• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

EFon

Apr 24, 2018
- pay off the Guild
- they send you a letter with the code for Nyx to come over
- summon her through the portal
- she'll give you the instructions for the portal

The game itself is like risk. Try to always attack with 3 (=max) units.
How come I can't win ANYTHING in the queen's territory? Not a single one after dozens of max attacks!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
put a lock pick in the left square and the four crystal sequence in the quest log (Su = Sublimation etc.) in the bottom row and press open. voilà.

Make sure to go for the right combination.

one : gwynn tells you in the mirror
two: belt research "short"
three: belt research "long"

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
How come I can't win ANYTHING in the queen's territory? Not a single one after dozens of max attacks!
Attack her once. This enables you to send her the toy via shop and later research the conduit. Bunch of quests trigger from there.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
First time playing game, got smacked with :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When entering princess room, princess sprite replaced with red blank when Ignore is pressed. only on second day so far, and in that "new game, floundering around a bit" phase

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
First time playing game, got smacked with :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When entering princess room, princess sprite replaced with red blank when Ignore is pressed. only on second day so far, and in that "new game, floundering around a bit" phase
Odd. Looks like a total FUBAR situation. Never seen that, this version has been around for weeks with thousands of D/Ls.

I assume the following:
1. You dowloaded 0.9b.1 (uncompressed, unmodified, untranslated, ...) version from MEGA or Workupload in OP (my files)
2. You installed game in a new folder
3. You did _NOT_resume form a previous version savegame
4. You run Windows or OSX

If all of 1-4 is true I have no idea and can only recommend to redownload and reinstall.
If you have a savegame right before issue, pls post.

If any of above is false, pls fix and try again.

Last edited:

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Odd. Looks like a total FUBAR situation. Never seen that, this version has been around for weeks with thousands of D/Ls.

I assume the following:
1. You dowloaded 0.9b.1 (uncompressed) version from MEGA or Workupload in OP (my files)
2. You installed game in a new folder
3. You did _NOT_resume form a previous version savegame
4. You run Windows or OSX

If all of 1-4 is true I have no idea and can only recommend to redownload and reinstall.
If any of above is false, pls fix and try again.
1. Yes
2. Yup
3. only played game for first time today, so yes
4. Win 10 Pro

will redownload and reinstall and start a new game and see what happens... had thought on why this might have happened : System locale is set to japanese for a some specific jap game to work, but hasn't interfered with anything before, will set locale back to english for reinstall and report back in... 10-20 mins.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
and nope, set my locale back to United Kingdom, Re-downloaded and reinstalled, new game, still get error when entering Princess's room at 8:00 (it's fine at any other time so far)

Untitled.png

also should mention that the blank in pic above is clickable to get the princess interaction buttons still.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
and nope, set my locale back to United Kingdom, Re-downloaded and reinstalled, new game, still get error when entering Princess's room at 8:00 (it's fine at any other time so far)

View attachment 2294447

also should mention that the blank in pic above is clickable to get the princess interaction buttons still.
Thanks for clarifying.
Totally embarrassing testing oversight on my part. Its 8:00 (I assume you got there doing "Tower Duties" for one hour in the hallway to pass one hour, that feature should not show up at 7:00).

Workaround:
Do not do "Tower Duties" at 7:00 in the hallway (button shouldnt be there at 7:00), just enter her room and wake her up and time moves to 9:00.

Thanks for submitting the issue.

Reactions: Z_man and SamHaim

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Thanks for clarifying.
Totally embarrassing testing oversight on my part. Its 8:00 (I assume you got there doing "Tower Duties" for one hour in the hallway to pass one hour, that feature should not show up at 7:00).

Workaround:
Do not do "Tower Duties" at 7:00 in the hallway (button shouldnt be there at 7:00), just enter her room and wake her up and time moves to 9:00.

Thanks for submitting the issue.
Hey no problem, Surprised to be the first one to blunder his way into that error, I usually try combinations of different things that can be done to see variants of scenes and such with games like these, I think(?) going downstairs and doing research also advances the time to 8:00 in the morning as well, so may want to look into that?

Reactions: yv0751

Arn5o5

Nov 17, 2018
Just got soft-locked in the Burrows inside the "Evil Irith" path. :(
Saved three captives, but on one of my attempts was caught by guard afterwards and lost the map fragment in the process. The quest to build the contraption doesn't trigger (2/3 plans), but you can't enter the burrows anymore to save another captive, it's guarded.
That's easily fixed through going back to a previous save, or within the console, but nevertheless, I don't think that's supposed to happen. ;)

Pakhawaj

Aug 23, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm stuck, but I don't know what I should be doing.

I've renovated the cell downstairs, but when I start the pet game with the princess, it says that in order to progress I must bring her downstairs to the cell, but I don't see a way to do that.

What's the point of sending Nyx on missions? She's so much worse than doing them yourself. Does it achieve anything?

Does the portal do anything? The description said it would decrease in energy, and I would need to power it up, but it's been a long time and that hasn't happened yet.

If it's not spoilers- the quest "a new toy for the queen" suggests that I should have access to a shop. Does it mean the conversion chest?

ExpDes

Apr 13, 2021
I appear to be stuck and it appears that I cannot proceed beyond what was available in version 0.7 despite having version 0.9 and having started a new game.
  • I have played the older version before, but I did start a new game and saved it to a new file as well.
  • A clue came when talking with the princess about nipple rings, just after talking the princess I see a dialogue appearing mentioning that more content is to be expected in version 0.8+
  • Something that I noticed is that old save games are still present in the folder:
    "..\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ThePrincessAndTheTower"
I read something about save-game compatibility. I made the assumption that this means that you can't use the save games made in an earlier version of the game and thus have two options...
(1) start a new game from the beginning.
(2) start a new game but select a later chapter to not have to do the beginning again.

Could this assumption be incorrect? Meaning that the last chapters are only available when starting NOT on chapter one?
Or could files in the AppData causes this error, for instance old save games or file with the name 'persistent'?
Something else?

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes