4.30 star(s) 9 Votes

full_full

Jan 25, 2021
View attachment 1894005
Yo! Is me again. Here's a teaser for the upcoming Kino scene in the next update! Also, the maps I needed for the update have all been finished (minor changes need to be made but those will be done during rendering) and now I'll be moving onto the script. That's all I got for you today!
It's really nice to get updates here

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Really enjoyed this so far. I'll be looking forward to future updates. Do you plan to update once every month or so? Also I think not using animations is fine considering you can create new positions not seen in the default animations but custom animations are good too if done well although they might take up a lot of development time.

Reactions: DuckDev Games

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Really enjoyed this so far. I'll be looking forward to future updates. Do you plan to update once every month or so? Also I think not using animations is fine considering you can create new positions not seen in the default animations but custom animations are good too if done well although they might take up a lot of development time.
Glad to hear you liked it! Right now there is no set release schedule for updates. This is partially due to this being more of a hobby for me right now rather than full-time work, but another part is avoiding potentially disappointing people if I cant reach a deadline I publicly set.

I do have my own personal deadlines however. If I feel like an update is just taking too long to produce, then I plan to poll earlier releases for that specific update to see if people want to wait or if they want an immediate release. There isn't a whole lot I can say about animations right now, only that I will eventually be rolling out an update to replace all old scenes in the future with animations, but nothing is set in stone on how that'll be done.

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Glad to hear you liked it! Right now there is no set release schedule for updates. This is partially due to this being more of a hobby for me right now rather than full-time work, but another part is avoiding potentially disappointing people if I cant reach a deadline I publicly set.

I do have my own personal deadlines however. If I feel like an update is just taking too long to produce, then I plan to poll earlier releases for that specific update to see if people want to wait or if they want an immediate release. There isn't a whole lot I can say about animations right now, only that I will eventually be rolling out an update to replace all old scenes in the future with animations, but nothing is set in stone on how that'll be done.
That's reasonable. I only really mention the update thing because I reckon some potential patreon subs would be interested in the frequency of updates before considering their pledge. Also any plans for a subscribestar? Patreon can be a bit unstable due to them limiting the types of content allowed. It might help avoid any future hassle from them.

VermZen

Sep 25, 2020
View attachment 1894005
Yo! Is me again. Here's a teaser for the upcoming Kino scene in the next update! Also, the maps I needed for the update have all been finished (minor changes need to be made but those will be done during rendering) and now I'll be moving onto the script. That's all I got for you today!
Update seems really promising, gonna stay tune

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
That's reasonable. I only really mention the update thing because I reckon some potential patreon subs would be interested in the frequency of updates before considering their pledge. Also any plans for a subscribestar? Patreon can be a bit unstable due to them limiting the types of content allowed. It might help avoid any future hassle from them.
Uhm, I'll probably end up making a Subscriberstar and Ich.io in the future. I don't really foresee any issues popping up with Patreon for The Nobody in a Hero's World since the content will be staying within their guidelines, but I'll open up those platforms anyway at some point for those who want to support through different channels.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Here's a new companion teaser I made public a few days ago. She'll be one of two new companions that pop up in the MC's adventure. The other won't be showing their face until the updates release, however I'll give a cookie to whoever can guess who it could be!
CharaStudio-2022-06-26-01-31-18-Render.png
I have also released a public post addressing some indoor lighting issues I was having with my guild scene map. I'm using a bit of a band-aid fix to get around the problem for now, and will be practicing a LOT of indoor lighting for future updates so I don't run into the same issue again in the future. Check out the post

Mad_Doc

Game Developer
Jul 5, 2022
KK game that actually looks good? What is this sorcery? ;)
Premise of the story is rather cliche and overused - isekai truck... which is a bit of a shame 'cause otherwise the writing is decent: the characters, dialogues, world building.
Looking forward to 'animation update'. GL

May 29, 2022
Game looks REALLY nice compared to other KK-asset games I have seen here. Are you using KKUTS? But my only complaint is the inclusion of Kinoko Kino (i think that's her name?) While she is cute, after all she was one of the winning cards in the Koikatsu Discord's Fantasy Character Contest (and seeing her here seems really immersion-breaking, as she has been overused A LOT.)

It's too bad that the scenes aren't animated (Which I do understand wanting to use custom animations, good luck with Timeline as I never learnt to use that because it looks very complicated to me o_O) A lot of KK-asset games use the default animations which have been used to tons, but non-animated scenes are better than no scenes! :whistle:

While I don't have enough time to actually play the game, I'll watch your career with great interest. Godspeed (y)

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Game looks REALLY nice compared to other KK-asset games I have seen here.
Definitely pretty good but off the top of my head I still think the best looking Koikatsu games on here are the likes of Heros Harem Guild and A Better Place.
But my only complaint is the inclusion of Kinoko Kino (i think that's her name?) While she is cute, after all she was one of the winning cards in the Koikatsu Discord's Fantasy Character Contest (and seeing her here seems really immersion-breaking, as she has been overused A LOT.)
Really? I think this is my first time encountering any kind of mushroom girl in any of these games. Is this a similar situation to when two separate games I follow basically copied Hellhound directly from the Monster Girl Encyclopedia? (not that it ever really bothered me)

My only possible issue with Kino is that the inclusion of a minigirl companion in any NSFW media always gets my hopes up for the related fetish but those hopes are dashed 90% of the time by size-changing shenanigans being a prerequisite for full-on sex. So far it's not looking like this will be one of the exceptions sadly.

May 29, 2022
Definitely pretty good but off the top of my head I still think the best looking Koikatsu games on here are the likes of Heros Harem Guild and A Better Place.

Really? I think this is my first time encountering any kind of mushroom girl in any of these games. Is this a similar situation to when two separate games I follow basically copied Hellhound directly from the Monster Girl Encyclopedia? (not that it ever really bothered me)

My only possible issue with Kino is that the inclusion of a minigirl companion in any NSFW media always gets my hopes up for the related fetish but those hopes are dashed 90% of the time by size-changing shenanigans being a prerequisite for full-on sex. So far it's not looking like this will be one of the exceptions sadly.
For the Kino situation, you'd only really understand it if you were in the Koikatsu Discord server. I'm not referring to her in use of games, only the card itself. Hero's Harem Guild and A Better Place definitely have amazing visuals, but this one is just Top Notch. Chefs kiss. I do get what you mean about the "minigirl companion" and I do wish more devs made it so we can fuck the "smaller" ladies. But would simply a characters size (height) would break Rule 7?

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Game looks REALLY nice compared to other KK-asset games I have seen here. Are you using KKUTS? But my only complaint is the inclusion of Kinoko Kino (i think that's her name?) While she is cute, after all she was one of the winning cards in the Koikatsu Discord's Fantasy Character Contest (and seeing her here seems really immersion-breaking, as she has been overused A LOT.)
Currently I'm using KKUTS for environments and Vanilla+ for character lighting. I hate how finicky KKUTS can be to use with characters, as well as how it strips down skin overlays for some reason so I chose to just use Vanilla+ with custom lighting techniques to make it look somewhat similar.

As far as the Kino stuff goes, I wanted to include a race of characters that aren't just the typical fantasy races and the original Kinoko was more of an adorable inspiration for the Myconids. For this games Kino I just stripped down the original to make a preset I could use for new characters in the future (kept the chibi model and mushroom head) and made alterations from there.

I do get what you mean about the "minigirl companion" and I do wish more devs made it so we can fuck the "smaller" ladies. But would simply a characters size (height) would break Rule 7?
I believe it would technically break Rule 7 to lewd smaller Kino, but the more pressing issue would be potential issues arising from Patreon and their hard stance against loli-ish content, which smaller Kino would absolutely fall under. Personally, I wouldn't be against adding lewd content for smaller Kino despite it not being a fetish I'm particularly interested in myself, however I think the risks of angering Patreon and having to rework/remove all of the Kino content is too big of a risk to take since, chances are, I'd be asked to remove her from the game entirely and not just the +18 content.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
CharaStudio-2022-07-06-20-33-10-Render.png
Sup hydro homies! Here's the other two guild girls that you'll be seeing in the next update. One of these girls is planned for a scene, though I'll probably cave and give both a scene. I also made a lengthy update post you can check out if you're a patreon, and I'll be most likely making the post public in the next few days.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Yo! Doing an earlier release poll on my Patreon for the next update. The update is turning out to be much larger than I had planned for, and currently I'm sitting at around 350 ish renders and only now getting around to getting out of Windvale. If people vote for an earlier release, I'll be adding an additional Kino scene that's influenced by a decision made back in the Goblin Cave.

You can check it out if you're a patron already. The poll will be up for at least a week so if you want to join at the lowest tier and cast your own vote then there's plenty of time for it!

4.30 star(s) 9 Votes