Ren'Py Abandoned The Office Wife Unofficial Ren'Py [v0.70b] [Phalzyr]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

thesnaken

Oct 29, 2018
Can t play the game
Got this message :

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 205, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in script
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
Exception: DirectSoundCreate8: No audio device found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 326, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 617, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
call _gl_test
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 387, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 317, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 342, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2968, in interact
self.start()
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2033, in start
renpy.audio.audio.init()
File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 903, in init
renpysound.init(renpy.config.sound_sample_rate, 2, bufsize, False, renpy.config.equal_mono)
File "renpysound.pyx", line 390, in renpy.audio.renpysound.init
File "renpysound.pyx", line 97, in renpy.audio.renpysound.check_error
Exception: DirectSoundCreate8: No audio device found

Windows-8.1-6.3.9600
Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
The Office Wife RenPYCR 0.65
Fri Mar 5 19:05:53 2021

what s wrong? dowload the compress version or the normal one and the quickpatch ...
help

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Can t play the game

what s wrong? dowload the compress version or the normal one and the quickpatch ...
help
Never seen that error sounds like game thinks you don't have a sound card lol
Did you try both exes? happen on both?

Deleted member 62788

Jun 10, 2017
Glad to see you've ported another high potential game, but done away with the shitty rpgm sections. So when the rpgm version offers a choice, say visit the sex shop or do gym, how does that work in your port. Once you have seen all content for the sex shop type place will it just show gym options or what? Apologies if that reads confusing as hell.

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Glad to see you've ported another high potential game, but done away with the shitty rpgm sections. So when the rpgm version offers a choice, say visit the sex shop or do gym, how does that work in your port. Once you have seen all content for the sex shop type place will it just show gym options or what? Apologies if that reads confusing as hell.
The game might give you those choices in RPGM but they aren't real choices other than when am i going there... This game forces you to do each scene you could hit them in different order than how I played it out, but the scenes themselves wouldn't play out any different.

So to answer your question, in my game I do whichever has a new scene, if say going to a gym is required to continue enchantment then I do that one, late on I give choices whether to go lunch in multi places and loop till the advancement one is chosen (it'll say in menu)... As far as dixon or gym i do both if they both have new scenes (yes I know in rpgm you can't do both without cheating on same day... *whistles non-chalantly* what? :D)

here are these fun games
College Life
Farmer's Dreams
Saturday Night
One of those i'm thinking of doing next :eek:

modo200

Feb 5, 2018
The game might give you those choices in RPGM but they aren't real choices other than when am i going there... This game forces you to do each scene you could hit them in different order than how I played it out, but the scenes themselves wouldn't play out any different.

So to answer your question, in my game I do whichever has a new scene, if say going to a gym is required to continue enchantment then I do that one, late on I give choices whether to go lunch in multi places and loop till the advancement one is chosen (it'll say in menu)... As far as dixon or gym i do both if they both have new scenes (yes I know in rpgm you can't do both without cheating on same day... *whistles non-chalantly* what? :D)

One of those i'm thinking of doing next :eek:
Farmer's Dreams next please

plz.gif

Last edited:

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
omg are you serious right now ?
thank you man you are the best :love:(y)
Not joking. Already started on prepping it which is a bit more to it than most RPGM conversions since it uses external scripts not just default json files, just reading the intro made me think "oh that is why people want this ported" :D time of day events pc on time schedules collecting etc, this is going to be interesting converting lol definitely harder than norm. It even uses icons in menu choice hehe. Just made a function to handle those images hehe.

I did start college life several ports past... but I didn't know much about RPGM coding back then and got lost so quickly. I decided to put it aside till I learned more. I think i've gotten pretty good with RPGM coding now :D

Still not very artistic though... that can't be fixed haha. I can draw crappy stick figures and that is the limit of my art ability :p

• Haha
Reactions: Ass-a-Lot and cebs

frodoneo

Dec 30, 2018
Not joking. Already started on prepping it which is a bit more to it than most RPGM conversions since it uses external scripts not just default json files, just reading the intro made me think "oh that is why people want this ported" :D time of day events pc on time schedules collecting etc, this is going to be interesting converting lol definitely harder than norm. It even uses icons in menu choice hehe. Just made a function to handle those images hehe.

I did start college life several ports past... but I didn't know much about RPGM coding back then and got lost so quickly. I decided to put it aside till I learned more. I think i've gotten pretty good with RPGM coding now :D

Still not very artistic though... that can't be fixed haha. I can draw crappy stick figures and that is the limit of my art ability :p
Thanks a ton for this game and upcoming farmer's dream. I had so many issues playing that game. Constant bugs. Missed events. Confusing walkthrough and some grinding. Eventually gave up. One of them made a Ren'py version but they gave up and started to tell their own story for some reason and also avoided NTR. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Phalzyr and modo200

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
Thank you for this, never played the original after trying the first version cause I didn't want to replay all the walking parts. Glad I waited :D

Reactions: Phalzyr
4.30 star(s) 11 Votes