Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
What a king.
This may be the biggest unofficial renpy mod on here.

Does anybody know if there is a guide on how to get make renpy mods for Renpy? There are a few games i can think of that can benefit from this and i want to try my hand.

Reactions: wildride69

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
What a king.
This may be the biggest unofficial renpy mod on here.

Does anybody know if there is a guide on how to get make renpy mods for Renpy? There are a few games i can think of that can benefit from this and i want to try my hand.
Thanks for the kind words. Is it RPGM->Ren'Py ports that you're interested in, or on modding existing Ren'Py games?

tbh I haven't exclusively written a Ren'Py version of the Office Wife - I ended up writing an RPGM player for Ren'Py and then applied it to The Office Wife's content. As it turns out, this was a good first one to do, as both the RPGM logic and scene visuals in The Office Wife are way more complex/sophisticated than others I've looked at.

I've tried out the player with some other RPGM games, and those are playable, too. The only things missing are some of the RPGM features that The Office Wife doesn't use, like combat and the quest log

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Thanks for the kind words. Is it RPGM->Ren'Py ports that you're interested in, or on modding existing Ren'Py games?

tbh I haven't exclusively written a Ren'Py version of the Office Wife - I ended up writing an RPGM player for Ren'Py and then applied it to The Office Wife's content. As it turns out, this was a good first one to do, as both the RPGM logic and scene visuals in The Office Wife are way more complex/sophisticated than others I've looked at.

I've tried out the player with some other RPGM games, and those are playable, too. The only things missing are some of the RPGM features that The Office Wife doesn't use, like combat and the quest log
I'd like to thank you as well. You're not even the developer, just porting the game to Ren'Py, but you make the extra effort to help people with their problems, taking the time to look at their saves and fixing it for them with a quick response. Kudos to you!

18+NSFW

Jul 4, 2023
View attachment 2729849

Overview:
This remake of The Office Wife contains the complete gameplay and content of the RPGM original, accessible through a custom Ren'Py UI.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-08-03
Release Date: 2023-08-03
Original Game/Creator: J. S. Deacon - -
Developer: michaelcros -
Censored: No
Version: 0.89.4
Language: English
Original Game: The Office Wife
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN
Android: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN

Compressed
Win/Linux: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN
Android: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN

Thanks to @jolihump and @JoeSixpack for pre-release testing.

View attachment 2729873 View attachment 2729874 View attachment 2729875 View attachment 2729876 View attachment 2729877 View attachment 2729878 View attachment 2729879 View attachment 2729880 View attachment 2729881 View attachment 2729882 View attachment 2729883 View attachment 2729884 View attachment 2729885 View attachment 2729886 View attachment 2729887 View attachment 2729889
i just want to say great job on everything you did to this game and thank you for fixing it because i can now play it on my mac.

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
i just want to say great job on everything you did to this game and thank you for fixing it because i can now play it on my mac.
I almost didn't play The Office Wife - and would have missed out on IMO the best h-game there is - because I couldn't get it to run on my Mac (nwjs errors). In fact, I *still* can't get it to run: I have to always copy the content folder into another RPGM game that works in order to play each release.

Glad I've enabled you to play it. Creating this, this was one thing I hoped to achieve, to allow others to play the game that wouldn't have otherwise.

Udayana

Oct 19, 2021
I almost didn't play The Office Wife - and would have missed out on IMO the best h-game there is - because I couldn't get it to run on my Mac (nwjs errors). In fact, I *still* can't get it to run: I have to always copy the content folder into another RPGM game that works in order to play each release.

Glad I've enabled you to play it. Creating this, this was one thing I hoped to achieve, to allow others to play the game that wouldn't have otherwise.
Thanks for this game :love:

You might want to install Ren'Py SDK 8.x.x in the same folder as the game and play it through it; just launch the Ren'Py Launcher and select the game to run. It works quite well on my Mac.

A detail which is puzzling me: I wonder why the Ave Maria by Gounod (and Bach) is playing when the MC is alone at home in the morning. Any clue?

Here it is. Beautiful voice and beautiful singer:

Last edited:

FoxyChampagne

May 23, 2022
If ever there was a game in need of a Ren'Py remake, this one is it. (y)
Honestly, I find RPGM a bit frustrating; RPGM is rather tedious to navigate, therefore it ruins the enjoyment of the game. In terms of visual novels, Ren'Py is better suited.

THX for sharing...
100% agree

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
I tried to play the android and windows version and get errors on each version. Android error starts to show up after the first picture in the game and windows error shows up when I start it.
Screenshot_20230815-225043.png
Screenshot_20230815-205321.png

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
v0.89.5 released
  • Ctrl-to-skip always enabled for gallery replays
  • Bug fixes for:
    • cannot trigger Dixon's Lost Subway
    • missing Tabitha/Stacy image outside Chi-Chi's
Hi, following the order of the enchantments and got to the previous one of Dixon's lost subway (#60), Polly webcam1 (#59) and it won't activate. I have tried enchantments before and I can activate it at the enchantment Underground Tunnels (#52) however precisely it does not follow the order. I attach save file end enchantment (#59). Other small bug Stacy was never able to enter the bathroom of the subway which does not happen with the RPG game that is active from the beginning.

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Hi, following the order of the enchantments and got to the previous one of Dixon's lost subway (#60), Polly webcam1 (#59) and it won't activate. I have tried enchantments before and I can activate it at the enchantment Underground Tunnels (#52) however precisely it does not follow the order. I attach save file end enchantment (#59). Other small bug Stacy was never able to enter the bathroom of the subway which does not happen with the RPG game that is active from the beginning.
Hi - from your save game, you can trigger Photoshoot 3 by
  • going to work
  • going to your desk, and then
  • working at your desk without going into Michael's office (that bit is crucial, as you cannot do the photoshoot with the plug in)
The Tabitha call will then trigger. Dixon's Lost Subway will trigger the next time you visit Dixon's: but you'll need to be running the latest version of the game (v0.89.5), else Dixon will say he "cannot attend to you tonight due to another engagement"

ps about the subway bathroom - I just ran both games from enchantment 3 and you can go into the subway bathroom at night in both games? There's no action you can do in there, though

Last edited:

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
I tried to play the android and windows version and get errors on each version. Android error starts to show up after the first picture in the game and windows error shows up when I start it.
View attachment 2854062
View attachment 2854066
Looking at the error messages, it looks like you are running the game with an older version of the Ren'Py SDK, which is why I thought something like Joiplay may be in there. If you aren't, can you DM me with more details? thanks

Reactions: wildride69

ApatiaMax

Sep 9, 2022
1692280625599.png
I'm with version 0.89.5-pc but looks like there's no way to find Jim? :unsure:

1692281467772.png
Maybe I've messed-up the game? :eek:

Last edited:

michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
View attachment 2857917
I'm with version 0.89.5-pc but looks like there's no way to find Jim? :unsure:

View attachment 2857956
Maybe I've messed-up the game? :eek:
You should be able to progress the Jim storyline by going into Michael's office in the morning, then choosing to work with Jim. If that doesn't work, post or DM me your save game and I'll help you move forward

edit: I've just reproduced your bug! It's a new one, thanks for reporting. Post or DM me your save and I'll fix it

Last edited:

dextercane

Jul 3, 2017
michaelcros Dude thank you for the efforts you put up for us to be able to play this game with RenPY. But I have a question once again. I started from the very beginning on ver. 089.5 and for the love of me I still cannot get to trigger the first photoshoot with Tabitha and her brother. What are the condition to get this scene and when is it supposed to happen exactly (before which enchantment)? I know from personal experience that if I do not spawn this scene it will lead to bugs in the future and some quests won't even trigger. I am currently at enchantment 26. Am I past the point of getting the photoshoot?

Sorry I was too impatient. I unlocked the photoshoot scene.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 19 Votes