Jan 1, 2021
My problem is that I can't "Activate" the portal, or start the portal.

all research done, talk with the queen done, pay the guild done, and I still can't activate the portal. maybe if you don't activate the portal the same day you are screw? cause I will have to start again and try to activate the portal the earliest posible.
Initial portal activation code is written on a wall on a right side of a portal xD

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
hi guy, how can i strengthen the portal defense? i can't figure out how to do it.
the notes say "extract magical essence from scrolls and other stuff" butt there is no way to extract and put into the portal??

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
lul, found it out myself ;S
klick: "use item" in the portal room -> choose a scroll and get one white gem on the left portalside

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Some Feedback :
- Portal Defense after some time seems pointless and boring. Every day use "Search" to get a free scroll, then use the scroll to add 1 point to portal defense, repeat the next day. This is just senseless clicking but no game play.
- Scrolls seem to be limited to sell/craft and strengthen portal. What about the ice/fire spells? The scrolls have different values, so they could have different strength when recharging the portal.
- Shouldn't the portal be defended on the portal tactical map?
- Charging the portal with magical energy should give some benefit on the other side like free charges.
(Noticed that charging the portal up to 6 gives up to 6 charges on the other side. This explains why my portal went from 6 to 0 in one night.)

- The Risk Game on the portal tactical map would be more interesting if attack/defense success would be affected by tactical situation, eg a defending field completely surrounded by attacker's forces should fall much faster. This could be achieved by adding bonus and malus to the dice rolls based on the number of surrounding fields controlled by the own and enemy side, eg attacker could get +10% or +1 flanking bonus for each field around the attacked field controlled by attacker while defender could get +10% or +1 bonus for each field around the attacker's field controlled by defender. There are several ways to define such boni. !!! Just make sure that the system also works in corner and border fields as intended. !!!
For an inner tile with 8 neighbours the sum of surounding attackers and defenders is always 8, so no need to count both attackers and defenders. (A = 8 - D, D = 8 - A)
(Tiles with strength 1 cannot attack and so are less a threat than tiles with multiple strength which allow a flanking attack. In a more complex system attack and defend boni could be based on degree of threat by surrounding tiles.)
If you want to stick to dice rolls with integers, you could apply the boni to the dice, e.g. +1 bonus could be either added to the result of RND(1,6) making it effectivly a RND(2,7) or it could change the dice to RND(1,7) which is a slightly inferior bonus compared to RND(2,7). If a +1 bonus per flanking tile is too strong you could change the base from RND(1,6) to RND(1,12) or any other number.

- A different approach would be to allow attacks from more than one tile on a single tile, each attacking tile giving up to 3 dice. Example : A strength 8 defending tile attacked from 4 sides simultaneously would face 4 x 3 = 12 attacking rolls against 8 defending rolls.
The portal tactical map then would become even more challenging by adding obstacles (tiles which cannot be accessed) and (terrain type) attack/defense boni to tiles like in a strategy game.

Last edited:

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
About 18:00 events :
- Doing the dungeon on your own ends at 18:00
- Doing the portal game ends at 18:00, but talking to Nyx after her dungeon raid advances time to 19:00, so you always miss the 18:00 events

There are also some minor inconsistencies :
- if Nyx does the morning routine and screws it, the bathing scene is unchanged. I would expect Irith to directly address the error there.
- if Nyx serves wine to Irith (training), it does not count for night visit.

The small icons for green, blue and purple fragrants and the respective ones with glitter are too similar when looking at crafting recipes. (Maybe add a golden star to the icons for glitter or so ...)

Last edited:

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Nice stuff. The magic supply chest I feel was definitely the right choice. You still got stuff to do, but it's not too much of a complete grind. I do feel that giving baths could also do with some refinement, as one of the "leftover repetitive tasks" - it's fine in the beginning, but towards the end of the current content, 2 favor are really not worth bothering anymore (so, okay, you can just not, but personally I'd rather see ways to improve favor-gain as the story continues for this bit).

Tendentially I agree with most of the things others have posted; I'd add that keeping the portal charged and keeping enough oil around is maybe a bit too easy now. Not that it was difficult before, but I feel like I'm swimming in resources (esp when Nyx joins, but even before then). The Totally-not-RISK game definitely needs some adjustments but apparently they are coming so I'm fine with that. I'm not expecting some super-complex minigame there.

In addition to all the other suggestions about it I'd personally like to see some sort of "we're getting attacked!" events; like randomly about once a week or so (player getting notified in the morning so you know to focus on the portal that day). Then a lot of your frontline fields get randomly hit (perhaps they are marked with swords or so?) and at the end of the day they randomly lose 1-5 crystals ... or something of that type. Either way, a more serious counter-attack mechanic so to speak.

Speaking about that minigame, would be nice if the Convert button showed the conversion rate. Real small detail, but would be nice.
And while I'm at small details, dunno if it's just random, but I'd find it helpful to keep items together in the inventory; esp. along the upgrade paths (iron -> silver -> gold -> platinum). At least for me some of them are (like the wood ones are all next to each other I think), but others aren't, so it can be a bit of a "search" to see how much you got overall of that path. But, again, real small inconvenience; not exactly super important.

Overall though even if nothing changes and the game just concludes the plot I honestly wouldn't have an issue with that. Yeah, it'd be a bit grindy in places but there's nothing there that I find too tedious; once you kinda figure out what's what you can progress pretty fast and ease and the characters definitely make it worth doing so.

Reactions: Tamerlane007

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I started a brand new game and played through to summoning Nyx with no issues. I'm guessing that the people having problems aren't paying attention to the in-game dialogue at all and are just following the walkthrough and accidentally trying to sequence break, here's the basic flow of the game without h-scenes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope that helps the people who are having issues. I had two more thoughts while playing through yv0751 :
  1. Love the Supply Chest. When I did a from-scratch run last patch I kept running out of lantern oil but having the one chest is much more efficient and I seemed to always have what I needed.
  2. As soon as Irith gets to Sub 5, Pet Play will tell you that she can't gain any more from that favour and that you should proceed to the training room. Then the training room will tell you that she's not trained enough. I had to go to the walkthrough to learn that you need the "Well Trained Pet" achievement. I'm thinking the achievement should be granted at 5 Sub or the in-game wording should be less confusing.
Great summary (better than my walkthrough ;) ) .
The „well trained pet“ isn‘t intuitive, i agree. I will change that to be awarded once she has 5 SUB (not after a sequence of 3 2+ SUB sessions)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
My problem is that I can't "Activate" the portal, or start the portal.

all research done, talk with the queen done, pay the guild done, and I still can't activate the portal. maybe if you don't activate the portal the same day you are screw? cause I will have to start again and try to activate the portal the earliest posible.
Hmmm, it should definitely not depend on how many days you wait. Only triggers after the guild letter are 18:00 and the gem combination. But i make a bug CRQ nonetheless to revisit that at testing new versions.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I fucking love this game! I wish there were more outfits and more scenes with NYX, she is the best. If its possible you should add a way for the PC to be able to watch her at the bar, maybe through the scrying mirror?? just an idea i think would add a lot of replayability
Thanks! In V0.5.1 you can watch her dance at the bar.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I like the game, but i still think that 2 members of the Thief Guild unable to unlock the chastity belt is kinda off.
Maybe the goblin have poor skills, but Nyx too?
It’s magical (that will be come clear in V0.5.1=. That#s why you need Gwynn the witch to assist with that.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
About 18:00 events :
- Doing the dungeon on your own ends at 18:00
- Doing the portal game ends at 18:00, but talking to Nyx after her dungeon raid advances time to 19:00, so you always miss the 18:00 events

There are also some minor inconsistencies :
- if Nyx does the morning routine and screws it, the bathing scene is unchanged. I would expect Irith to directly address the error there.
- if Nyx serves wine to Irith (training), it does not count for night visit.

The small icons for green, blue and purple fragrants and the respective ones with glitter are too similar when looking at crafting recipes. (Maybe add a golden star to the icons for glitter or so ...)
Good suggestions. Will put them in the list for game polish.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Some Feedback :
- Portal Defense after some time seems pointless and boring. Every day use "Search" to get a free scroll, then use the scroll to add 1 point to portal defense, repeat the next day. This is just senseless clicking but no game play.
- Scrolls seem to be limited to sell/craft and strengthen portal. What about the ice/fire spells? The scrolls have different values, so they could have different strength when recharging the portal.
- Shouldn't the portal be defended on the portal tactical map?
- Charging the portal with magical energy should give some benefit on the other side like free charges.
(Noticed that charging the portal up to 6 gives up to 6 charges on the other side. This explains why my portal went from 6 to 0 in one night.)

- The Risk Game on the portal tactical map would be more interesting if attack/defense success would be affected by tactical situation, eg a defending field completely surrounded by attacker's forces should fall much faster. This could be achieved by adding bonus and malus to the dice rolls based on the number of surrounding fields controlled by the own and enemy side, eg attacker could get +10% or +1 flanking bonus for each field around the attacked field controlled by attacker while defender could get +10% or +1 bonus for each field around the attacker's field controlled by defender. There are several ways to define such boni. !!! Just make sure that the system also works in corner and border fields as intended. !!!
For an inner tile with 8 neighbours the sum of surounding attackers and defenders is always 8, so no need to count both attackers and defenders. (A = 8 - D, D = 8 - A)
(Tiles with strength 1 cannot attack and so are less a threat than tiles with multiple strength which allow a flanking attack. In a more complex system attack and defend boni could be based on degree of threat by surrounding tiles.)
If you want to stick to dice rolls with integers, you could apply the boni to the dice, e.g. +1 bonus could be either added to the result of RND(1,6) making it effectivly a RND(2,7) or it could change the dice to RND(1,7) which is a slightly inferior bonus compared to RND(2,7). If a +1 bonus per flanking tile is too strong you could change the base from RND(1,6) to RND(1,12) or any other number.

- A different approach would be to allow attacks from more than one tile on a single tile, each attacking tile giving up to 3 dice. Example : A strength 8 defending tile attacked from 4 sides simultaneously would face 4 x 3 = 12 attacking rolls against 8 defending rolls.
The portal tactical map then would become even more challenging by adding obstacles (tiles which cannot be accessed) and (terrain type) attack/defense boni to tiles like in a strategy game.
Good tips. The surrounding situation will give a bonus in the next version (on the CRQ list already).
Will have to balance that portal game anyway once the Queen AI forces start to attack at each round (planned for next version)

I agree that charging the portal is redundant after you opened up the portal game. Will eliminate that feature, because success or failure at the portal will the be determined by your skill at fending of the (new) onboard attacks.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
possible to remove Nyx panties yet or no?
Yes.

In V0.5 you can remove her pants during the „no bottoms“ training for the tavern.
Once she has the achievement „shameless“, you can also send her exploring with no pants.

In V0.5.1 she dances nude at the tavern as well

Last edited:

laladon

Aug 24, 2016
need some help:
a) is in v5.0 a way to get the toy for the queen?
b) is in v5.0 a way to get the princess into the dungeon , after starting with act 2 and having all the dungeon awards? the help say "try it 10" but there is no dialogoption
c) is there in v5.0 a way to visit/use the portallocation institute?
thx

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Some more suggestions :
Once you killed the spectral slime guarding the treasure level, it is just walking around the whole level to collect all the coins and crystals without any danger.
It would reduce the repetitive part of the game if after killing the slime and looting the nearby chest there would be an option to automatically collect all stuff and return to previous level. This option could become available after completing this level for a few times.

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes