Goophern

Jan 27, 2020
I think I am stuck! Played v5.0 until day 50. Expanded the portal plane completely (except the blue). Gwynn appeared in a couple of monologues but I did not know of the Mirror contact thing and now I do not seem to be able to get in contact with her!
Neither can I take Nyx to the Brothel! What am I missing?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
V0.5.1 Released on Patreon

promo v051.png

V0.5.1 is a significant content update to V0.5

Major Changes in V0.5.1a vs. 0.5Public

- Irith: New cutscenes (hallway reward, belt opening, bath massage, pet walk, …)
- Nyx: New cutscenes (tavern dancing, interaction with Gwynn)
- Iliana: New cutscenes (toy usage)
- Gwynn: New character & interactions
- Portal: New portal location (The Archives, The Archives Treasure Chamber)

- Minigame: Belt lock picking
- GUI: Gallery with screens to collect achievements etc.
- New items
- New tower location (The Attic)
- Improved inventory
- Some bug fixes and graphical updates / re-renders
- Rebalancing (Nyx loot improved by level, ….
- Console mode now active by default (SHIFT-O)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I think I am stuck! Played v5.0 until day 50. Expanded the portal plane completely (except the blue). Gwynn appeared in a couple of monologues but I did not know of the Mirror contact thing and now I do not seem to be able to get in contact with her!
Neither can I take Nyx to the Brothel! What am I missing?
Yeah, day 50 should be complete content. Don't continue, seems waste of time if something is inconsistent
Things you could try:
  • Bring Gwynn over with the correct portal combination (see walkthrough 0.5.1 or ingame quest log)
  • Nyx can only go to the Brothel (once), if she has danced until SLU >=4 and you own the brothel portal AND you have paid the Madame (3 gold bars)
Just noticed one thing: All of the above applies to V0.5.1, the content you refer to does not exist in V0.5 yet

Last edited:

Goophern

Jan 27, 2020
Yeah, day 50 should be complete content. Don't continue, seems waste of time if something is inconsistent
Things you could try:
  • Bring Gwynn over with the correct portal combination (see walkthrough 0.5.1 or ingame quest log)
  • Nyx can only go to the Brothel (once), if she has danced until SLU >=4 and you own the brothel portal AND you have paid the Madame (3 gold bars)
Just noticed one thing: All of the above applies to V0.5.1, the content you refer to does not exist in V0.5 yet
Thanks for the quick answer!
Being a Patron I downloaded v0.5.1 but I think maby the save from day 50 v0.5 messes things up? I hate when that happens

Biblioimmortal

Jul 17, 2017
Night visits when Irith isn’t asleep enough have ‘you return to your chambers and fall asleep’ followed by ‘you return to your room and soon fall asleep’

Speaking of night visits, if Grex can’t pump out two loads, why does he stick around? Admittedly, the rising and falling of her bosom are a compelling argument.

Also, does she sleep in that crown‽ That looks uncomfortable!

Holy shit, you actually changed it so that she only uses the razor when you bring it to her! Now that's attention to detail!

The note on portal travel has extraneous commas

The overnight scenes with the queen (with 23, with the court lady, and with kneeling maids) are not in the gallery

When Nyx is brought through the portal she is both topless and clothed. Not complaining too much, but it makes “Why are your boobs out, Princess?” and “I would never display mine like that…” even funnier.

Nyx will comment on the 5,000g reward when she's in the dungeon

“I will take half of any money, you might have hidden from me.” has an extraneous comma, and no speaker

Nyx can bring Irith wine while she is locked in the cage

Gwynn doesn’t actually tell us the gem combo when it is researched

Exceptions:
An exception occurs at night after “Enemy positions on the portal field will now be reinforced at night!”

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Two exceptions occur when sending Nyx to the tavern after she has been given the option to the tavern, and the dancing outfit has been acquired
And

An exception occurs when opening the quest log after Gwynn’s arrival

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Night visits when Irith isn’t asleep enough have ‘you return to your chambers and fall asleep’ followed by ‘you return to your room and soon fall asleep’

Speaking of night visits, if Grex can’t pump out two loads, why does he stick around? Admittedly, the rising and falling of her bosom are a compelling argument.

Also, does she sleep in that crown‽ That looks uncomfortable!

Holy shit, you actually changed it so that she only uses the razor when you bring it to her! Now that's attention to detail!

The note on portal travel has extraneous commas

The overnight scenes with the queen (with 23, with the court lady, and with kneeling maids) are not in the gallery

When Nyx is brought through the portal she is both topless and clothed. Not complaining too much, but it makes “Why are your boobs out, Princess?” and “I would never display mine like that…” even funnier.

Nyx will comment on the 5,000g reward when she's in the dungeon

“I will take half of any money, you might have hidden from me.” has an extraneous comma, and no speaker

Nyx can bring Irith wine while she is locked in the cage

Gwynn doesn’t actually tell us the gem combo when it is researched

Exceptions:
An exception occurs at night after “Enemy positions on the portal field will now be reinforced at night!”

Two exceptions occur when sending Nyx to the tavern after she has been given the option to the tavern, and the dancing outfit has been acquired
And

An exception occurs when opening the quest log after Gwynn’s arrival

Thanks for the playtesting. I assume this was all V0.6 DEV Preview.
There were so many massive changes to underlaying structure that some findings were unavoidable.
Will put it in the buglist, seem to be straightforward to fix.

I monitor my discord bug channel more closely, probably easier for you to dump reports just there for the non released versions to keep them apart.
First had a shock that V0.5c has so many issues still ;)

Biblioimmortal

Jul 17, 2017
Please include the version number at the start of your post, especially when reporting bugs found in a dev version which is not (yet) published on this site. Your crash logs show : The Princess And The Tower 0.6DEV220814
o7
Good point, thank you
Thanks for the playtesting. I assume this was all V0.6 DEV Preview.
Glad to help, had a lazy Sunday and needed something to do.
There were so many massive changes to underlaying structure that some findings were unavoidable.
Oh, absolutely; that's what the dev builds are for!
I monitor my discord bug channel more closely, probably easier for you to dump reports just there for the non released versions to keep them apart.
Shall do
First had a shock that V0.5c has so many issues still ;)
lol, sorry for the heart attack!

Willhelmcz

Apr 11, 2021
Did somebody figure out how to recombine scroll of knowledge from scroll fragments in Patreon v0.5.1? I have 20+ tried it in magic chest, but no success...

Biblioimmortal

Jul 17, 2017
Did somebody figure out how to recombine scroll of knowledge from scroll fragments in Patreon v0.5.1? I have 20+ tried it in magic chest, but no success...
10 scroll fragments in the magic chest with no gems should produce a scroll of knowledge. Same way 10 iron makes one silver

Reactions: yv0751

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
Hi yv0751

I have two questions about the portal.
First of all, do you have to capture all the fields or is it enough to open paths to selected places?
Where do the passages in the top two corners lead?

Thanks for the answer.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Hi yv0751

I have two questions about the portal.
First of all, do you have to capture all the fields or is it enough to open paths to selected places?
Where do the passages in the top two corners lead?

Thanks for the answer.
  • To win the game you need to have access to the shop, the brothel and the tavern.
  • Contact with the blue zone (the Queen's Zone) triggers the endgame (Queen AI attack on the field begins, V0.6+).
    The Portal in there leads to her Keep, you do not need to take it.
  • The Institute is an optional field for a special ending if you hold it when the game ends.

Reactions: rdblev and L0thar

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Anyway to undo attacking a blue square in the portal? I can no longer win a single battle.
The blue zone cannot be defeated in V5.x
In V0.6 the mechanics will be expanded regarding Board AI and counterattacks for the end game.

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes