Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
there is a scene that serves as a prerequisite for some other scenes. For example scene 4 - where you can request Valerie to undress. I think there was also a possibility to "cum in front of a witness"
So, what was the problem with Valerie in the kitchen? if you don't tell me what your log quest tells you to do, I will never understand why you think there's a problem with the game.

Nope, you're not. Why don't you start the game anew and see that initially there is no "bath" icon.
Come on Man, don't cross all the T's and dot all the I's. You know what I mean.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Anyway, as I always say:

You facepalm lovers ( = people who put facepalms on people's posts) STILL haven't realized that facepalms count as likes. So, why thank youuuuuuuuu. :whistle:

Reactions: ThL

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
So, what was the problem with Valerie in the kitchen? if you don't tell me what your log quest tells you to do, I will never understand why you think there's a problem with the game.
Sorry.
The problem is that at 9am Valerie is in the kitchen. when you were visiting her - there was a possibility of interaction. Now there is not.
Also, I know that some scenes are activated by simply being at the required location at the required time. possibly this one supposed to be the same. But it's not (nothing happened)

However, it is a prerequisite for scene 3 and 4 (maybe others as well)

Hint (on F1) says "In the morning, find Valerie in the kitchen". Obviously finding her does nothing. there are no other hints (Or I simply don't know how to look for them).

Come on Man, don't cross all the T's and dot all the I's. You know what I mean.
And sorry again, but in fact I do not. English is not my native language. I figured out that it is an idiom and googled it, but still not sure what you mean. Am I too pushy about details?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Sorry.
The problem is that at 9am Valerie is in the kitchen. when you were visiting her - there was a possibility of interaction. Now there is not.
Also, I know that some scenes are activated by simply being at the required location at the required time. possibly this one supposed to be the same. But it's not (nothing happened)

However, it is a prerequisite for scene 3 and 4 (maybe others as well)

Hint (on F1) says "In the morning, find Valerie in the kitchen". Obviously finding her does nothing. there are no other hints (Or I simply don't know how to look for them).
Now I understand. Well, my guess is that you - and the other guys who keep claiming that "icons" magically disappeared here and there - still haven't grasped the game mechanics.

You have to do what the quest log tells you have to do. Quest log = what's up there in the left corner up MC's statistics.
You can't make that kind of interaction with her because you're not supposed to do it now. You will be able to do it maybe later, maybe next day, dunno.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
Now I understand. Well, my guess is that you - and the other guys who keep claiming that "icons" magically disappeared here and there - still haven't grasped the game mechanics.

You have to do what the quest log tells you have to do. Quest log = what's up there in the left corner up MC's statistics.
You can't make that kind of interaction with her because you're not supposed to do it now. You will be able to do it maybe later, maybe next day, dunno.
Well, Yes. And No.
As far as I understand the game mechanics (without looking at the code) - game happens at 3 levels:
Yes, there is a daily routine (as you said) - so in order not to loose and fail you need to do what the quest is saying.

On the other hand - there is an additional layer of, let's call it, game progression. One of them is task to get water at 50 in order to unlock the Bath. It's critical to progress in the game in general, but you won't find that in any quest. (and yeah, you will eventually unlock it simply because initial tasks are forcing you to collect 10+ resources per day and you spend only 4)

And in addition there are some conditions to unlock this or that scene. Like you can tell Abi about tasks w Emma and get Emma punished. Then you can either get Abi punished as well, or not. And that opens different scenes.

The one I was talking about - scene 3 and 4 - are from the 3rd category. Again, without looking for the code I cannot say what is the issue here. Possibly there are some hidden triggers or conditions. Or possibly there were scenes there, but later they were removed, or moved to some other location in the game progression. But the conditions and hints remained, creating some confusion

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
What do you think it should happen when you find Valerie in the kitchen?

So why don't you have the "bath" icon? You always have the bath icon in the bathroom.

You know what? now I see why ThL isn't answering anymore in these days.
I took a week off, but I might stay away a little more, as you're doing a terrific job helping all those poor souls who complain but strangely keep playing release after release.
Congrats ! (y)

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Ok... I am on 6c and have not had a problem. I did what you have here ... it still says I missed the quest. I back up to 5pm and kept checking the basement room.... I do not get a request to search it... You did not say one way that I would or not get one... so next up to the girls rooms... I get in a talk to them. Then go to the bath... I am able to get the bath but at the end I get the missing message..... thoughts ??
You first need to see Abi and Val in Val's room and speak with them. I starts the quest. THEN you search the house and find a clue in you old basement room/cell.
From then on it's quite straightforward if you follow Ottoeight 's instructions

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
You first need to see Abi and Val in Val's room and speak with them. I starts the quest. THEN you search the house and find a clue in you old basement room/cell.
From then on it's quite straightforward if you follow Ottoeight 's instructions
I have been all over the basement bedroom.... where is it ?

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
Well, Yes. And No.
As far as I understand the game mechanics (without looking at the code) - game happens at 3 levels:
Yes, there is a daily routine (as you said) - so in order not to loose and fail you need to do what the quest is saying.

On the other hand - there is an additional layer of, let's call it, game progression. One of them is task to get water at 50 in order to unlock the Bath. It's critical to progress in the game in general, but you won't find that in any quest. (and yeah, you will eventually unlock it simply because initial tasks are forcing you to collect 10+ resources per day and you spend only 4)

And in addition there are some conditions to unlock this or that scene. Like you can tell Abi about tasks w Emma and get Emma punished. Then you can either get Abi punished as well, or not. And that opens different scenes.

The one I was talking about - scene 3 and 4 - are from the 3rd category. Again, without looking for the code I cannot say what is the issue here. Possibly there are some hidden triggers or conditions. Or possibly there were scenes there, but later they were removed, or moved to some other location in the game progression. But the conditions and hints remained, creating some confusion
Scenes 3 & 4 just can't be missed, they're available throughout the game.
08.00 in the morning if I'm correct, there's always Val in the kitchen.
Or maybe I didn't get what you're missing ?

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
I got it ... I have to talk to mother on the third floor after the girls.... then go to the basement and the search button will be there.

Reactions: Ottoeight

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Scenes 3 & 4 just can't be missed, they're available throughout the game.
08.00 in the morning if I'm correct, there's always Val in the kitchen.
Or maybe I didn't get what you're missing ?
He's telling that the icon which let her "satisfy" (handjobs, get naked) MC is missing.

My educated guess is that it's missing because MC doesn't have to do that particular task/quest (cum in front of a witness) on that day OR that Valerie isn't allowed to do it due to the plot mechanics (she must perform another action conflicting with the previous one because of plot reasons).

Reactions: ThL

Ursulior

Aug 22, 2018
He's telling that the icon which let her "satisfy" (handjobs, get naked) MC is missing.

My educated guess is that it's missing because MC doesn't have to do that particular task/quest (cum in front of a witness) on that day OR that Valerie isn't allowed to do it due to the plot mechanics (she must perform another action conflicting with the previous one because of plot reasons).
Your blind guess is wrong!
I tried to get this scene day after day with different tasks!
I have NO active quest at the moment except daily tasks. Still no interaction button!

ThL

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 9, 2018
I have NO active quest at the moment except daily tasks. Still no interaction button!
post a save, I'll try it

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
My answer is: quests are what you call tasks.

Once again: you guys haven't grasped how the game mechanics and the hints system work.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
v0.6 ends with a milestone event.
This makes it impossible to continue playing after the event to find missed scenes. If the game is split into separate chapters, it might be a lot of effort to plan mc's progress so that he does not miss any scenes.

I started a new game with v0.6 and as others reported before I also had problems with Valerie's events in the kitchen. (No problems in earlier version.) I played with good karma.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
v0.6 ends with a milestone event.
This makes it impossible to continue playing after the event to find missed scenes. If the game is split into separate chapters, it might be a lot of effort to plan mc's progress so that he does not miss any scenes.
So what. It happens in every damn game in the world.

Unlocking every scene is not mandatory.

I started a new game with v0.6 and as others reported before I also had problems with Valerie's events in the kitchen. (No problems in earlier version.) I played with good karma.
Man, there are NO problems IF you downloaded the 0.5 to 0.6c patch.

You HAVE to play the 0.6c version.

There are no bugs whatsoever with that damn "Valerie's event in the kitchen". People who are claiming it are simply wrong: they DID NOT understand how the game mechanics work - they can't tell the difference between the Hint system and the quest log.

Anyway, please don't reply:

I'm taking a break. See you when 0.7 comes out.

derive

May 2, 2018
Having the same problem, talked to mother, searched basement, talked to girls, etc. No bath icon.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
Having the same problem, talked to mother, searched basement, talked to girls, etc. No bath icon.
first talk with the girls .... This sets the task..... Then I went and talked to Mother in her room I think. THen go to basement. There should be a search button. Then bath,,,, the girl.... I hope this is right .. I can't remember

3.70 star(s) 43 Votes