ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Is it a linear dating sim?
It follows a singular plot but you will be able to affect various variables. Characters will react to your actions in the short term and long term. How you treat someone and what you do during important moments will change how people view you.

Is there any sandbox? Any stats to increase outside of scripted events?
Yes. Outside of scripted story events it's 100% a sandbox. You can explore, level up your stats, and have booty calls with girls.

I can't really go into specifics beyond that.

What do you mean? I get the route part, but how do you cheese into polyamory?
Repetition. If you know how to answer questions and what actions to do, you can get every girl in Rogue Like to date you and let you date everyone else in about an hour of real life time if you know what you're doing.

Can't do that in this game.

We're still getting post story sandbox each chapter, right? Can stats gained during that be carried over to the next chapter?
You can sandbox before, in between, and after story. Story events trigger after conditions have been met. You're just sandboxing in between the main events. The sandbox will have random flavor events and you can fully interact with the girls.

Everything will be continued into the next chapter. You can fully romance every girl the chapter they're introduced in but they'll have more story content for you to complete as the events and chapters go on.

I suppose in my heart I knew it wasn't a trainer any more, but it feels odd to see it in writing. I'm still just as excited to play it.
In all honesty, Rogue Like isn't much of a trainer either unless you go down its obedience path. If you just romance and date the girls it's just a sandbox dating sim.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Crichton

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Repetition. If you know how to answer questions and what actions to do, you can get every girl in Rogue Like to date you and let you date everyone else in about an hour of real life time if you know what you're doing.

Can't do that in this game.
You guys keeping the block on conversations rollbacks like 0.3c? That's the biggest killer of going back to get stuff right if you made a mistake.
It's an interesting design to talk about, to both ends it aims to achieve. I'd prefer if it still was a thing since I like testing stuff quickly without too much loading, but if you can still save during conversation... it's whatever, I guess.

The sandbox will have random flavor events and you can fully interact with the girls.
Random flavor events? Can we get at least one example, please?

In all honesty, Rogue Like isn't much of a trainer either unless you go down its obedience path. If you just romance and date the girls it's just a sandbox dating sim.
Yeah - it's concerning because a trainer gives you a clear goal. But I can live with reacting to stuff as they come, being certain of everything you do is kinda what makes RLE such a simple and nice experience - I figure I don't really need two RLEs.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
You guys keeping the block on conversations rollbacks like 0.3c?
Never said we were removing rollbacks. What I am saying is that you can't max out their liking of you without doing any events... Unless we put in that chapter skip option in later builds. :unsure:

Random flavor events? Can we get at least one example, please?
I actually don't know which ones will be going into the first build. I research the characters, give them an outline, and occasionally skim over some scripts.

But we have discussed instances of getting campus alerts, a student breaking something unintentionally because of their power, and random news reports.

They'll switch up as story events happen as well.

I figure I don't really need two RLEs.
I've been saying this since day 1. We don't seek to replace RLE. I still plan on playing it even after this game is in a fully playable state.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
(I always go the obedience route)

I don't want an example of flavor events. Small details feel like bigger spoilers. A full nude of jean, however...

The leaked alpha disallows scrollbacks.

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Can we have an actual demo, Shiny?
No.

Or is the game going that steady that one won't be necessary?
Yes.

The first release will have all 4 semesters with all 3 girls fully romanceable and fuckable.

There will be further updates adding in content we had to cut to keep the early 2023 release. Eventually when we got chapter 1 as complete as we can possibly get it, we'll release an update with the final event that will lead into Chapter 2.

I have no idea how we'll be handling Chapter 2 at the time of writing this and I refuse to comment too much about it because I don't want to get your hopes up for whatever path we choose.

The only thing I will say is that Chapter 1 is meant to set up the world. Chapter 2 and onwards will be following and adapting the comic books.

rick1463

Mar 8, 2019
Chapter 2 and onwards will be following and adapting the comic books.
I love this, so many awesome possibilities. Some of my favorite story arcs are the Claremont-Byrne run, X-Cutioner's Song, Age of Apocalypse, and some of the Morrison run. Hopefully some of those will be touched upon in the game!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I meant updates to the game. Is the game getting updated every three months, which would be quarterly, or every four months, which would make it every trimester.
No idea. We'll see how we go about approaching updates once the first chapter is out. We'll analyze what we have and the work required for future updates.

I've said before Chapter 1 is just setting up the world. All chapters afterwards are dedicated to an overarching story that took place in the X-Men comics.

Rodjrgr

Jul 26, 2018
hey my bd is this week, wdn mind getting a release this month haha. jokes aside tho im really looking forward to this one, take yall time
1677553841750.png

Sacra_Umbra

Oct 7, 2019
I've been in read only this whole time, and now I just want to say that I got a feeling this is gonna be some really good shit. I'm amazed at how all of you guys are so passionate about working and discussing all of it. I'm sooo looking forward to this!

Reactions: Rodrigoleouf
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes