ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I'd consider doing something like unlockable side-scenarios much like (I think) W.I.T.C.H. Trainer does: do a short, non-canon scenario with a couple of characters, then let people go back and replay them.
Does that game do that? If not which one does? Can you link it to me? :unsure:

have 'Alternate Scenarios Written by Someone Who Totally Isn't Ms. Marvel, She's Too Innocent To Write Smut How Dare You'
This is a genius framing device. :ROFLMAO:

available in the Danger Room.
We have a lot of Danger Room shenanigans going on in the writing room. :BootyTime:

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
Does that game do that? If not which one does? Can you link it to me? :unsure:
Sorry, not Witch Trainer, W.I.T.C.H. Hunter, stupid similar names. It has side-content/stories featuring stuff like Wakfu that has no real impact on the main game and you can ignore it if you don't care about it.

This is a genius framing device. :ROFLMAO:

We have a lot of Danger Room shenanigans going on in the writing room. :BootyTime:
Seriously, it's canon that the X-Men use the Danger Room like Riker uses the Holodeck on Star Trek. No one admits to it, but everyone does it.

So, the old geezer has all the memories of Rogue's kinks and sweet nothing's whispers? That's freakish.
He's been deaged about a dozen times by now. Erik was about 10 when the Holocaust happened, but he never looks older than late-40s/earl-50s. Anything with Rogue is basically swept under the rug these days though, no one wants to open that can

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
@ShinyBoots1993 What universe/multiiverse are we in, did you say? Looking at the wiki, damn there's a lot. We going with the old Earth-69.
Earth-69 doesn't exist in the current Marvel universe listing and we thought it too good an opportunity to not take. :p

We don't mention this name.

So, the old geezer has all the memories of Rogue's kinks and sweet nothing's whispers? That's freakish.
Not in our game.

===

This was initially a response to aj1 but it got a little lengthy and so I decided to make it an info dump down here.

The game vaguely begins somewhere in the 2000s. We needed to pick a time period where Magneto and Charles aren't bedridden from old age and this was our best compromise.

Marvel Entertainment is a company on Earth-69 and it is currently ran and operated by Stan Lee. Some super heroes and people associated with super heroes sell their stories to Marvel and they print them. The stories they publish are all of .

At the beginning of the game is the most recently released comic with rumor being the newly joined Nightcrawler having leaked the events of that lead to the All-New, All-Different X-Men joining Xavier's school. So basically every comic published before and shortly after has been released.

Events of stories taking place during and before but were not published until much later such as happened. They just got leaked to Marvel later.

Captain America and all his friends did their things during WW2 as well as most of the early S.H.E.I.L.D and Hydra stuff happening during the Cold War.

This is being done because the sliding timescale is a bitch. Punisher and Nick Fury for example are military veterans. Because of the sliding time scale, the war they fought in has been changed from WW2, to the Korean War, to the Vietnam War, to a whole heap of Middle Eastern stuff.

We're avoiding all that stuff.

To answer potential follow up questions. Yes Rogue is confused as to why she's incredibly misrepresented and X-23 will be wondering why she's never been mentioned before. We're gonna have fun with this, trust me lol :LOL:

Reactions: aj1

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
So it's in the 2000's, but the X-men have been going at it for a while now, right? Doesn't read well, but as long as it's not a pivotal plot point, I guess.

X-23 will be wondering why she's never been mentioned before.
She has been mentioned, or will she be mentioned yet?

This opens up a lot, Shiny. I hope you guys know where you're headed with all of it.

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
This is being done because the sliding timescale is a bitch. Punisher and Nick Fury for example are military veterans. Because of the sliding time scale, the war they fought in has been changed from WW2, to the Korean War, to the Vietnam War, to a whole heap of Middle Eastern stuff.
The timescale works for some things but not others. Like, the Fantastic Four getting their powers 15 years ago from [CURRENT YEAR], Tony Stark becoming Iron Man 12 years ago from [CURRENT YEAR], cool, I get that, no further questions. But yeah, you get stuff like Frank Castle being a Vietnam vet. It doesn't work quite as well if he's a Gulf vet or a War on Terror vet, if anything, that should make him go after people like Cheney and Bush and all the warhawks who pushed for the war in the first place. There was actually an attempt to square those circles a few years back, saying that America was at war with an Asian country that had no relation to Vietnam or Korea around 18 years ago from [CURRENT YEAR], but it has elements of both those wars. I've not seen it come up though, so who knows if it'll stick around or it'll be Marvel's equivelent of DC's Hypertime (hey kids, remember Hypertime? I hear if you ask Mark Waid about it, he refuses to talk to you ever again!)

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
So it's in the 2000's, but the X-men have been going at it for a while now, right? Doesn't read well, but as long as it's not a pivotal plot point, I guess.
Nah. On Earth-69 the X-Men have been around for about 10 years.

While the comic I linked came out in the 70s, Earth 69's publishing dates are not reflective of our own. As these comics are coming out as events happen.

She has been mentioned, or will she be mentioned yet?
You read her solo books. Compared that to the comic I linked XD

This opens up a lot, Shiny. I hope you guys know where you're headed with all of it.
Oh I've outlined things all the way to chapter 4. I kinda went overboard and now I'm just adding more context of what will be chapter 2.

hey kids, remember Hypertime?
I prefer not to.

What's Hypertime, grandpa Butt?
Don't answer this question.

Jeeeebus fucki christ...47 pager and we barely have ver 0.1...
We've been discussing a looooooot of X-Men comics.

Yeah, I had a lot of questions.
Yeah, I had a lot of answers.

Reactions: Eland51298

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Nah. On Earth-69 the X-Men have been around for about 10 years.
While the comic I linked came out in the 70s, Earth 69's publishing dates are not reflective of our own. As these comics are coming out as events happen.
That makes more sense, yeah.

You read her solo books. Compared that to the comic I linked
What?

I prefer not to.
Don't answer this question.
Holder, if you don't answer the question with a thousand funny bits, you're prohibited from playing the game when it comes out.

Yeah, I had a lot of answers.
I gotta say, in the end of the day - I still can't believe that you invented the X-men, Marvel and the idea of comic books, it's been really fun tho'. Wonder what you'll invent next.

• Haha
Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
Reactions: Farajure

Papyasgore

Mar 25, 2019
From what I've seen by reading just its wiki page Hypertime is bullshit made to give you a headache and not make sense.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
The answer is 'get the hell off my damn lawn 'fore I set the dog on you'.

What, you're gonna treat me like a crotchety old man, I'm gonna act like one.
Holder, please, help our day be a little better, c'mon. You got the most amusing jokes of the entire thread - legitimately, you made me laugh out loud yesterday.

And hey, we're laughing along with you, not using you for laughs.

From what I've seen by reading just its wiki page Hypertime is bullshit made to give you a headache and not make sense.
Some of what I read since getting here is just that. But to be fair, I enjoy them when they're using their character right.
Characters are what make reading these stories interesting, and the X-men have a nice setup of 'em.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes