4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Very nice game, albeit not that much content yet. I don't generally care much for Koikaku graphics, but if they're presented stylishly like in this game it can still work for me.. and it's very appropriate for the style of game in this case too. Hope we get plenty of content in the future.
Plenty of lewding to come. Nobody is always going to be a story first kind of game for me, but I also won't be holding back with the NSFW content.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I like it because it feels like I'm watching an anime, and not those janky Ren'Py games where there's some animation but it still looks awkward. If this was completely animated it look like one of those odd 3D anime (hopefully better than Berserk).

Reactions: BanditoMarito

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I hope the MC becomes stronger, right now it's a little annoying how weak he is in a magical world lol.

Malkavian

Jun 8, 2017
I hope the MC becomes stronger, right now it's a little annoying how weak he is in a magical world lol.
I think it's heavily implied that he is more powerful than usual, considering how he faired against Mina for example, Ivan's comment, and the Jester thing wanting to test him.

That's not a bug, that choice literally sends you back to the choice menu, it doesn't do anything.
It could be a choice linked to the wrong panel, specially considering how it was immediatelly after a lil tutorial on the importance of choices.

Reactions: Sayajin2205

niasolis

Jul 27, 2018
I think it's heavily implied that he is more powerful than usual, considering how he faired against Mina for example, Ivan's comment, and the Jester thing wanting to test him.

It could be a choice linked to the wrong panel, specially considering how it was immediatelly after a lil tutorial on the importance of choices.
Looking at the script, the Give Chase link is actually commented out and it just points back to the choice menu. Even if you go to the give chase option in the script, that part just points back. It looks like that part either wasn't written or was not included in this version.

"Give chase...":
#jump ep1p3givechase
jump ep1p3campchoice

Reactions: Biruambush

ILoveSucuk

May 2, 2022
Looking at the script, the Give Chase link is actually commented out and it just points back to the choice menu. Even if you go to the give chase option in the script, that part just points back. It looks like that part either wasn't written or was not included in this version.

"Give chase...":
#jump ep1p3givechase
jump ep1p3campchoice
As the Dev stated in the (now) public Patreon post, this Path is completely missing. URL to the Post:

Just make a save at this Point. And whenever this Beta Version gets updated with the missing content, you can try it from there. Well, as long as the Dev keeps Save File compatibility.

Last edited:

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
Choices differ in the kind of dialogue or scene differences. Not all of them are obviously implemented since it's only the first Episode, but the choices are all tracked and will have some influence over things.

Also, that scene is the same no matter the path. It's supposed to be Kino playing a joke on the MC since it's alluding to some... intense non-consensual hand-holding sessions with the Hobgoblin.
ok thanks but forced isn´t for me i like to have a choice if i want something more with a LI but since it is forced choices doesn´t matter i deleted it

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
I think you actually need to go back and read exactly why it's not there. It's been explained already.

MagnaSonic3000

Jan 22, 2018
Why? From what I gather, I think it's just the perspective of Leo and Mina, it's just a POV swap.

woofer90

Jul 27, 2020
At first i want to thank the dev for sharing his game, personally i found it quite interesting and promissing, i`m looking forward to see what else will be coming in the future.

Now the real reason for this post, as someone that would like to support the development, if the dev or anyone more familiar with the game could answer any of these questions, i would appreciate.

1) Development cycle - From what i saw this update took quite a while to come out, please correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like it took around 9 months between releases, Is this the expected time frame for new updates or can we expect faster updates in the future ? Apparently there where personal issues during the development, combined with the fact that this is from what i gathered, a hobby for the dev, i can understand the long cycle, but its still a hard sell supporting a game that takes so long between updates.

2) How long is the game going to be? Self explanatory and pretty much in sync with the 1st question, this is my preference mostly but i would like to have an idea of how long would it take for the game to be completed, its quite common to see devs with crazy plans with games that would take 7, 8, 10 years even or more to be finished, which again to me and many others i believe is another hard sell.

This last topic is more of a suggestion to the dev, but if i could recommend something it would be to improve promotion of the game, as i said before i enjoyed what i saw and wish to see it grow, but we cannot be ignorant of the reality of this, many of these games live and die by the support they get, i understand this is a hobby for the dev, still even with other responsabilities that take precedence, a stronger support to the game would certainly help keep this hobby going. I only found this game recently in here, now i cannot claim to know the best way to promote it, but as far as i'm aware this game is only in here and its patreon page, there is no itch.io, discord, cross promotion with other devs on patreon itself, or even on more popular discord channels from this type of game, no one will support a game they dont even know exists, even on f95, i only saw the game because it was in the last updates page, if i came in here say a week later i would never see the game.

I apologize for the long post, and would like to thank in advance anyone that answers these questions aswell as those that read it, as i'm sure they would help not only me but many others, to the dev if you end up reading this, nothing that i wrote is a critic these are genuine concerns from someone that truly enjoyed your work and if well managed would be more than happy to support you.

Again, Thank you all

May 27, 2017
Awesome VN so far! Compelling story, laidback atmosphere, distinct and endearing characters, competent and likeable MC, hot babes, great visuals and renders for the engine being used. The saddest and worst part, there's isn't more and we'd likely have to wait a long time to get more of this greatness. Wish you success and the best of luck in your endeavours, DuckDev Games! :)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: DuckDev Games

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
At first i want to thank the dev for sharing his game, personally i found it quite interesting and promissing, i`m looking forward to see what else will be coming in the future.

Now the real reason for this post, as someone that would like to support the development, if the dev or anyone more familiar with the game could answer any of these questions, i would appreciate.

1) Development cycle - From what i saw this update took quite a while to come out, please correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like it took around 9 months between releases, Is this the expected time frame for new updates or can we expect faster updates in the future ? Apparently there where personal issues during the development, combined with the fact that this is from what i gathered, a hobby for the dev, i can understand the long cycle, but its still a hard sell supporting a game that takes so long between updates.

2) How long is the game going to be? Self explanatory and pretty much in sync with the 1st question, this is my preference mostly but i would like to have an idea of how long would it take for the game to be completed, its quite common to see devs with crazy plans with games that would take 7, 8, 10 years even or more to be finished, which again to me and many others i believe is another hard sell.

This last topic is more of a suggestion to the dev, but if i could recommend something it would be to improve promotion of the game, as i said before i enjoyed what i saw and wish to see it grow, but we cannot be ignorant of the reality of this, many of these games live and die by the support they get, i understand this is a hobby for the dev, still even with other responsabilities that take precedence, a stronger support to the game would certainly help keep this hobby going. I only found this game recently in here, now i cannot claim to know the best way to promote it, but as far as i'm aware this game is only in here and its patreon page, there is no itch.io, discord, cross promotion with other devs on patreon itself, or even on more popular discord channels from this type of game, no one will support a game they dont even know exists, even on f95, i only saw the game because it was in the last updates page, if i came in here say a week later i would never see the game.

I apologize for the long post, and would like to thank in advance anyone that answers these questions aswell as those that read it, as i'm sure they would help not only me but many others, to the dev if you end up reading this, nothing that i wrote is a critic these are genuine concerns from someone that truly enjoyed your work and if well managed would be more than happy to support you.

Again, Thank you all

Again, Thank you all
Hi-Ho!

Appreciate the message, honestly, and I do understand a lot of those are valid concerns so I'll do my best to answer. First thing to remember, is this is something I do completely as a hobby. I do not expect to be given money for this, I enjoy doing it in my spare time, but I'm more than willing to dedicate a lot more time to this if the funding is there; regardless, the game continues either way.

As far as the development cycle is concerned, as I said this is a hobby, and because I work a full-time job it's hard to find time to work on things. This update took so long in-part due to my poor planning of how large the update was going to end up being; all in all there was 1300-1400 renders in total, that's including the cut content that wasn't up to my quality standard. I was only expecting 600-700, so it ended up being almost double in size that I had planned for.

This'll be something I'm looking to address with potentially cutting episodes into even more parts to cut the release window down. I can never give release dates since my available time to work on things can fluctuate, but the game being abandoned should also never be a concern on anyone's mind. Progress may be slow at times, but the train isn't stopping no matter what.

And how long is the game going to be? Honestly, hard to say. I have a general direction I want to go in with the game, and right now the plan is to have the game released in seasons, though I'm not 100% sure how many episodes per season there's going to be. It'll help myself reduce any potential burn-out before it happens, while also giving me time to continue working on aspects of the game like maps, characters etc. while other things are happening.

Finally, I do appreciate the advice. I'm looking to advertise a lot more, pretty busy with work this week, but I've already got an Itch.io running and waiting for approval to increase the upload size so I can actually put it on the platform. Also potentially working on getting a discord up and running at some point.

Thanks for the support! Hope you enjoy the game and continue to follow development :D

BillWillian234

Feb 20, 2020
Amazing game for a first release. I've become a Patreon member and I'm looking forward to more content! Do you have any intentions of setting up a discord at some point?

• Red Heart
Reactions: DuckDev Games

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Amazing game for a first release. I've become a Patreon member and I'm looking forward to more content! Do you have any intentions of setting up a discord at some point?
I do! and thank you for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the game so far. I'll be trying to get a discord setup for hopefully the weekend, will probably be public with patreon exclusive channels etc.

Reactions: AlexaSky
4.30 star(s) 9 Votes