Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Okay, so the last version, V.0.51, did not fix the "null" bug like I had hoped. The problem was with one of the plugins I was using and I had hoped that adjusting it would fix the problem but it did not. One of the difficult things about it was that the bug popped up seemingly randomly and though I was able to play through the entire game without problem, others were not. Anyway, I found a workaround and was able to replace the problem plugin altogether. This should eliminate the "null" bug altogether. I have not encountered it again in my playtesting.

I fixed a few other bugs too. There was a bug where you could reach the park jogging scene at a lower enchantment lever than 34 and it would not trigger, so I fixed that. There was also a bug that was making the Jessie bathroom scene in the office not appear, so I'm pretty sure I fixed that. I played through the entire release from the slot 28 save multiple times and encountered no problems.

If you have a problem, please email me with the version you're playing, the platform, and a screenshot if you can. I'd like to get this running as smoothly as possible.

Here are the links:

Windows:

Mac:

----

peas

Jul 31, 2018
So, I skipped the toilet scene, went to Dixon's after work, his conversation is bugged, he's not responding to anything, the hint "Go to Dixon's" is still there, went home, found Jason and his brother, then the game ended. Was that a bug? Did I miss some content? I found a threesome scene, doctor scene, construction workers and one Dixon scene in the park in this update, nothing else .
There is a short scene with a stranger sitting on the bench when you come out of the park with Dixon.

lamby3252

May 3, 2020

Okay, so the last version, V.0.51, did not fix the "null" bug like I had hoped. The problem was with one of the plugins I was using and I had hoped that adjusting it would fix the problem but it did not. One of the difficult things about it was that the bug popped up seemingly randomly and though I was able to play through the entire game without problem, others were not. Anyway, I found a workaround and was able to replace the problem plugin altogether. This should eliminate the "null" bug altogether. I have not encountered it again in my playtesting.

I fixed a few other bugs too. There was a bug where you could reach the park jogging scene at a lower enchantment lever than 34 and it would not trigger, so I fixed that. There was also a bug that was making the Jessie bathroom scene in the office not appear, so I'm pretty sure I fixed that. I played through the entire release from the slot 28 save multiple times and encountered no problems.

If you have a problem, please email me with the version you're playing, the platform, and a screenshot if you can. I'd like to get this running as smoothly as possible.

Here are the links:

Windows: The Office Wife V.0.52 PRERELEASE

Mac: The Office Wife V.0.52 PRERELEASE

----
Unfortunately I can not even get the game to open for MAC. Not sure why I have been able to open all of the versions so far.

• Sad
Reactions: Sorrow85

Varrilete

Mar 20, 2019
error with Jason.png i dont know it the file i dowloaded is corrupt

Edit: no problem now, i dowloaded again no problem so far

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
jsdeacon v0.52 behaves strangely.
Sometimes when the mc moves it pauses for some frames, but what seems even stranger is the superfast change between scenes/pictures.

Another thing about the image events. In every image change it seems as if you added commands "delete previous image" "display new image" and the map reappears between the events.

Last edited:

Chase0074

May 23, 2020
After passing 0.52, a save window appeared on the game over splash screen by itself, I saved on top of the old save and now the game over splash screen loads and then goes to the menu. Did I destroy my save?

Igneel1

The Slayer's Time Is Now
Compressor
Jul 1, 2017
The Office Wife [v0.52] [J. S. Deacon]

Original size: 2.11 GB

Compressed size: 178.84 MB

Win: - -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game

Last edited:

madslegend

Jul 6, 2018
I kept getting the null error so based on this post:

I modified my TDDP_BindPicturesToMap.js
At line 215 by putting the "picture.setDimensions(sourceBitmap);" in a try catch block like so:

try{
picture.setDimensions(sourceBitmap);
} catch (err) {
return;
}

And was able to play without any noticeable issues.
this works like a charm haven't gotten the Null error since.

Reactions: brvnbld
Dec 18, 2018
The game is Ok. But due to very many bugs the developer is almost everyday putting a new update. I hope it ends soon. On the otherhand game is cut by the bugs and there is no solution except waiting for the update. It was v0-5.0 the day before yesterday and became 5.1 yesterday and today I found 5.2 and saved files dont work. This needs to end. But when finished it will be a good and enjoyable one. I agree with developer about RPGM vs RENPY. RENPY is easier but more a novel than game. Best regards. J Ferronelli

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
The game is Ok. But due to very many bugs the developer is almost everyday putting a new update. I hope it ends soon. On the otherhand game is cut by the bugs and there is no solution except waiting for the update. It was v0-5.0 the day before yesterday and became 5.1 yesterday and today I found 5.2 and saved files dont work. This needs to end. But when finished it will be a good and enjoyable one. I agree with developer about RPGM vs RENPY. RENPY is easier but more a novel than game. Best regards. J Ferronelli
I understand your concern about the bugs. Please keep in mind that the V.0.50 was posted onto this site without permission and when it was only a limited release to top patrons. It was not ready for public release. The point of the early release is to catch and find bugs so I can fix them. The official public release isn't even until 10/29. Also, the game is still in development in general. If you want to wait for a polished, final version, I understand, but you'll need to wait for a public release of V.1.0 for that. Lastly, V.0.52 should be the last bug fix until the next release, which will probably be early December.

Cazzo_duro

Jun 30, 2017
The game is very good, congratulations to the developer. No bugs detected in 0.5.1, so I don't need the latest version.

karlosos

Oct 9, 2017
I think you have lost sight of the fact that the game is free here.
Its not like its something you bought and can ask for your money back.
The developer of this game responds quickly to fix any bugs that players tell him about, when he could slowly take his time if he wanted to.
I don't think any criticism or demands that it "needs to end" is warranted.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
I think its important to understand when downloading a pre-release/alpha that it should not to be consider as the final product.
it will damage the reputation of the dev, if you keep complaining about bugs. as those will be addressed. no dev want to release a broken game.

what you can do, is give feedback, I found a bug in the dressing room, or the picture in scene ## is not showing.
more you can do it to give feedback about render quality, story, grammar, etc. as long they are helpful.
if you think the game is bad, you should explain why and leave, since further posting is quite useless if you dont like it, as theres people that enjoy it. me is one.

I also tried the "alpha", and I found a couple bugs, but nothing big that would ruin the experience.
I think the dev did a great job and I know from previous updates that the bugs gets fixed.

Davewatch

Jan 7, 2020
Winging about a leaked alpha release is not helpful, assuming that you realise that it was leaked unofficially and should not have been for public consumption. Leaked updates can cost the developers considerable lost income but they still keep treating us to the delights of FREE game and updates so I certainly would not wine about a few little bugs even where I am a Patreon subscriber, it still works out a lot cheaper than paying £$£$£$ for crap games on a chance that it is worth havein, here you can always just walk away at no extra cost. jsdeacon does an excellent job of fixing these bugs BEFORE public release and it is a first class game one of the best on this site.

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes