weealex

May 12, 2018
Yes, you are supposed to fail.
Then, chain of quests starts.
how long does it take to get the quest chain to start? I've gone several days now after attacking the queen's domain and other than a little scene the first night I haven't gotten any new quests. I've done everything else I can and am just sitting on a pile of research points and money now

Reactions: Power Lord

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Just posted my review Y.V
0.9b.1 (regular mode)

This dev is the real deal. It's obvious they are a real programmer and advanced 3D animator. There's a lot "game" here.

Cons:
It is a bit grindy and not a fap fest. The CGIs are a bit grainy and the 720p resolution is disappointing for a 2022 game. I recommend playing on easy if you don't like grind, yes there's an easy mode.

So why 5 stars:
The characters are well written and amazingly animated. I can instantly imagine this dev rebooting Akaburs famous Witch Trainer with his 3D, animation and coding chops. The dev clearly has skills that are being let down by under powered hardware for rendering.

Seriously dev, consider rebooting Witch Trainer. You may be 1 of 5 devs on this site who actually has the skills and work output to achieve it.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just posted my review Y.V
0.9b.1 (regular mode)

This dev is the real deal. It's obvious they are a real programmer and advanced 3D animator. There's a lot "game" here.

Cons:
It is a bit grindy and not a fap fest. The CGIs are a bit grainy and the 720p resolution is disappointing for a 2022 game. I recommend playing on easy if you don't like grind, yes there's an easy mode.

So why 5 stars:
The characters are well written and amazingly animated. I can instantly imagine this dev rebooting Akaburs famous Witch Trainer with his 3D, animation and coding chops. The dev clearly has skills that are being let down by under powered hardware for rendering.

Seriously dev, consider rebooting Witch Trainer. You may be 1 of 5 devs on this site who actually has the skills and work output to achieve it.
Glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the review!

I started out with a laptop (Mac) which had no GPU for the renders (CPU only) thus the graininess and the decision to add the chibi-esk akabur style mini anims (I love PT and WT), which were easy on the machine.

Space Journey X will be 1920x1080 and all the backgrounds are done with blender and full GPU support.
Also will aim at doing more bigger anims (like in the harem ending)

I plan for one full game every 12 months, so after SJX there might be a chance for a WT style game (without cloning it)

SamHaim

Aug 23, 2019
Quest log looks ok. I assume you conquered the Keep portal already.

If not done yet:
Go to Irith, choose "Bid Farewell" and then give her the spider as present.
Go to bed and then the new events kick off.
Btw: to visit Illiana use the trapdoor next to the dungeon stairs.

Ill have s look into the save later.
This was very helpful, thank you. It wasn't obvious Gwynns content, and a lot of other content, would come after saying fairwell to Irith and the spider amulet kept things going. It certainly felt like it was too early for a game ending, I'm happy there's so much more left. Would probably be better to have a dialogue box with a "Give amulet and continue the game" or "See early game ending" options.

Glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the review!

I started out with a laptop (Mac) which had no GPU for the renders (CPU only) thus the graininess and the decision to add the chibi-esk akabur style mini anims (I love PT and WT), which were easy on the machine.

Space Journey X will be 1920x1080 and all the backgrounds are done with blender and full GPU support.
Also will aim at doing more bigger anims (like in the harem ending)

I plan for one full game every 12 months, so after SJX there might be a chance for a WT style game (without cloning it)
I will definitely watch for Space Journey X. If you can output a game of this caliber in 1 year then you are destined for success. I'll keep my fingers crossed and pray that in 2024 we see a Witch Trainer reboot :devilish::LOL:

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Does anyone have a better description of how to trigger the Evil Irith quest? I have a save point right before I capture the last 2 points on the portal map, the Keep and a blank space next to it. So I've captured the blank space, got the option for the farewell dialogue, and I've seen the first ending. But I've gone back and captured both points and got the quest log for the optional Goblin King ending. But no matter what I do, either with the Goblin King quest active or not, I can't get any different dialogue with Irith. The guide very un-helpfully says...

- Chat with irith about the keep portal, say farewell and go to sleep for the normal ending (Ending One)
- Give Irith the mysterious spider amulet after the chat to kick off events for the Evil Irith ending (Ending Two)

So do I need this Spider Amulet beforehand? If so, where do I find it? What else needs to be done to trigger this portal dialogue with Irith before you bid her farewell?

This early-Lucasarts adventure game Moon Logic™ bullshit is frustrating as hell...

aaasdfg

May 23, 2022
Okay so I'm completely stuck. I can't trigger the Goblin King quest.

I'm sure i've found at least one bug...

So I trigger the evil irith quest, talk to the goblin girl, get the map, but I can't get the dialogue option to trigger with Gwynn regarding the throneroom being guarded. I've been to the throne room, I've died in the throneroom. I've even searched both chests in the throne room and gotten 2 scepters out of them. This is right at the start of the evil Irith questline when you get the quest to scout the burrows.

Am I missing something? Like I said I was able to get two scepters out of the chest but I can't interact with them in any way I can see.

Reactions: GunSkald

aaasdfg

May 23, 2022
Okay so I'm completely stuck. I can't trigger the Goblin King quest.

I'm sure i've found at least one bug...

So I trigger the evil irith quest, talk to the goblin girl, get the map, but I can't get the dialogue option to trigger with Gwynn regarding the throneroom being guarded. I've been to the throne room, I've died in the throneroom. I've even searched both chests in the throne room and gotten 2 scepters out of them. This is right at the start of the evil Irith questline when you get the quest to scout the burrows.

Am I missing something? Like I said I was able to get two scepters out of the chest but I can't interact with them in any way I can see.

Ah! I figured out my own question. You have to built the milking contraption BEFORE you go to the throne room to continue the questline. Otherwise, if you go to the throne room and don't die, you just get the scepters. Deffo an issue there and it's not clear in the guides.

Also, for anyone asking about the evil irith questline, heres how you get it.

Once you've searched the chest for the tome of knowledge (I think its the one for the crystal plug research?) or whatever it's called, go back and do the same dungeon again. In the same chest youll find the amulet

Say goodbye to Irith, then AFTER you say farewell, give her the amulet. Go to bed. This triggers the questline.

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
I have the scepter and the crown but when i try to enter the keep i keep getting the message about the other quest. Its this a bug?

Mar 16, 2020
Not sure if Im being stupid, but I must have missed the Lower Dungeon Level Key somwhere, and cant for the life of me find it. Cant open the trapdoor in the cellar might have missed something there as well.

Edit: Scratch that, turns out there is a "search" button in the Cellar I somehow missed up until I hit Act2

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
No, need to complete the nipple rings and belt master key before completing the gobling king quest
When i do the other quest, the one about the belt, the game ends with the second ending.
EDIT: At this point, i will accept a saved game. Nice game, but waaaay to grindy.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 52 Votes