Ren'Py Abandoned The Office Wife Unofficial Ren'Py [v0.70b] [Phalzyr]

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Hi Phalzyr,

I always try to use the 'Y_outline' file to hide the (mostly dark) background of the text dialogues, so to have an almost full view of the scenes with the text displayed (don't like to use the 'H' key all the time :cool:).
But that file doesn't seem to work on this Renpy version of the game (actualy for the LoTV version neither). Are you familiar with that file, and if so, would you know why it doesn't work here please ?

Thank you very much for your excellent work, makes these games so much more enjoyable !

Greetz,
PatrickB

Reactions: SamHaim

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
As I possted that I thought oh why didn't I just include the gallery file in it also lmao... Reuploaded including it so it adds the missing three scenes as well.. I bet without that file the scenes in gallery would go to wrong one since patch had newer files in it lol...
Actually Yes they did but it was funny, Renpy didn¨t complain just they didn¨t start up as I tested from the last Gallery they started all toghether so they basicly started the game on day 40 Lool ! But It worked so Target achieved Looool ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
I regret trying this, the railroading is crazy. Basically, any choice you make, has no consequence whatsoever, in a couple of cases they are forced on you, with a note from the developer.
This is not really a game, but an animated comic.
Complain to orig dev I simply ported, he's the one that made all choices have no meaning. If you were playing RPGM and didn't select the option I force via menu looping... you'd do the day over and over until you did it.. or think you are stuck if you didn't have a walkthrough telling you what to do... I agree that is poor choice. Either force it or not bother with the option IMO

Hi Phalzyr,

I always try to use the 'Y_outline' file to hide the (mostly dark) background of the text dialogues, so to have an almost full view of the scenes with the text displayed (don't like to use the 'H' key all the time :cool:).
But that file doesn't seem to work on this Renpy version of the game (actualy for the LoTV version neither). Are you familiar with that file, and if so, would you know why it doesn't work here please ?

Thank you very much for your excellent work, makes these games so much more enjoyable !

Greetz,
PatrickB
You mean the text itself or the background textbox image? If the image then there is option in preferences to have faces only or turn it off fully...

mumbles09

Jul 21, 2017
with your new patch #75 .worked straight thou . nice update .work done by you awesome .
keep going can't wait for next update .

Reactions: Phalzyr

patrickB

Dec 23, 2017
Complain to orig dev I simply ported, he's the one that made all choices have no meaning. If you were playing RPGM and didn't select the option I force via menu looping... you'd do the day over and over until you did it.. or think you are stuck if you didn't have a walkthrough telling you what to do... I agree that is poor choice. Either force it or not bother with the option IMO

You mean the text itself or the background textbox image? If the image then there is option in preferences to have faces only or turn it off fully...
Wow, sorry, I hadn't even looked at the preferences, but it's even better then I could imagine, the option is already there ! The 'faces only' option was what I was looking for, excellent !

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Some of the repetition in this version is tolerable if you just think of it in a different way; like, for instance, Nate hitting his head on the refrigerator every day - if you assume that Stacy is kind of a jerk and doing this deliberately (I mean, she knows it will happen if she surprises him like that and does it every day anyway) then it becomes funny rather than annoying.
I never thought of it that way, but you're right - it is pretty funny under that interpretation and Nate certainly deserves it!

Moffy

Sep 25, 2019
Phalzyr There is a new version of the game.
And do i need to download the fix patch if i downloaded the non compressed version for win?

Last edited:

Phalzyr

Modder
Nov 7, 2017
OH the 0.66 is just 0.65 with added missing images so my version is comparative to 0.66 already :D

I went through prepping files then look at coding and it said jump to end game at same point lmao... DOH

Reactions: patrickB

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
OH the 0.66 is just 0.65 with added missing images so my version is comparative to 0.66 already :D

I went through prepping files then look at coding and it said jump to end game at same point lmao... DOH
There are also several bug fixes, but that probably isn't relevant to the Ren'Py version.

Reactions: xapican and Phalzyr

status10

Jul 18, 2019
Thank you so much for this version! I really liked the progression of the original and didn't mind the repetition of things, but drove me crazy walking from A to B to C every day just to see if something has changed. I'd rather have it with a single click like with your version. :)

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes