FlyerReady

Apr 25, 2022
How do I activate the portal? It says that I do that by placing the gems into the console. It also says a look around the room for clues and that the hint is the writing on the wall. I don't see any writing.

Reactions: Doctor Shark

Doctor Shark

Nov 7, 2019
How do I activate the portal? It says that I do that by placing the gems into the console. It also says a look around the room for clues and that the hint is the writing on the wall. I don't see any writing.
I blocked out the console for spoiler reasons but there's a couple clues in the room. Just to the right of the console, is a clue on the wall (although it's a bit faint) and then there are three gems on the floor in the order you're supposed to place them.
Portal.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

FlyerReady

Apr 25, 2022
I blocked out the console for spoiler reasons but there's a couple clues in the room. Just to the right of the console, is a clue on the wall (although it's a bit faint) and then there are three gems on the floor in the order you're supposed to place them.
View attachment 1974032
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
LOL. Now I feel stupid. I was thinking the mirror and the portal were the same thing. I somehow didn't realize that the door to the portal room was unlocked. Thank you.

Reactions: Doctor Shark

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just ran into this too: Grid Overfull when collecting too many different items from random transmutation. There's no way back then
Yeah. Forgot to back-merge that fix from V0.5.1. Put up new version v0.5c in OP. Sorry for that.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
You can unlock the portal somewhere around day 10 to day 20. At that stage new players usually are still busy
- collecting 26 k money for the guild to unlock Nyx,
- increasing mc's level in the dungeon to unlock more recipes,
- trying to find all the events to train Irith,
- collecting the 100 k,

Adding one event per week where mc looses up to 5 units randomly is very similar in effect as just giving the enemy another free 0.5 units per day.

In summary the portal game in v0.5 is just like 2 giant stacks of units where player attacks with ca 40% chance of success (RISK rules), so in average for every 2 units killed the player looses 3 units. The player can place up to 10 units per day if he plays the portal game and has enough crystals.
The enemy gets 2 new units per day. To break even the player has to add 1 unit per day to the keep the portal (scroll) and invest more than 3 units per day to kill in average the 2 new enemy units. Increasing the number of free enemy units per day will only slow down the players progress without adding any kind of new content.

In contrast to other strategy games the player does not permanently increase his income in resources by conquering parts of the map. (There is only a one-time bonus in crystal or cash per field.) The daily loot from Nyx can vary heavily between almost no (= 1-2 units) and several high value crystals (= 5-6 units). So in average after some early success against low value fields the progress will be very slow unless mc buys many more crystals in the shop.

To minimize the time and costs needed to complete the portal game after opening the portal, it is probably best to complete all Irith content, the 26 k, the 100 k and stockpile a huge amount of scrolls, crystals and cash before opening the portal. After opening the portal the daily costs to just keep the status quo are like : 1 scroll + 1 green crystal + 1 amber crystal

Edit :
At the moment, seen from a game design perspective, the mechanism to get some random number of scrolls and crystals from the dungeon each day and then to have to spent a certain amount of those scrolls and crystals each day to keep the status quo with the side condition that the player should not fail too easily makes the whole status quo upkeep almost redundant. In current situation with the player as attacker and queen as defender and the player paying upkeep each day, it would be the same game if the player would just get some less scrolls and crystals from RNG and the portal would cost no upkeep and the queen would not get new units each day but instead would move some of her units from tile to tile to strengthen positions using the game rules. (In theory the player could open the portal and then decide to ignore it, investing the crystals into other areas, and later paying all the accumulated daily costs when returning to the portal game, but as pointed out above, in current situation this is a bad strategy. If you don't want to play the portal game yet, to minimize the overall costs delay opening the portal until you are ready. However removing the daily costs to keep the status quo would add more flexibility and allow players to more easily open the portal and still spend days with other activities without accumulating a disadvantage.)

The game would be more interesting if the player could conquer special tiles (e.g. other portals) to generate new (or place additional) units each day. This would also help to overcome a strong opponent in reasonable time.
Thanks for the hints. The importance of the portal game "field occupation" activity will consist of the following four gameplay relevant aspects:
  1. (V0.5) Fight your path to new game / story elements by occupying the other portal fields (shop, etc.)
  2. (V0.5.1) Ensure, that you own that field, once the random gates to "The Archives" dungeon levels pop up on it so you can enter the connected dungeon and get scrolls necessary to advance gameplay
  3. (V0.5.1) Fight your way up to the blue zone and attack at least once to establish a link to the Queen's Keep (sending toys, infiltrators, ...)
  4. (V0.6) Fend of the counterattacks by the Queen once she attacks. In that case you are well advised to have conquered a buffer zone around your portals or they are gone / will be occupied quickly, as she aims or them and then it is game over if she gets the main portal
The chests and gems gained on the fields are just embellishments not gameplay deciding, as you correctly pointed out.

Some tactical aspects suggested in your post I will definitely take into consideration for V0.6.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I’ve never seen a more responsive dev! Nigh-constant replies in thread, and frequent Patreon posts!

My thoughts, in no particular order:

I usually shy away from 3d games, but your style is cartoony enough to avoid the dreaded ‘goblin face’ which is ironic considering… yaknow… the goblin. The only things that stood out were Queen Illiana’s lying on her back and facing the camera pose, which looks… vaguely possessed, and Irith’s face when she’s wearing the collar, where the eyes don’t point in the same direction.

Have you considered adding something like an achievements page? Mouseover locked achievements for a hint/instructions so you don’t have to keep telling folks in the thread ;p

It took me an embarrassingly long time to think of upgrading the bath with the Glitter Fragrance, just waiting for her to request it. It wasn’t until after I was allowed to chat while she’s in the bath (an opportunity I embraced with both hands, some of those poses are phenomenal. Though I did notice that she used the razor even when I didn’t bring it, SOD broken.) and she kept talking about how much she liked glitter.

Would it make more sense for the Erotic Novel to be in the Arcane Room? Might make it harder to find, though.

I keep trying to navigate the dungeon with the mouse, I think the only other place that requires the keyboard is interacting with the stash. Neither of these are game-breaking, just jarring. And my other hand is… occupied.

The dungeon itself is pretty fun. It could use some QoL updates, but it’s just satisfying to delve into ever-changing floors to extract plunder.

Unlocking recipes is a bit weird, sometimes there’s nothing to learn from research, sometimes there’s a new recipe or three. Is this tied to plot advancement somehow?

Some items don’t seem to have a purpose; I assume the Steel Buttplugs/Spiked Dog Collar with be sent to the queen in the future, and Irith’s reaction to being given them implies that the Silver/Gold Nails and Ceder/Ebony Wood will be used for crafting, but what am I supposed to do with Adventure Novels?

On a compleatly unrelated note, the game crashes when the inventory gets too full. Exception: Grid overfull.

Lamp Oil is tracked in the information panel on the top of the screen, I assume this is a remnant from an earlier build?

Does Arousal do anything? Or is it just there to taunt me?

Is a gallery mode planned for the future? I ask because I’ve got 6 pages of moments saved to revisit.

I keep trying to use the lockpick while Nyx’s in the bath, but no such luck :(

There seems to be plenty of play in Irith’s belt. Which does explain how she manages to shave with it on. And masturbate, which is a shame. The royal belt-fitter needs a good talking-too.

Irith mentions dancing in the hallway, but doesn’t seem to actually do it. In most games I’d consider this to flavor text, but enough idle chatter has been relevant in this game (good job on that) that it stands out.

Does anything happen if you don’t take the loot/gold from Nyx? If not, why is it an option? Why is the take loot button separate from the take gold button? Truly the loot report is the most perplexing single screen in videogame history. On the other hand the hands-behind-her-back, eyes-downcast pose makes it all worthwhile.

Related, the lighting crystals by the Arcane Room door really pop when everything’s faded for the loot report. Hardly the end of the world, but I keep wanting to click on them.

And related to that, more things should be clickable! The door navigation is good, but once you’re in the room it’s all interacted with via the lower-left. Let me click on the mirror, the bath, the chest, the desk, the portal, etc.!

Where does Nyx go when she’s not assigned to the dungeon? Inquiring minds want to know.

Irith is growing into a very capable adventurer. Loving manipulating the naïve girl by preparing her for a world that doesn’t exist. At least she’s got plenty of stamina, she can masturbate for hours! Very much looking forward to getting her those nipple rings!

Nyx’s embarrassment/’special guild training’ is great, looking forward to continuing that. Wish we could train her, even when there’s “nothing to learn”

The whole corrupting the corruptor thing going on with the queen is weirdly doing it for me. Just the little glimpses of what’s going on with her chambermaids/court ladies is phenomenal, then the interactions with her (Yes yes, you’re very important and powerful your highness. Now strip and get on the stool, I'm having this conversation with your tits and twat.) Cannot wait to connect to her portal to send toys. Which isn’t going to bite me in the ass at all… She might have a point about goblin hornyness.

Patreon question: what's the functional difference between the All-access and the VIP levels? There’s not a lot of posts tagged poll, are there more that just didn’t get tagged? Is there any information about the Fan Requests?
Glad that you enjoy the game.
Great suggestions for refinement in the interaction.
Some answers on specific points:
  • gallery feature is included in V0.5.1
  • VIP on patreon get trial versions on game mechanics and the first wave of early access as well as the occasional content. Polls with VIP on content (design decisions etc) will start soon, once there is critical mass for VIP only polls
  • clickability in the UI comes with my next game end of the year, as I didn‘t want to redo the entire UI
  • arousal triggers iriths pleasuring scenes (only that at the moment)
  • recipe finding is tied to level of MC
  • some items are clutter, others are for future features (e.g. the plugs for Nyx, the steel plug triggers quest to look for a pink one and open the belt for irith, …)
  • loot report two buttons is poor design. Ill change that to one
  • lockpick can be used on the belt in V0.5.1
I hope I touched the main ones.

Reactions: Biblioimmortal

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
How do you night visit Irith? Doesn't matter when I give her wine, whether I sleepover with her or not, and when I visit her room, it just rolls over to the next day. The walkthrough does not help here. I've done all that is asked and still not working. I've maxed stats and made progress everywhere else (including with Nyx)
Should work with the wine, though its gratuitous in act 2 and not necessary for advancement.
Anyway, i‘ll add an entry to the bug list to look at with the next version testing.

updonwow123

Jan 25, 2021
Hello,
Very nice game you created. Is their anything you can go do at the brothel with public release .5a? Also, does the patron update of .5a have any extra content/mini games that the public game does not have?

Thank you

Don

DarkLurker12

Aug 26, 2021
Are there any plans for some sort of Submission hirarchy? I want to have my idiot princess dominating eveyone but the Gobo in that bratty manner of hers, especially the mad queen.

whitnol

Feb 19, 2022
I feel like I'm missing something, because I keep doing the Dungeon and I still don't have the key for the next level of dungeon or the key for the portal or the erotic novel. Is there some trick I'm missing?

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
I feel like I'm missing something, because I keep doing the Dungeon and I still don't have the key for the next level of dungeon or the key for the portal or the erotic novel. Is there some trick I'm missing?
There is a walkthrough linked in the OP.
In your case you need to talk to the queen via the mirror in your room. This should give you the key to 2nd floor. However afaIk the key for 3rd floor dungeon is not available yet.
The erotic novel requires an event with the princess, so be sure to explore all options with her and also check on her during different times of the day.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hello,
Very nice game you created. Is their anything you can go do at the brothel with public release .5a? Also, does the patron update of .5a have any extra content/mini games that the public game does not have?

Thank you

Don
thanks.
Yes (visit with Nyx to advance story in v0.5a) and yes, V0.5.1 is a content update, a lot of new stuff.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Are there any plans for some sort of Submission hirarchy? I want to have my idiot princess dominating eveyone but the Gobo in that bratty manner of hers, especially the mad queen.
At the moment it would be mc-> other NPC, later definitely Irith -> Queen (for ending). Nyx -> Gwynn not decided yet…

riichidesu

Sep 25, 2021
So who is really training who? because after the first event in the Training room, it seems our little slutty princess is not as clueless as she seems. Really loving the game

Reactions: yv0751
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes