2.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
So, you can just not play such games. I and many other people think, that MTL English is better then Japanese.
But I will not play this game before it will be translated completely, I hope it will be.
Or you could.... I don't know. not play the game? Just a thought.
Dude, MTL is super misleading. Literally any game can be posted here with the snap of a finger if MTL is allowed. IDK bout you but I find it quite anticlimactic to see a game I enjoy get translated, only to get a big fat "nah not really" slapped in the face.

Also, one thing you might not be aware of is that MTL makes it less likely the game will get a proper translation in the future, cause any fan translator seeing the game would think ppl have already "played" this game.

If you want MTL you can do it yourself: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-auto-translator.1531/

Reactions: 4rn4ld0

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Also, one thing you might not be aware of is that MTL makes it less likely the game will get a proper translation in the future, cause any fan translator seeing the game would think ppl have already "played" this game.

If you want MTL you can do it yourself: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpg-maker-auto-translator.1531/
I don't agree with that argument because it is a cop out. It is just a convenient argument to justify hate for machine translations. It could be true, but it could be false as well. It depends on a lot of factors and there is no way to provide evidence one way or another to support either side of the argument. It is semantics. just because I find someone who picks up an MTL and fixes it does not mean I have proved you wrong and if you found a case where someone quits a translation doesn't make me wrong. It is conditional, both possibilities are equally possible.

Banning just leads to confusion and there really isn't much ground for banning MTLs besides "some people don't like it" what about the other side the people who do? It is kind of selfish to think only of yourself and what you want and not the larger population. This site is for more then just you or I.

Also fun fact, most MTLs people complain about I believe are done with auto translator because it breaks the fuck out of your game script and it is a quick and dirty program which also creates tons of bugs. I can't prove it but I feel most buggy messes of translations come out of RPG auto translate. It is kinda ironic that by suggesting the program you are just creating more of what you hate.

Bottom line, I am not gonna waste your time trying to convince you to see things from another perspective, you obviously have legitimate reasons to feel jaded by bad translations, but just think about the picture from a different perspective an you might see it is just easier to ignore things you don't care for.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Banning just leads to confusion and there really isn't much ground for banning MTLs besides "some people don't like it" what about the other side the people who do? It is kind of selfish to think only of yourself and what you want and not the larger population. This site is for more then just you or I.
No, on the contrary, banning leads to more clarity cause then you could depend on the games released here actually being understandable. Most of these newer MTL games that was posted here can't even reasonably be called "english" despite the site rules says all games have to be in english.

Literally any game can be posted here as long as this crap is allowed. Want me to find a dozen of RPGM games and just mash them trough the auto-translator then upload them here just to prove my point? There need to be bar set on the language quality, or we might as well also allow different language games here.

Last edited:

Datbel

Aug 2, 2017
it looks like it came out of SVSComics again. Alot of games have been coming out of there as of late.
Who translated this?
It's literally just from one person uploading it. It's Stigmata, a user from svs. He has 'translated' (and even with that it's still being used loosely) tons of games since around November.

Same signature translation style; Machine Translation, Script overexceeds the Text Box, Music Reduced to 0 when he posts it.

Sometimes he breaks the games that he translates and still puts it out there. Saves get corrupted, the script gets screwed, sometimes he screws up the image translation because he's pumping them out so fast. It's not impressive, he's just putting it through a machine translation and calling it his own.

He even posts translations that were translated by others (like Kagura Games) and states 'Professional Manual Translation' as if he's trying to get clout.

They need to put (MTL Translation) and (Stigmata) together, he is the one translating everything.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
If is MTL then is shit.
Not when done right.. MTL then finish with common sense and research. Long time ago when I had a lot of time I did an MTL translation then looked up words that were not translated and made the sentence make sense. Straight MTL is just laziness as you could run it through a scrip translator then recompile.. no real work involved.

1. Decrompress game
2. Run the script translator on the data folder
3. Recompile

done.. pure laziness could do this in just a few hours at most.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Not when done right.. MTL then finish with common sense and research. Long time ago when I had a lot of time I did an MTL translation then looked up words that were not translated and made the sentence make sense. Straight MTL is just laziness as you could run it through a scrip translator then recompile.. no real work involved.

1. Decrompress game
2. Run the script translator on the data folder
3. Recompile

done.. pure laziness could do this in just a few hours at most.
Seems like that is what Stigmata is doing. Pumping out lazy translations. If he was editing them or putting in at least some effort is one thing, shit I don't even mind bad translations if you try. Just if your sending out broken games that is just another thing entirely.

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
Femeale or Male Protagonist?????? I'm confused? Wait it's fucking censured!! No thanks.
I seriously gotta wonder why so many people are upset with censorship in Japanese games. Don't these people know it been part of Japanese law to censor things like this for centuries........ Just wiki Japanese censorship people before you make complaints on forums like these. Also in a lot of cases the reason Japanese games like these that are uncensored it's partly due to 3rd parties uncensoring them.

2.00 star(s) 3 Votes