Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well started playing and at all three of the first three choices I got"'an exception has occurred"
So, I restarted from scratch and... guess what? it DIDN'T happen to me ( noooooooooooo!!! who would have ever imagined it !?!?!?!?)

Now I guess you might ask yourself whether:

- you modded the game,
- you're playing a compressed version,
- you are NOT playing the bugfixed 0.6c version,
- you are playing an unofficial port/version - NOT provided by the author,
- you did NOT update your unzip software.

colt95

Jan 7, 2020
Because most F95 users can't tell the difference ;) .

Anyway, yes. MC is the only guy after the intro. Moving forward with story you will see the reason why.
i have played the whole update there is no swinging or share scene after the intro but i think i might come in future updates

Reactions: SolaDiRyuvia

light03

Feb 26, 2018
What is the over/under on Abigail being a honey trap to lure potential fathers to this cult and her "training" being a ruse to keep the MC convinced that she is a hostage like him? I'm taking bets.
And her boyfriend are previous father? So they just tested MC to become replacement? Is this the reason for his mysterious disappearance? Deadline expired? maybe fathers are look forever young too, it's just that their lifespan is finite lol...
Anyway yes, now we cannot trust her anymore...

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
v0.6 ends with a milestone event.
This makes it impossible to continue playing after the event to find missed scenes. If the game is split into separate chapters, it might be a lot of effort to plan mc's progress so that he does not miss any scenes.

I started a new game with v0.6 and as others reported before I also had problems with Valerie's events in the kitchen. (No problems in earlier version.) I played with good karma.
Yeah should be buggy for everyone.
The menu to ask her to jerk off is defined here (_valerie.rpy): 1652953784857.png

In 0.6 this check was added to the screen_talk.rpy:
1652953923991.png

But in the kitchen_idles.rpy there's no alt_menus defined:
1652954018110.png
Tried it in 0.5d and the talk button for Valerie shows up directly the first time you can meet her in the kitchen, in 0.6c it doesn't, even after several weeks of playing without any mods... (after adding an alt_menus myself to the idle it showed up the next day...)
I guess the stuff from the build_action_menu needs to be moved to it's own label and called through adding it to the idle as an alt_menus...

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
And her boyfriend are previous father? So they just tested MC to become replacement? Is this the reason for his mysterious disappearance? Deadline expired? maybe fathers are look forever young too, it's just that their lifespan is finite lol...
Anyway yes, now we cannot trust her anymore...
It is a possibility. I don't know what it is, but the entire beginning of the game made it seem that they were only lost in the woods because his friend wanted them to be lost there as he was hyper competent, knowing the woods like the back of his hand and they were relying on him. We cannot discount his involvement.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It is a possibility. I don't know what it is, but the entire beginning of the game made it seem that they were only lost in the woods because his friend wanted them to be lost there as he was hyper competent, knowing the woods like the back of his hand and they were relying on him. We cannot discount his involvement.
The way I understood it was that he guided them, because he was the only experienced hiker out of their small group. But then the forest turned into a puzzle section from a Zelda game, so his hiking skills didn't work anymore and only got him more confused.
I don't think the character's backstories were lies, but rather a plot device to make the memory loss more impactful. It's hard to tell where the story will go from here, because it's not yet clear, if magic is real or if there's something in the air.

n_a_m

Jan 29, 2020
There is no sound in the game but only in the title menu.
How to fix it?

Last edited:

gxpron

Oct 16, 2021
Yeah should be buggy for everyone.
The menu to ask her to jerk off is defined here (_valerie.rpy):
...snip...
I guess the stuff from the build_action_menu needs to be moved to it's own label and called through adding it to the idle as an alt_menus...
thanks for the forensics! I also didn't get the Valerie events despite a fresh .6C playthrough, which is blocking progress I believe, but this thread is so toxic to anyone having an issue I didn't want to raise it.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
thanks for the forensics! I also didn't get the Valerie events despite a fresh .6C playthrough, which is blocking progress I believe, but this thread is so toxic to anyone having an issue I didn't want to raise it.
I did the forensics because of the toxicity... ^^
If you want to cheat, you can enable the console (Unren.bat option #3 for instance) and if Valerie is in the kitchen go there, then press Shift+O to enable the console, then type in jump v_talk_hub and press enter. (I don't think the event gates anything though...)

gxpron

Oct 16, 2021
I did the forensics because of the toxicity... ^^
If you want to cheat, you can enable the console (Unren.bat option #3 for instance) and if Valerie is in the kitchen go there, then press Shift+O to enable the console, then type in jump v_talk_hub and press enter. (I don't think the event gates anything though...)
I just removed the alt_menus check in screen_talk.py ... it has a minor sideeffect of giving me the option to get relief from Val anytime I see her in several different places, but it let me progress through. Again, thanks for the work!

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
First time trying out the game and I am hooked. Just want to point out that I was asked if I would like to go ahead with the Christmas content, and evidently an image is missing. In red, the line Image '0.15-a-00' not found was posted.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Very enjoyable changes to the game. The 0.6 update was rewarding and sexy.

I feel like there should've been at least a small discussion between the MC and Abigail before the ceremony. What changed her mind? Was she really willing to commit? After all, just the day before they were still questioning and conspiring. And now, they all know that this ends with the MC growing old and dying, and the women living forever. That is quite a revelation.

Also, had a bug coming out of the last night where Abigail and the MC sleep with Mother. Had to do a lot of ignoring until it rolled out at 10 AM with everyone gone except Emma.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThL
3.70 star(s) 43 Votes