Ziel

Jul 10, 2017
Just tested on a new Act 2 game and it worked fine for me. Are you in the portal room and clicking the "Use Portal" button to insert the crystals? It's not a chest recipe. Also you need to have paid off the 10k debt to the guild.
yeah, doesn't work for me either. maybe because I didn't do it in the same day I get the letter? or maybe I shouldn't have charge the portal?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
screen state play.png
Just received this unbelievable screenshot / game state from a user (played, not cheated...).
Deeply impressed. o_O

Reactions: Doctor Shark

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
@ yv0751
when playing with auto-translator, the game gives such an error...
That translate tool seems not compatible.
I use a lot of python code mixed in with the „normal“ visual novel commands, so that might be it.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just tested on a new Act 2 game and it worked fine for me. Are you in the portal room and clicking the "Use Portal" button to insert the crystals? It's not a chest recipe. Also you need to have paid off the 10k debt to the guild.
GPG (SES) doesn't work for me. or any other aba combination. 4 different crystals in the game? I researched everything. I charged portal with scrolls to max. I'm doing it at 18:00. nothing. Queen is naked, posing and ready for toy. chated with her a lot. what am i missing?
- For nyx to appear you need to pay off the guild and get the guild letter in the next morning
- The toy and the queen are in the next version (V0.5.1), which is not public yet (just early-access released on patreon)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
If it's what the dev says then each fight is two d6s rolled against each other and you lose on ties. That means you win 42% of the time and lose 58% of the time. I really hated it at first and almost made the same posts as you both yesterday because going 0-3 twice in a row sucks. But after a while with no time limit and Nyx bringing back infinite gems it just kinda didn't matter and the odds didn't really feel that bad overall.

After more thought, I think the whole game might just be too much. I think the quickest route to get every chest and portal takes 28 squares which at 2 (probably at least 3, though) days per square is 56 days of just the portal game. Maybe the map should be smaller or you should be able to place more troops per day or it should work like Go where surrounding spaces on (2? 3?) sides should capture them for free or give you bonuses... idk.
Appreciate the thoughts.
- There will be slight tactical improvement next version (surrounded / cut off cells have a disadvantage)
- Also, this is not a minigame to solve right away but basically its the tactical map for the endgame. Still working on the balance and some improvements (V0.5.1: random portals with rewards appearing over the map, V0.6: Queen invading from the blue zone trying to take the Tower, ...)

This is my first game, so I still have a learning curve in game design I guess

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
Appreciate the thoughts.
- There will be slight tactical improvement next version (surrounded / cut off cells have a disadvantage)
- Also, this is not a minigame to solve right away but basically its the tactical map for the endgame. Still working on the balance and some improvements (V0.5.1: random portals with rewards appearing over the map, V0.6: Queen invading from the blue zone trying to take the Tower, ...)

This is my first game, so I still have a learning curve in game design I guess
For what it's worth, I love the gameplay of this game overall and think you've done a really great job, especially for a first-time designer. Obviously the portal game isn't finished (the brothel doesn't do anything yet and you can't interact with the institute at all, for example) so it wasn't entirely fair to judge it as is. The planned changes sound interesting. Any plans for Gwynn to provide bonuses to the portal game once you get her unlocked?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
For what it's worth, I love the gameplay of this game overall and think you've done a really great job, especially for a first-time designer. Obviously the portal game isn't finished (the brothel doesn't do anything yet and you can't interact with the institute at all, for example) so it wasn't entirely fair to judge it as is. The planned changes sound interesting. Any plans for Gwynn to provide bonuses to the portal game once you get her unlocked?
Thanks a lot.
Once Gwynn is in the tower she‘ll research the portals and unlock access to random appearing portals with new dungeon levels (The Archives) behind the portal. There the mc can collect scrolls of knowledge etc. to give to her and feed a kind of small research tree (items for nyx, costume, new crystals for the endgame, …)
The research tree will be im V0.6, but the portals & archive levels are implemented in V0.5.1 (early access release on patreon since yesterday)

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
If it's what the dev says then each fight is two d6s rolled against each other and you lose on ties. That means you win 42% of the time and lose 58% of the time. I really hated it at first and almost made the same posts as you both yesterday because going 0-3 twice in a row sucks. But after a while with no time limit and Nyx bringing back infinite gems it just kinda didn't matter and the odds didn't really feel that bad overall.

After more thought, I think the whole game might just be too much. I think the quickest route to get every chest and portal takes 28 squares which at 2 (probably at least 3, though) days per square is 56 days of just the portal game. Maybe the map should be smaller or you should be able to place more troops per day or it should work like Go where surrounding spaces on (2? 3?) sides should capture them for free or give you bonuses... idk.
I agree that it wasn't that big a deal once I pushed through, but it was still a terrible first impression nonetheless. It felt like a complete and utter waste of time. That said a smaller board and maybe the ability to move several gems from one tile to the other at the cost of 1 action would help alleviate that.

Ziel

Jul 10, 2017
I firstly started portal... feed it with scrolls until maxed. Then just used all possible combinations at 18:00 since G+P+G description kind of sucked... luckily, 3 number combination with 4 item is not that high. Nothing happened... nothing happened... bingoooooo... :D
My problem is that I can't "Activate" the portal, or start the portal.

After portal room key you need to do 2 things to be able to activate it:
  1. talk to the queen
  2. research the portal in the arcane room
all research done, talk with the queen done, pay the guild done, and I still can't activate the portal. maybe if you don't activate the portal the same day you are screw? cause I will have to start again and try to activate the portal the earliest posible.

Reactions: Eji

mark_hopkiss

Feb 7, 2018
I fucking love this game! I wish there were more outfits and more scenes with NYX, she is the best. If its possible you should add a way for the PC to be able to watch her at the bar, maybe through the scrying mirror?? just an idea i think would add a lot of replayability

Reactions: pablo1360

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
possible to remove Nyx panties yet or no?
Yes. It's part of the tavern training. After a few nights working there she'll complain that the owner wants them to work bottomless and she'll refuse and then you get the option to train her at night. After a few days she'll do dungeon runs bottomless and you can remove her shorts when spanking her.

• Angry
Reactions: Fio_012@@

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm playing around with Act 2 starts and I managed to summon Nyx at 18:00 with and without charging the portal by clicking "Use Portal", inserting a Crystal of Sublimation, a Crystal of Exchange, and a second Crystal of Sublimation in that order and then clicking Activate Portal. Even tried leaving and doing it the next day instead, at 18:00.

You're sure you're on the quest "The Headstrong Thief" (see screenshot)? I'll try starting a fresh game if I can find time this weekend to see if that makes a difference but I dunno.

Long shot, but to turn on the portal in the first place, you need to use a Crystal of Value, a Crystal of Exchange, and a Crystal of Sublimation in that order but since you're both talking about charging it I'm assuming you've done that already.

Thief.png

• Angry
Reactions: Fio_012@@

hafasd

Jul 4, 2021
Nyx is a great addition, the game was getting boring with only princess to talk to. Interested to see where this game goes.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
(1) The dancing game was the first minigame I made, in retrospect it is indeed overkill for what it achieves. Just wanted to make a slot machine. This minigame will be gone in the final version of the game. In the later stages of the game I did away with such minigames.
The dancing mini-game is quite unique ... it is just RNG so the player can only choose to buy additional chances, so there is not much interaction. Still it is nice to watch it from time to time.

I would not remove this part from the game. Instead let the player play through it once and on following occasions give the option to right away skip it for 1 point or play through it (with the current option to skip any time.)
So in summary : don't change too much.

Instead you could add a note in game that Dance increases Slut points only until 5.

Reactions: DarkLink

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
I like the game, but i still think that 2 members of the Thief Guild unable to unlock the chastity belt is kinda off.
Maybe the goblin have poor skills, but Nyx too?

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
In the intro, the princess says it can't be opened without the proper key. I just assume it's magic.
But there is a useless lockpick!
And you're right, she said you need a key.
But there are so many useless recipes, i'd add a magic lockpick if i was a member of the Thief Guild.
Hell, if every lock need a proper key, who are they robbing? Farmers? Beggars?

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
I started a brand new game and played through to summoning Nyx with no issues. I'm guessing that the people having problems aren't paying attention to the in-game dialogue at all and are just following the walkthrough and accidentally trying to sequence break, here's the basic flow of the game without h-scenes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope that helps the people who are having issues. I had two more thoughts while playing through yv0751 :
  1. Love the Supply Chest. When I did a from-scratch run last patch I kept running out of lantern oil but having the one chest is much more efficient and I seemed to always have what I needed.
  2. As soon as Irith gets to Sub 5, Pet Play will tell you that she can't gain any more from that favour and that you should proceed to the training room. Then the training room will tell you that she's not trained enough. I had to go to the walkthrough to learn that you need the "Well Trained Pet" achievement. I'm thinking the achievement should be granted at 5 Sub or the in-game wording should be less confusing.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes