wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
rpgm is not fun and interactive. rpgm is just an engine (with some tools).
Ok, you know what I mean or are you thick? RPGM can be well done and it can be poor, the dame as games made with RENPY.
Try Diatima's Isekai it is in the RENPY engine and it is clicky as fuck. You guys blame the engine when the blame really lies with the developers who don't know enough about the engine to create a smooth playing game.

Yeah, I don't like AVNs done in RPGM.
If you don't like RPGM games don't play them problem easily solved. The goobers that enter a game clearly marked RPGM, and then proceed to cry about a game being RPGM are just asses.

I don't care for UNITY or HTML games so I don't include them in my searches, but I don't go in there thread pissing and moaning about it.

rereader

Aug 7, 2023
Ok, you know what I mean or are you thick? RPGM can be well done and it can be poor, the dame as games made with RENPY.
[...] You guys blame the engine when the blame really lies with the developers who don't know enough about the engine to create a smooth playing game.
i'm thick af. "you know what i mean" is not an argument. i do not know. i can guess, but never be sure or know. also, you are the one who says "some_engine is fun and interactive", i said it is just an engine, it cant be fun. but i agree with you, the problem is with the devs. nlt media's well-designed rpgm games are a very good example.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yeah, I don't like AVNs done in RPGM.
Agreed. RPGM is for, well, 2D RPG games. If you enjoy that style of game and want to make one, it's probably a good engine for that. If you want a visual novel, use DAZ3D + RenPY. I've been programming since around 1979 and RenPY is SUPER easy to program (based on the Python scripting language which is, quite frankly, awesome, and I'm an old time C programmer).

Reactions: sagerock820

barkouletos

Nov 29, 2017
RPGM is a game engine. It has many things built into it that are really useful if you want to create a game: event triggering systems, maps and a map editor, exploration, items (plus combat etc) are all built it.

Ren'Py is not a game engine, it's a VN player. You can mod a Ren'Py VN into a game by adding custom UI and scripting, but it doesn't have any of those RPGM game elements built-in, you have to make them yourself.

If you want a sophisticated game, you either need to be/become a sophisticated game developer for Ren'Py, or you use RPGM.

Not all creators will want to spend their time and effort creating the custom code needed for Ren'Py. For these, the creators ask us to accept RPGM's constraints, and we end up with some great games we otherwise wouldn't have.
Very useful post
I didn't know that RPGM is more easy for creator.
But many times in RPGM games you don't know what to do... I have stop play RPGM games, it is very tiring and I have not plenty of time.

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
Try Diatima's Isekai it is in the RENPY engine and it is clicky as fuck. You guys blame the engine when the blame really lies with the developers who don't know enough about the engine to create a smooth playing game.

If you don't like RPGM games don't play them problem easily solved. The goobers that enter a game clearly marked RPGM, and then proceed to cry about a game being RPGM are just asses.

I don't care for UNITY or HTML games so I don't include them in my searches, but I don't go in there thread pissing and moaning about it.
I get you're somewhat angry and defensive but the problem with RPGM is that most of the games with it are plain terribly coded - great art but terrible in reality. Not sure I can think of a single game I've played or backed that was better in its RPGM version. If you can suggest some ones you think were really great in RPGM I'm sure people would give them a try but the closest I can get for my tastes is Anna Exciting Affection (only former RPGM one I back coincidentally).

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
I get you're somewhat angry and defensive but the problem with RPGM is that most of the games with it are plain terribly coded - great art but terrible in reality. Not sure I can think of a single game I've played or backed that was better in its RPGM version. If you can suggest some ones you think were really great in RPGM I'm sure people would give them a try but the closest I can get for my tastes is Anna Exciting Affection (only former RPGM one I back coincidentally).
Angry and defensive? WTF are you smoking? The original poster and I engaged in a conversation and came to a fairly amicable point of view. If you didn't continue reading that's on you.

2 of my favorite RPGM games that I back are Manila Shaw: Blackmail's Obsession and A Struggle with Sin both great GAMES not just a VN.

Last edited:

Devilrv

Aug 6, 2019
Once I've uploaded the version with the 0.91 content, I'm hoping 1-2 weeks
Looking forward to the update from your end.

Quick question, will you be uploading a compressed version as well?

Thank you for your efforts.

Cheers

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I enjoyed the Office Wife, bit too clicky and repetitive with doing things over and over before unlocking the next part. I also wish it didn't have beastilary but that is related to why I'm posting.

When I got to the part where you choose between two dildos, it was a dildo shaped like a dog and another dildo that didn't say what it was. I was concerned the other dildo was something else animal and just clicked the dog, I figured I just quickly skip that part.

I'm wondering what selecting that other dildo leads to.

4.50 star(s) 19 Votes