Tod666

Sep 15, 2019
per request, here is my unofficial android port of The Office Wife V.0.2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you can import a save file provided by the dev, if no others are present.
have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

updated: 13.04.2020
hi sorry but i think there is a problem i don't c how to do i update on android laptop. the problem : failed to load: img / pictures / Michael_office_05_outfit_03.png thank you in advance

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
hi sorry but i think there is a problem i don't c how to do i update on android laptop. the problem : failed to load: img / pictures / Michael_office_05_outfit_03.png thank you in advance
y

yup i faced the same one mr. 66
because of this wrong filename (Android is case sensitive) i already made a new apk yesterday. there's no other way than to download it again.

Salavator87

Apr 12, 2018
I'm stuck at 14. I don't get it I've done everything I could and can't get anything to progress. I checked the walkthrough and all it said was to work with Jim slater twice. I like the game when it progresses smoothly but this is making me rage quit.

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I'm stuck at 14. I don't get it I've done everything I could and can't get anything to progress. I checked the walkthrough and all it said was to work with Jim slater twice. I like the game when it progresses smoothly but this is making me rage quit.
Thanks for playing and sorry you're having some trouble. There was an issue where if you didn't talk to Polly earlier in the game, you couldn't get her to trigger later. This has been fixed in the most recent public release, which can be found on my Patreon page at . The fix around it (without updating) is to go back to an earlier save and start from there, being sure to talk to her at least once prior to enchantment 9. If that is not the issue, then if you want, send me your global save file and current save, I can take a look to see what the problem may be. You can email it to jsdeacon9@gmail.com.

Darkman_13

Jun 20, 2018

Mid-Week Update

I have many new patrons since the last update so I want to start off by saying hello! Thanks for your contribution. I’m glad you enjoyed the game and that we’re taking this journey together. I have a lot of great plans for it and trust me, it’s only going to get better and better.
Now that V.0.2 is out of the way...whew...it’s time to start looking ahead. I’ve already begun working on several new scenes for the next update. One criticism I’ve regularly received is that the game is too repetitive. I hear you. I’m an avid gamer myself so I know where you’re coming from. I don’t think I’m going to back and change anything (short of bug fixes) I’ve already done, but going forward, I’m going to strive to reduce or even eliminate some of the repetitive text and scenes. The downside is that it may become less of a “game” and more of a ‘visual novel”. The price for having choices is repetition since there is no feasible way for me to otherwise make all of the exponential branches such choices would create. I don’t want to eliminate the “game” aspect completely, but it is clear to me that more balance between the two is in order.
When will the next update be out? I’m hoping for early May. My goal is try and get an update out once a month. That is a goal, not a promise. I choose when to update based on where I think it is a good place in the story to stop, not based on any set schedule or pattern. I was going to stop V.0.2 right after the Nate scene but I already had the doctor scene built so I decided to throw it in. I already have a place in mind where the next update will end. Hopefully, I can get there by early May.
That’s all for now. As always, I love hearing from you all. If you find bugs or have feedback, suggestions, or just want to talk about the game (or any other game—I love discovering new games), please email me.
- J. S.

tuShua

Oct 29, 2017
"new scene in alley behind work " what do i need to trigger it?

cuz i have one where you're in the car and the old dude was beside your window. You had the option to drive off or "no" but clicking "no" results to nothing at all. Is this the part where the scene triggers?

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
One criticism I’ve regularly received is that the game is too repetitive. I hear you. I’m an avid gamer myself so I know where you’re coming from. I don’t think I’m going to back and change anything (short of bug fixes) I’ve already done, but going forward, I’m going to strive to reduce or even eliminate some of the repetitive text and scenes. The downside is that it may become less of a “game” and more of a ‘visual novel”.
Thank god you exist.

Ah.. it should be good on renpy... :love:
Maybe Phalzyr can do this renpy version.. someday i hope.
After all, this isn’t difficult now but the same "repetitions" just bother me little.

Reactions: Jack the Rapist

Darkman_13

Jun 20, 2018
NeighborhoodDayScreenShot.png
NeighborhoodNightScreenShot.png
DowntownSubwayScreenShot.jpg

Sneak Peak - April 20, 2020

I hope you all had a good weekend. I’ve been hard at work on the next update of The Office Wife. Today, I want to share with you something that I have been debating in the back of my mind for quite a while. One of the biggest flaws of nearly all RPGM games is that horrible default pixel art. That may have been acceptable in the 1980s, but in this day and age, I find it really distracting, particularly when switching between realism-based renders and bright, cartoonish pixel art. Thankfully, RPGM is pretty flexible for a basic game design platform, and much of the art can be customizable given the effort to both understand the process and to actually create the assets.
So, I have been messing around with the idea of abandoning all the pixel art altogether and creating custom, rendered game maps and assets. As a sneak preview below, you can see some a few examples of how this could look. This would require updating a significant portion of the game. I’d have to create all new maps and update ALL of the sprites, vehicles, and other assets. I think the reward, however, is probably worth the effort.
The other issue, which may be a drawback for some, is that the overall scale of the maps would go up since the sprites are bigger (and more realistic, which makes proportions even more important). Due to RPGM’s limitations on map size when using custom images, the amount of movement around the game will increase. For example, I will not be able to fit all of the Business District on one map like it is now. This would force more walking and switching to a different map for the lunch events, transport authority, etc.
The other drawback, of course, is the time it takes to create it all. The good news is, that I already have the basic neighborhood map, both day and night done (as you can see below), the doctor’s office, the home apartment, and the subway stations, although even those maps require many assets to be added to them to bring them to life. It’s hard to estimate the time this will all take and I won’t implement it piecemeal.
Anyway, I’d love to hear your feedback on what you think of these new maps/sprites.
Thanks,
- J. S.

Marine1952

May 13, 2017
View attachment 626328
View attachment 626330
View attachment 626332

Sneak Peak - April 20, 2020

I hope you all had a good weekend. I’ve been hard at work on the next update of The Office Wife. Today, I want to share with you something that I have been debating in the back of my mind for quite a while. One of the biggest flaws of nearly all RPGM games is that horrible default pixel art. That may have been acceptable in the 1980s, but in this day and age, I find it really distracting, particularly when switching between realism-based renders and bright, cartoonish pixel art. Thankfully, RPGM is pretty flexible for a basic game design platform, and much of the art can be customizable given the effort to both understand the process and to actually create the assets.
So, I have been messing around with the idea of abandoning all the pixel art altogether and creating custom, rendered game maps and assets. As a sneak preview below, you can see some a few examples of how this could look. This would require updating a significant portion of the game. I’d have to create all new maps and update ALL of the sprites, vehicles, and other assets. I think the reward, however, is probably worth the effort.
The other issue, which may be a drawback for some, is that the overall scale of the maps would go up since the sprites are bigger (and more realistic, which makes proportions even more important). Due to RPGM’s limitations on map size when using custom images, the amount of movement around the game will increase. For example, I will not be able to fit all of the Business District on one map like it is now. This would force more walking and switching to a different map for the lunch events, transport authority, etc.
The other drawback, of course, is the time it takes to create it all. The good news is, that I already have the basic neighborhood map, both day and night done (as you can see below), the doctor’s office, the home apartment, and the subway stations, although even those maps require many assets to be added to them to bring them to life. It’s hard to estimate the time this will all take and I won’t implement it piecemeal.
Anyway, I’d love to hear your feedback on what you think of these new maps/sprites.
Thanks,
- J. S.
The new pics do look great but I would rather to stay with the original and keep the story moving. The new system really looks good but I'm worried that it will hold up the continuation of the game. Thanks for all that you put into making this a wonderful and enjoyable game.

• Love
Reactions: GateC.
4.00 star(s) 102 Votes