ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Nice, then we and the bros can "pretend" to be boyfriends, and in a few years "pretend" to marry. Now seriously, that'd be comedy gold - just imagine taking their hand in marriage, pure hilarity.
Hidden nightcrawler route. :KEK:

But uh, 'force the player to go on a date with one of the girls' hm? I'm curious as to how y'all do that. I mean, dates are pretty self-explanatory, so what's the context for the tutorial part?
Actively discussing it right now actually.

I won't go into it though.

Rather not get people's hopes up with ideas that we may not decide to use.

Oct 21, 2019
So what kind of kinks will there be in the game? Is it a wide range of kinks so most people should feel right at home or will there be mostly vanilla stuff?

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
So what kind of kinks will there be in the game? Is it a wide range of kinks so most people should feel right at home or will there be mostly vanilla stuff?
BDSM is solidly confirmed. Pregnancy mentioned as a future plan. Harem likely. Depending on which girls are added Monster-girls are possible. That'd also be up to how you define monster-girl.

No non-con

Before development started in earnest the dev was big on making the game accessible to modders. Someone else can mod kinks in.

Most people feel at home with vanilla by definition. Though I doubt all the relationships will be wholesome or romantic.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
So what kind of kinks will there be in the game?
BDSM is solidly confirmed.
Yep. In a later update. It will fundamentally be a separate sex system so we want to give it love and care and not have it be the regular sex system with blindfolds and extra spanking.

Pregnancy mentioned as a future plan.
We have a lot of solid ideas and think we've figured out how we want to treat it but we will be saving it for later as to make sure the core experience is good.

Harem likely.
We prefer the term polyamory but yeah.

Depending on which girls are added Monster-girls are possible. That'd also be up to how you define monster-girl.
If we add Wolfsbane and Magik's demon form then yeah. Arguably Marrow but that's if we add them.

No non-con
All sexual acts performed in game will be mutually consented to.

Before development started in earnest the dev was big on making the game accessible to modders. Someone else can mod kinks in.
To my knowledge this hasn't been changed. Overhauling systems may be a bit difficult but adding new girls, clothing, music, etc should be possible for anyone with modding skills.

Adding custom ringtones and phone skins has been discussed at length.

Though I doubt all the relationships will be wholesome or romantic.
One we have been discussing is objectively toxic.

The "personality quirk" system we're working on very much makes things not wholesome by introducing various kinks that I will not be sharing right now as the first release will have it on full display for Rogue, Jean, and X-23.

I asked the head dev if renpy could have engaging bowling mini-game. If it does, I will have our resident Slavic X-Guy call you up to go bowling.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Yep. In a later update. It will fundamentally be a separate sex system so we want to give it love and care and not have it be the regular sex system with blindfolds and extra spanking.
What'll separate it from the regular sex? Will animations be different?

I ask, but I admit that I'll never use it. A partner is to, at the extreme, be treated like a pet or as a free to use "slave" - never like that. By the way, any plans for free-using, Shiny? I lived off of that.

We have a lot of solid ideas and think we've figured out how we want to treat it but we will be saving it for later as to make sure the core experience is good.
What changed since last time you spoke about it? It was still in talks when you last let us know about it.

All sexual acts performed in game will be mutually consented to.
You forgot to say that light corruption is planned. It'll be consensual, but it's related to a lack of perception about one's responsabilities and restraints when it comes to perversion - that's as close to a lack of consent as you get without going consentless.

Adding custom ringtones and phone skins has been discussed at length.
I've actually found the perfect ringtone since mentioning Banana Man, I'm excited.

One we have been discussing is objectively toxic.

The "personality quirk" system we're working on very much makes things not wholesome by introducing various kinks that I will not be sharing right now as the first release will have it on full display for Rogue, Jean, and X-23.
I'm glad I read that extra bit about Laura, can't wait to see how you'll translate all of that into the game. Me and Holder have a theory about Rogue, but Jean's still a mistery to me - although I'm hoping it's similar to the idea we have for Rogue.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
What'll separate it from the regular sex? Will animations be different?
Yes and yes. It's why it won't be part of the initial uploads and I have no idea when we'll begin. I just know that we have it outlined. We talked about it a lot and we're gonna talk about it a lot more because we're not gonna 50 Shades it.

By the way, any plans for free-using, Shiny? I lived off of that.
Tell me your definition of free use first.

What changed since last time you spoke about it? It was still in talks when you last let us know about it.
I think I've mentioned this before but I'll say it here to so people don't have to go post hunting but in the comics the X-Men get a second academy. The original is turned into a school for college aged students and the second is made for primary education.

The general consensus is that kids will be sent there.

We haven't gone into discussion about the system behind it or anything technical I'm just mentioning that a lot of discussion has and continues to be had and at the time of this writing I can say pregnancy will be introduced eventually.

You forgot to say that light corruption is planned. It'll be consensual, but it's related to a lack of perception about one's responsabilities and restraints when it comes to perversion - that's as close to a lack of consent as you get without going consentless.
Essentially. The player won't have the option of being outright abusive to any of the girls but you can enable or suggest "bad" behaviors. None of it will disrupt the timeline but you can push them to lean into unhealthy coping mechanisms that just means kinkier sex.

I will make a note that not enabling their "bad" behavior won't lock you out of kinky sex or force you into vanilla only content.

Things just take on a different tone and you'll get different dialogue during normal conversation and during sex.

Me and Holder have a theory about Rogue, but Jean's still a mistery to me - although I'm hoping it's similar to the idea we have for Rogue.
I REALLY want to tell you guys our plans but I've been explicitly been told to keep quiet. I just ask you not get too disappointed if their quirks are not what you're expecting.

I will confirm that all three girls, and future girls, have distinctly different quirks and we will be putting effort into avoiding overlap.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Tell me your definition of free use first.
You're a mannered, controlled and controlling, sex freak. You come home after work and your wife is doing chores around the house, she goes and starts organizing your part of the closet - it's clear she's, as well as you are, tired. And in any other marriage you'd be told to stop it, but you pull down her clothes and have your way with her without a single complaint, rather, she's accepting - if a bit indifferent - even if it's an uncomfortable place, during a busy moment of day-to-day life.
The moment you're finished, regardless if she is, everything goes back to normal. Your free pass always usable.

That, uh... clear? We get that in any way with Null?

We haven't gone into discussion about the system behind it or anything technical I'm just mentioning that a lot of discussion has and continues to be had and at the time of this writing I can say pregnancy will be introduced eventually.
I'll write any number of new thesis on the matter if you'd like me to. But y'know what I'm fighting for, I want for Null to be someone we can see, along with his children.

None of it will disrupt the timeline but you can push them to lean into unhealthy coping mechanisms that just means kinkier sex.

I will make a note that not enabling their "bad" behavior won't lock you out of kinky sex or force you into vanilla only content.

Things just take on a different tone and you'll get different dialogue during normal conversation and during sex.
I'm in favor of all three of these designs.

I REALLY want to tell you guys our plans but I've been explicitly been told to keep quiet. I just ask you not get too disappointed if their quirks are not what you're expecting.

I will confirm that all three girls, and future girls, have distinctly different quirks and we will be putting effort into avoiding overlap.
The game's coming sooner than later, we'll get their quirks eventually. Let it be a secret 'till then.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Free juice
That seems like something that'd just be an event mostly in flavor text for specific girls.

You walk into her room, she's studying, if you discussed it before you just drop trow. Maybe she's stayed in the classroom to grade papers after class. I doubt they'd make bespoke art for it outside a story for a girl who's all about that.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
That seems like something that'd just be an event mostly in flavor text for specific girls.

You walk into her room, she's studying, if you discussed it before you just drop trow. Maybe she's stayed in the classroom to grade papers after class. I doubt they'd make bespoke art for it outside a story for a girl who's all about that.
Free juice is all about context. It's not about alternate... anything, it's that sweet bit of knowledge that you can do it whateva' wheneva'.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Free juice is all about context. It's not about alternate... anything, it's that sweet bit of knowledge that you can do it whateva' wheneva'.
I just don't see a satisfying way for that to be implemented given what I know of the RLE framework.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
I just don't see a satisfying way for that to be implemented given what I know of the RLE framework.
First Step - see a girl, she's doing something. You didn't consent to that now, did you? You have your own needs.

Second Step - approach the girl, don't interrupt what she's doing. Or do since games always believe you'll only approach someone if you want their attention. So far tho', everything is according to what RLE taught us about woman-kind.

[Let us approach her without saying anything something we can only do when the stats between Null and the girl are high enough. Alternatively, set that as just a thing that happens between lovers or sex-friends - maybe let them come up with the idea or give us the prompt to bring up the idea.]

Third Step - touch the girl in any perverted spot, let her decide if it is or isn't alright as she just goes on about her business. Further in step five.

Fourth Step - no words needed, if the girl doesn't shove you across the room with her mind/drains your life force/slices you into pieces: remove her clothing.

Fifth Step - commence intercourse as normal. The context just changed and now she compliments you and moans as usual.

(I'm just being funny, don't take it as condescending. If anything, I lack the will and intelligence to try and present it in any other form but a satire - with the context that this will be a game in mind.)

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
That, uh... clear? We get that in any way with Null?
That would take a lot of effort. I'll have to bring it up with the team.

I want for Null to be someone we can see, along with his children.
We have been discussing unlockable "CGs" of various moments. One with your kid could be possible, and with layering and stuff your character's skin color shouldn't be harder to do than for sex scenes.

If you've ever played a game called S.H.E.L.T.E.R, I've been advocating for post birth CGs like that game.

At this point comparisons to RLE are becoming harder and harder to make. Really the only resemblance these days is that it's an X-Men parody.

We've fully transitioned from trainer to dating sim.

I've seen a demo of our first major story event and Jesus Christ am I hard for completely non-sex related reasons lmao

Thats basically how every plathrough of RLE ends up, just doing whatever to whoever, wherever, whenever
Not the case with us. In fact I think there's discussion about potential mood synergy system. Meaning a girl will turn you down under certain context.

Though that's not gonna be for the first release.

I will also mention that we've also made it that you won't be able to cheese your way into the polyamory route.

Reactions: Crichton

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
We have been discussing unlockable "CGs" of various moments. One with your kid could be possible, and with layering and stuff your character's skin color shouldn't be harder to do than for sex scenes.

If you've ever played a game called S.H.E.L.T.E.R, I've been advocating for post birth CGs like that game.
Layering skin colors for images of our character was always what I had in mind. Seems only logical to not waste too much time on the guy if we'll mostly be just looking at his body.

I've played it, but I don't remember that part. I remember cribs being added to a character's room after they gave birth - or maybe I'm misremembering it.

We've fully transitioned from trainer to dating sim.
I'm unsure of how to feel about that, I liked the trainer aspects of RLE - I figured you guys would do well with it.
Is it a linear dating sim? Is there any sandbox? Any stats to increase outside of scripted events?

I will also mention that we've also made it that you won't be able to cheese your way into the polyamory route.
What do you mean? I get the route part, but how do you cheese into polyamory?

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
We're still getting post story sandbox each chapter, right? Can stats gained during that be carried over to the next chapter?

I suppose in my heart I knew it wasn't a trainer any more, but it feels odd to see it in writing. I'm still just as excited to play it.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes