michaelcros

Modder
Jul 22, 2020
Hope it's the Public version problem, then it will get fixed eventually.
I'm not too well up on specs but I have:

3.70 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
768 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (12 total)
Hyper-threaded (24 total)
Thanks for all the help, at least if it's the game that's wrong and it gets fixed it's really playable again.
This is likely a problem with . RPGM games don't support video playback natively; The Office Wife uses a plugin called YSP_VideoPlayer. Out-of-the-box this plugin will only play webm movies, because of rights issues with the mp4 format, it will hand off playback to nw.js to try to play it through Chromium.

Someone has posted a possible fix for you here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgm-video-playback-freezing-game-ysp_videoplayer-js.82856/post-5837801 which suggests adding "chromium-args": "--disable-webgl", to your nw.js config. It might also be worth updating it through the link above. YMMW. Good luck.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
This is likely a problem with . RPGM games don't support video playback natively; The Office Wife uses a plugin called YSP_VideoPlayer. Out-of-the-box this plugin will only play webm movies, because of rights issues with the mp4 format, it will hand off playback to nw.js to try to play it through Chromium.

Someone has posted a possible fix for you here: https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgm-video-playback-freezing-game-ysp_videoplayer-js.82856/post-5837801 which suggests adding "chromium-args": "--disable-webgl", to your nw.js config. It might also be worth updating it through the link above. YMMW. Good luck.
You Sir! Deserve a Gold Star! Happy ThanksGiving.
gold-star-good-job.gif

Arnaud

May 13, 2017
I never followed this game closely before, do you guys think we'll get the update this month or some time Q1 2024?

lazerChronicle2

Oct 19, 2022
How is it that the Mac version STILL cannot save?!?!?
I had to do a few different things to make things work on Mac. These work for some other games made with the same engine as well.

1. chflags noschg Game.app
2. xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine Game.app
3. chmod -R +rwx Game.app
4. Edit package.json file (forget the path) so that name is something like The_Office_Wife. You need to do this every time you install a new version; remember to use the same name.

It can still be a bit fragile. Specifically, if the game dies at startup, try again, and try not touching any keys or mouse while it is starting up.

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022
How is it that the Mac version STILL cannot save?!?!?
I also had the same problem with the latest versions (I'm on Monterey I will update to Ventura soon)... I solved it by copying the files to an old working version by marge the updates only inside app.ww folder as described in the picture...
here i post to you a mac app that on my system works.. it does not contain the game files...
try to move all the 90 version files you download from the PC version (i have to copy only the files inside the www folder and copy them to app.ww without overwriting the package.json file

and put all files from the PC app here
Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 12.13.56.jpg
Let me know if works
also do the tarminal commands that i have posted bellow

Have you tried putting the game in the application folder?
there is something wrong in the Mac versions
by doing what i have explained the app works everyware... also from external drives
of course after use the terminal codes for the app
by write in terminal
terminal code for mac OS
xattr -cr x
drag the app after the x and press enter (one space is required after x)

and chmod +x x.app/Contents/Resources/MacOS/

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes