MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
So, what happened to the dev? I don't see anything recent even on their Discord. Though I did note this comment by Gambino over there on December 11th (one day before this thread was updated)...

I suppose that was meant for 2021 then? Welp, I guess it is what it is. Do y'all have any other recent news than what I got?

Anyway, let me see if I'm recalling the right game or not. Is this the one where the MC is a soldier and has all those inappropriate tattoos and goes on a mission into the jungle and finds a hidden bunker early on in the game?
Yes. And nothing until 2022 would be ridiculous.

Reactions: Back

-Joeb-

May 5, 2017
So, what happened to the dev? I don't see anything recent even on their Discord. Though I did note this comment by Gambino over there on December 11th (one day before this thread was updated)...

I suppose that was meant for 2021 then? Welp, I guess it is what it is. Do y'all have any other recent news than what I got?

Anyway, let me see if I'm recalling the right game or not. Is this the one where the MC is a soldier and has all those inappropriate tattoos and goes on a mission into the jungle and finds a hidden bunker early on in the game?
If so, I think I had shelved this one for a time; though, I tried to put in a sincere attempt at it. Honestly I did, but I simply couldn't stretch my suspension of disbelief much after that incredulous start of the story and from doing a bunch of eyerolls. Those preview images looked so, so good (sans tattoos) but I couldn't power through this part before giving up. Hence, I don't know how much the story has progressed beyond this jungle prologue.

I know this might get a few biased answers when I ask the following in the game's thread, but is this something I should give another crack at (as in, the story gets a lot better), or is the investment in time not worth it especially since it *does* appear that the game is indeed abandoned (and not just because F95 deemed it so)? Like, is it even worth playing knowing that the game is incomplete and possibly leave on a sour cliffhanger, or is it better to just view over the CGs, appreciate the art, and move on to other projects? As you guys are the ones that played through the game, I'll weigh any feedback, but I'm leaning towards the latter. In any case, y'all have a good week and stay safe! Cheers!
I didn't like the beginning of the game either but I found the rest to be ok so I'd say go for it no harm done. But don't expect something incredible.

Reactions: Kond and Back

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well, damn. I actually really liked this game. I hope Gambino's OK and that he'll be able to continue the game at some point. Hopefully it's only a really busy schedule keeping him from continuing development. We've lost too many developers to the short stick life seems always to hand them. :(

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Unfortunately, a review making a bad review due to abandoning is against the rules on this site because WTF.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Unfortunately, a review making a bad review due to abandoning is against the rules on this site because WTF.
Well, I understand being upset by games getting abandoned (I still miss the days of Valiant Warrior Astrid) but it's not really fair to say a game is bad because the developer stopped working on it. Games should be rated based on what's actually in the game when it's played. A review doesn't even need to mention the incomplete status of a game, since any game without the Completed label —whether Abandoned or still being developed — is, by definition, incomplete.

X2Z

Aug 8, 2017
damn that's sad it was abandoned. here's to hoping someone will continue it one day

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Gambino Games Last seen Today at 6:04 PM

Well to me that's very much an indication that they are alive.

However the question i'd like to know is, if their Patreon is still collecting money monthly or did they pause it.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
So work on it or tell us it's abandoned or SOME news! We deserve it and patrons absolutely need news.

Tangel

Jan 30, 2018
To bad as a Vet I enjoyed this game. I like to see it done. Gambino if you pick it up again later please let us know. This was a very interesting story line.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

anatoliase

Mar 5, 2019
Come on man, you can't leave such a beautiful and original story. When I really played, I felt like I was in the game and I was happy every moment. Such talent is hard to find. I really congratulate you. I finished the game with great excitement and then I came here. When I see the text 'ABANDONED', I am so sorry to hear that. Please find a way to continue this story and don't waste your talent. You can get it in other games. But remember, you are very good. I will be following you, waiting for your news.(y) Gambino Games

pilapila3

Donor
Nov 27, 2019
This game had my interest... I just hope it is just a slight delay in development.
If this is really abandoned it would be nice to know the reason. The community is quite capable. I am sure the way to continue the story is at Dev's fingertips. Just let folks know what is needed.....

Last edited:

Aleks Mark

Aug 25, 2020
I agree with the previous post, perhaps after resting and gathering strength, the developer will continue the game. So we can only wish him health and creative mood, and whether it will lead to the continuation of the game or not, time will tell. In any case, I hope that this is not the last game of this in fact creative person.

4.50 star(s) 24 Votes