Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
I may be remembering wrong, but is implied that the mission Jean goes on the start of the game is to check on your university/Farouk trail, the reason her power is messed up being some fuckery of the Shadow King, so unfortunally i think Null wasn't able to seal him, the millenia old mutant still being around to screw around in the world. That said it would be a fun alternative plotline, Farouk being a kind of devil on the MCs shoulder. As things are now i'm guessing Farouk evaded the X-men Team Xavier send with Jean, or just had a mock combat with them to play around, but meanwhile noticed Charles mental locks on Jean's mind and put a small crack in that so see what happens/create a problem to Charles deal with while he disappears for now.

Yeah, even in the show, Legion, is implied Xavier erased his own memory of David to prevent people to find him, meanwhile on X-Men Evolution Charles just didn't know until David called him, while coming out with this theory i had the thought that maybe something would come up on Null exams in the infirmary, then i kinda of dismissed it because Reyes just running a random parternity test on Charles for Null sounded really silly lol So yeah MC being in the foster system and the Family/no Family option just meaning if you were adopted or not kinda of makes sense, since Gabrielle Haller dies when he is young on the comics, if the theory holds this version may died too just not in a super traumatic event that awoke his powers.
Well, the Shadow King is quite powerful and disembodied
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
Well, the Shadow King is quite powerful and disembodied
I may be wrong, but didn't Farouk only becomes Disembodied after losing to Xavier then having his mind kicked to the astral plane and his body sealed away? Or at leas that is what happens in the Legion show, i was under the impression from the opening of the game that Farouk still has his physical body, then again he is totally powerful enough to pull the ilussion of that.
Personally i don't like the idea of Farouk being imprisioned in Null's mind because it seems to create to many plotholes, like if he was against his will the moment the MC turns off his nullification powers in training he should get at least a splitting headache or something implying the Shadow King is trying to crawl his way out. And if not, if it is his plan, while totally working for a corruption type of game this one is just not that, so Farouk just being quiet in the background instead of trying o push the MC into something like manipulating the girls and assembling a powerful team to kick Charles ass for example is just a wasted opportunity on his part... Then again with Null personality Farouk may be like: You know what? Let him cock lol

cannavaro99

Mar 29, 2020
I may be wrong, but didn't Farouk only becomes Disembodied after losing to Xavier then having his mind kicked to the astral plane and his body sealed away? Or at leas that is what happens in the Legion show, i was under the impression from the opening of the game that Farouk still has his physical body, then again he is totally powerful enough to pull the ilussion of that.

Personally i don't like the idea of Farouk being imprisioned in Null's mind because it seems to create to many plotholes, like if he was against his will the moment the MC turns off his nullification powers in training he should get at least a splitting headache or something implying the Shadow King is trying to crawl his way out. And if not, if it is his plan, while totally working for a corruption type of game this one is just not that, so Farouk just being quiet in the background instead of trying o push the MC into something like manipulating the girls and assembling a powerful team to kick Charles ass for example is just a wasted opportunity on his part... Then again with Null personality Farouk may be like: You know what? Let him cock lol
/s what if he's imprisoned in Null's BALLS.
Plot twist.:unsure:

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022

From what I gather, Charles already encountered him in the version of reality we are in as Null. The Shadow King is described as a disembodied manifestation of darkness and nightmares that possessed Farouk as it does other Telepaths. Farouk was just another puppet.

Reactions: Elodrass

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
From what I gather, Charles already encountered him in the version of reality we are in as Null. The Shadow King is described as a disembodied manifestation of darkness and nightmares that possessed Farouk as it does other Telepaths. Farouk was just another puppet.
Interesting, yeah Charles and Farouk having dealt with each other before seem to be implied, but the vibes i get from this game Professor X are similar to the X-Men Evolution Xavier, like as long as other mutants are keeping a low profile and don't messing around to much he isn't going to start shit either, that is why i think they meet but didn't had a real Clash like in Legion with young Charles shoving him to the Astral Plane.

As for Farouk and the Shadow King, ngl i prefer way more the version from Legion in wish they are one and the same, he just being a really old, powerful mutant and master telepath instead of a ambigous and convoluted "manifestation of darkness" possessing a mutant. Makes the character way more interesting imo

Reactions: Mutation8888

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
Wait, did Logan meant we had to DRAW on Charles Head?! lol
I was under the impression it was more of a Smiley Sticker you had to place on the back of his head while being sneaky

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
Yeah, if you read the datalogs (which a lot of people haven't, and if you haven't you're missing out on a lot), this isn't the first meeting between the two. And if you know the comics, you'll know that he only ever gets stronger after every defeat.

Reactions: Mutation8888

Elodrass

May 20, 2019
i mean...mc does not know shadowcat and laura acts like a feral kitten that you teach to act more normally in society :p
Fair point, also thinking about it she had that interaction with the stray black cat with amber eyes iirc, so yeah kitten would be fitting petname, added benefit if you give Laura a colar with a bell so she can't sneak so easily on you in the future :ROFLMAO:

Another benefit if we get a dominating route with Laura, and pair it with yours being Daddy, is that the MC can hit Logan with "You can be her Father, but i'm her Daddy."

Mutation8888

Jun 15, 2022
Yeah, if you read the datalogs (which a lot of people haven't, and if you haven't you're missing out on a lot), this isn't the first meeting between the two. And if you know the comics, you'll know that he only ever gets stronger after every defeat.
I notice some new dialogue occasionally added with each new version as well. Starting over to see new things is not a bad thing and helps iron out any potential bugs as they are detected.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes