to react. Katja situation is understandable but manipulative. A relationship created through a lie even if love becomes true can it be trusted by the one who was lied to.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
A relationship created through a lie even if love becomes true can it be trusted by the one who was lied to.
We can't ever know for sure. At some point you have to decide to trust the person you love. If you can't, maybe the problem is you. :shrug:

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
For me the father could have told him and kept him out of the Templar. It would have better prepared him just in case he had to enter that world. With that knowledge when his mother told him to leave he would have been able to react. Katja situation is understandable but manipulative. A relationship created through a lie even if love becomes true can it be trusted by the one who was lied to.
Just because it went badly for Professor Jones in the Last Crusade it doesn't always have to be that way
d32c1d9eef97dd76e3626c24c2607b91.gif

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
We can't ever know for sure. At some point you have to decide to trust the person you love. If you can't, maybe the problem is you. :shrug:
Kaija...Katja....tells you a different name depending on her mood. You want to trust her e6? Pff....on your severed head one night be it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
You want to trust her e6?
Sounds like a better deal than "Waa, my GF didn't tell me everything, must be time to get pointy ear surgery and start chanting 'death to all humans!' with my new fam"...
Yes, you hate Kaija and your butthurt is so great that you want to kill every last human, we GET IT already. Maybe there should be an "I hate Kaija with the fire of thousand suns" thread we can have this one back to talk about the game?

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
"Waa, my GF didn't tell me everything, must be time to get pointy ear surgery and start chanting 'death to all humans!' with my new fam"...
Hey now, shared hobbies are good for a long and healthy relationship :p
"I hate Kaija with the fire of thousand suns"
Curious if Ceolag will make an achievement out of it, it has a nice ring to it :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Sounds like a better deal than "Waa, my GF didn't tell me everything, must be time to get pointy ear surgery and start chanting 'death to all humans!' with my new fam"...
Yes, you hate Kaija and your butthurt is so great that you want to kill every last human, we GET IT already. Maybe there should be an "I hate Kaija with the fire of thousand suns" thread we can have this one back to talk about the game?
Bwahahah... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? I've actually seen very little Kaija hate today. Lot of discussion regarding what the parents did though and whether their actions (or inaction) was/is justified...

Or is that area of discussion off-limits too to the likes of yourself? Better yet, how about you just give us a list of safe topics we discuss ;)

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
I mean she's quite easy to hate, no? I've only recently played this for the first time and I don't think there's a character I hate more than her. Not even the MC's parents. Plus, look at her face. That jawline and cheekbones...she's got a more masculine face than me. What's to love?!?!?

I'd be willing to go farther than "kill every last human" to be honest. I'd add the Elves too. Fuck them all. I'm siding with the Hellspawn with no hesitation. I've never played the "bad guy/asshole" route as "main" in any game before but it seems to be the most enjoyable for me in this one because almost all characters are so detestable.

Just my 2 cents...no need to get triggered.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I mean she's quite easy to hate, no? I've only recently played this for the first time and I don't think there's a character I hate more than her. Not even the MC's parents. Plus, look at her face. That jawline and cheekbones...she's got a more masculine face than me. What's to love?!?!?

I'd be willing to go farther than "kill every last human" to be honest. I'd add the Elves too. Fuck them all. I'm siding with the Hellspawn with no hesitation. I've never played the "bad guy/asshole" route as "main" in any game before but it seems to be the most enjoyable for me in this one because almost all characters are so detestable.

While we have opposite opinions on Kaija. I fully agree about the Templars. I feel I need more time with the Elfs to say if im in the fuck them or not camp. I'm more leaning towards Elfs good , Templars bad right now. While yeah Elfs are a bit racist cause of their hatred towards humans not sure what caused that exactly just yet. I do get the general feeling right now besides that one negative I think the Elf's are generally good people. But only more updates will tell how I really feel it's still to early to have an opinion for me.

Really the only characters I hate or dislike right now is the Templar leadership , both of the parents and 1 of the Elf Queen's. ( The one at the prisoner exchange) Everyone else is pretty likeable for me.

Reactions: RNasc4444 and pitao

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
What do you mean?
He's proven to be extremely capable of messing up his sons life.
It's underappreciated skill.

EDIT: Damn my boredom.
I've expressed my love for parents in excruciating detail last few pages, so you'll know this is unusual, but let me be devils (appropriate for this bastard) lawyer.

He was kidnapped, rescued by his own son, son he kept in the dark all this time.
He is, understandably, lost.
Think those who didn't burn bridges might get to see dad in action.

In situation such as chapter 5, he is fucked. Nothing he says or does can be easy to do. Lying to his son, messing up his life, then having to rely on same son to save his ass and have to provide full explanation on why he did what he did that same day.

Him being lost, confused and worried actually plays in favour of those who are pro-forgive.
He feels like that because he knows he messed up, and it will be really hard not to lose his son because of it.
It's because he actually cares that he looks weak.

Give him few days to process everything and I'm sure he'll be back to leadership.

Then again, rest of council is made out of morons, so who knows...
Im not only talking about the father's reaction after the kidnapping.

He's the fucking grandmaster and did allow other people to decide about his sons life (the council appointing Kaija as his bodyguard for example). He just seems unfit to rule, everything we saw about him and heard about his (in)actions points towards a very weak man whos played by all sides easily.

It doesnt seem like he was ever a good leader at all and did lead the templars to a state where parts of the organisation are looking for a big war without fighting them enough. I dunno ..

And there is at least one council member who's okayish, its not like he couldnt get allies over the years.

I even forgave him in my main playthrough just because i kinda see him as too weak to really blame him but maybe thats just what it does to you being part of a cult.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

Bwahahaha you hate everyone but...The girl from you profile pic :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Im not only talking about the father's reaction after the kidnapping.

He's the fucking grandmaster and did allow other people to decide about his sons life (the council appointing Kaija as his bodyguard for example). He just seems unfit to rule, everything we saw about him and heard about his (in)actions points towards a very weak man whos played by all sides easily.

It doesnt seem like he was ever a good leader at all and did lead the templars to a state where parts of the organisation are looking for a big war without fighting them enough. I dunno ..

And there is at least one council member who's okayish, its not like he couldnt get allies over the years.

I even forgave him in my main playthrough just because i kinda see him as too weak to really blame him but maybe thats just what it does to you being part of a cult.
Yeah, totally agree, and here is where the MC comes into game, he is supposed to take the leadership from his father at least that is the impression it gave me when (talking to Linnae and the other not corrupted Templars) but alas, I'm getting tired of this polarisation, I think there is no good or bad, this isn't so simple, Ceo took care that If you burn bridges with Templars or Kaija there are other partys, (already hinted) to join you in the fray
so let's see what good comes in the next chapter

Reactions: pitao
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes