4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

PsybehrWolf

Apr 16, 2020
Really enjoyed the playthrough, as it was a whole lotta fun! Nice to play an Isekai game that doesn't have the MC being THE Hero! Makes for a more amusing story-telling in some ways! Glad to see that you are planning to bring the Gobo Girl back, because I had some fun with Riko....and would love to see a round 2, 3, and more...
The only problem I did have though came at the end when I tried to save before the last screen, so I am including the traceback. No matter haw many times I tried, it wouldn't let me. I don't mind though as I will play from the beginning anyways, but I thought I'd bring this to your attention since I don't see it mentioned by anyone else. Here's to more fun in the future!

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
The only problem I did have though came at the end when I tried to save before the last screen, so I am including the traceback. No matter haw many times I tried, it wouldn't let me. I don't mind though as I will play from the beginning anyways, but I thought I'd bring this to your attention since I don't see it mentioned by anyone else. Here's to more fun in the future!
That's a problem on your end.
It's says you don't have permission to save so try moving it to "C:\Games\TNIHW-Episode1Part1-pc"

Sometimes special characters in the path can cause problems, seeing as you're using Windows 10 it could be you put it in a protected folder like "C:\Program Files" which can cause issues, or the account you're using has only read access to the folder.

https://f95zone.to/threads/error.88172/

Reactions: PsybehrWolf

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
DuckDev Games I am glad to see that goblin waifu's are getting some love.

Although just a note, with those optional tags being voted on that are niche, I would make it avoidable not skippable (i.e. non-cannon if they player chooses to avoid).

I would also suggest listing tags that will never be in there, since you have (not NTR) next to cheating, I am assuming that would be one of them, so would be worth mentioning after since some may think it could still be voted on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would also apply that to certain tags that just don't fit the theme of the game. (e.g. in a harem game, you don't add sharing or whoring out of LIs... cause then it is no longer a harem game, just a game that possibly has a harem route)

Last edited:

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
DuckDev Games I am glad to see that goblin waifu's are getting some love.

Although just a note, with those optional tags being voted on that are niche, I would make it avoidable not skippable (i.e. non-cannon if they player chooses to avoid).

I would also suggest listing tags that will never be in there, since you have (not NTR) next to cheating, I am assuming that would be one of them, so would be worth mentioning after since some may think it could still be voted on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would also apply that to certain tags that just don't fit the theme of the game. (e.g. in a harem game, you don't add sharing or whoring out of LIs... cause then it is no longer a harem game, just a game that possibly has a harem route)
Skippable was just a poor choice of words on my part; Niches will be avoidable for those who don't want to see them, and they will receive a completely different scene that can be worked into the story rather than it be a non-cannon choice as I would like to have player impact choices. Ultimately though, if there isn't much of an audience for a specific niche added to a poll then it will be shelved for a later date or ignored entirely unless there is enough development time to add a shorter, avoidable scene.

You'll be pleased to hear votes won't be influencing girls content in that kind of way. If the type of content wouldn't make sense for their character, then they either will never receive that kind of content OR at the very least they will get it when it would actually make sense for them too as they evolve as a character. Also, all voting is purely opinion based rather than set in stone decisions.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
Hallo, just come to notify people that I have started posting some preview tidbits onto my Patreon. Some (not all) of the posts will be made public after a few days, and I will be trying to post relatively frequent updates in whatever spare time I have. Eventually I'll be doing a much larger blog post about the update, most likely next week or the week after. Thanks!

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
Some (not all) of the posts will be made public after a few days
A dev that understands marketing is a good sign this will stay around :D Seen many put everything behind a paywall then wonder why they hardly get any traffic... When you do start polls tease what the options are as that will get people more interested then just saying it's another paywall poll that only paying fans know exist ;)

Reactions: DuckDev Games

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
A dev that understands marketing is a good sign this will stay around :D Seen many put everything behind a paywall then wonder why they hardly get any traffic... When you do start polls tease what the options are as that will get people more interested then just saying it's another paywall poll that only paying fans know exist ;)
I'd like to make the poll content always transparent publicly, while voting itself will be for Patrons. There'll be occasions where that might not be the case, but I cant say for sure until I start doing some polls :)

Reactions: vilewe7570

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
I'd like to make the poll content always transparent publicly, while voting itself will be for Patrons. There'll be occasions where that might not be the case, but I cant say for sure until I start doing some polls :)
Knowing what's at stake will get some fans to jump onboard. Showing what the current votes are in real time could skew results as if fans see there is already a clear winner they likely wouldn't choose options that they might have otherwise or conclude they were defeated before even trying.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
So, I posed this to my Patreon a few days ago but I've since made the post public if you want to check it out. Here's a quick preview of one of the three Windvale Adventure guild girls that'll be coming up in the next update (and, the best part is she'll be getting a scene!).
1655859648537.png

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I liked this, it wasn't a chore to read and the CGs are fairly good.
But here I am to shout this from the heavens for the umpteenth time,
PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER YOU PRAY TO, GET RID OF THE DEFAULT RENPY UI AND FONT.
It's my only request, it's three pngs and a free font or two (one for names another for text maybe?)
Nothing takes me out of a project more than seeing default user interface baloney.

Anyway, I do have high hopes for you, Duck. Good luck.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
I liked this, it wasn't a chore to read and the CGs are fairly good.
But here I am to shout this from the heavens for the umpteenth time,
PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER YOU PRAY TO, GET RID OF THE DEFAULT RENPY UI AND FONT.
It's my only request, it's three pngs and a free font or two (one for names another for text maybe?)
Nothing takes me out of a project more than seeing default user interface baloney.

Anyway, I do have high hopes for you, Duck. Good luck.
There'll be some UI changes eventually, probably in the next update. Problem is, without this being my main job I don't have a HUGE amount of development time to work with, and all of that time I do have is focused entirely on getting the main content of the game completed and released.

Smaller additions like UI updates and music etc. can all be added at a later date or in a small patch after the beta/public releases, so generally it takes a backseat priority when it comes to my development time usage. However, I am glad to receive whatever feedback/criticism I can and I will absolutely look into changing it for the next update, glad you enjoyed the game and hope you keep a look out for the next update :).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
There'll be some UI changes eventually, probably in the next update. Problem is, without this being my main job I don't have a HUGE amount of development time to work with, and all of that time I do have is focused entirely on getting the main content of the game completed and released.

Smaller additions like UI updates and music etc. can all be added at a later date or in a small patch after the beta/public releases, so generally it takes a backseat priority when it comes to my development time usage. However, I am glad to receive whatever feedback/criticism I can and I will absolutely look into changing it for the next update, glad you enjoyed the game and hope you keep a look out for the next update :).
Changing fonts is nice but there is a reason Ren'Py uses DejaVu as it's easy to read. If you ever consider really fancy fonts, like cursive, perhaps remind players how to access the Accessibility Menu with Shift+A or use that as a template to incorporate more font options :)

RyukXaos

Aug 29, 2020
loses points for not being animated, even if you don't like the default koikatsu animations they're still better than still frames, might as well go to r34 if you want to see still frames, and you can replace/upgrade them later. But it does have potential.
Complaints about still images aside it does stand out among other koi games so I'll keep watching it for now.

DuckDev Games

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2022
loses points for not being animated, even if you don't like the default koikatsu animations they're still better than still frames, might as well go to r34 if you want to see still frames, and you can replace/upgrade them later. But it does have potential.
Complaints about still images aside it does stand out among other koi games so I'll keep watching it for now.
Animation update is already planned to be rolled out once I am able to make my own custom animations. The animations in Koi are bland, uninteresting and overused in other games so I would prefer to avoid using them; it's the same reason why my maps (with the exception of one) are all custom made, because I want them to be unique to my game only.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes