yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I appear to be stuck and it appears that I cannot proceed beyond what was available in version 0.7 despite having version 0.9 and having started a new game.
  • I have played the older version before, but I did start a new game and saved it to a new file as well.
  • A clue came when talking with the princess about nipple rings, just after talking the princess I see a dialogue appearing mentioning that more content is to be expected in version 0.8+
  • Something that I noticed is that old save games are still present in the folder:
    "..\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ThePrincessAndTheTower"
I read something about save-game compatibility. I made the assumption that this means that you can't use the save games made in an earlier version of the game and thus have two options...
(1) start a new game from the beginning.
(2) start a new game but select a later chapter to not have to do the beginning again.

Could this assumption be incorrect? Meaning that the last chapters are only available when starting NOT on chapter one?
Or could files in the AppData causes this error, for instance old save games or file with the name 'persistent'?
Something else?
Version 0.9 can be played either from start or from any act x set point. old savegames in the folder are no issue as long ss you dont use them.
Don't know where you are stuck, but probably you need to get the spider amulet in the Insanitarium. Then all the new quests kick off, starting with the evil irith quest.

If this still doesn't work please post your save and i'll have a look.

ExpDes

Apr 13, 2021
Don't know where you are stuck, but probably you need to get the spider amulet in the Insanitarium. Then all the new quests kick off, starting with the evil irith quest.

If this still doesn't work please post your save and i'll have a look.
I already have the spider amulet *but cannot give it to Irith .
I have added the save game.

Could the file 'persistent' be involved? I notice that it gets updated as soon as you open the game, even without loading a save. And the file gets saved both in the "ThePrincessAndTheTower-0.9b.1-pc\game\saves" folder as well as in the "..\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ThePrincessAndTheTower" folder. What would for instance happen when you open an old version of the game and close it before loading a save game?

Anyway, this is just wild guessing from my end. Should I start a new game in a new version, I will probably clean my AppData files just in case.

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
same question
Perhaps the problem can come from objects I got from the barrel like the training kit
Also dont know what to do with captive queen

HentaiMaster 9000

Donor
Jul 2, 2017
I finished the game was ok besides the hellish grind that seemed to be put in to pad play time, but i wanted to know if someone had a full gallery save or unlocker?

Sep 4, 2017
I am trying to milk Illiana to get enchanted milk, but I am being told that "maybe the gems were wrong or it is not the right time". So which are the right gems and when is the right time?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

Could the file 'persistent' be involved? I notice that it gets updated as soon as you open the game, even without loading a save. And the file gets saved both in the "ThePrincessAndTheTower-0.9b.1-pc\game\saves" folder as well as in the "..\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\ThePrincessAndTheTower" folder. What would for instance happen when you open an old version of the game and close it before loading a save game?

Anyway, this is just wild guessing from my end. Should I start a new game in a new version, I will probably clean my AppData files just in case.
Thanks, will look into it.

Please note that you can give the amulet only after you say farewell to irith.

The farewell option appears in irith dialogue once you have conquered the portal field which has the keep portal.

Jun 6, 2019
Ok, So i beat the game (finished every quest in all 3 endings) but did not unlock the entire gallery. Anyway for me to unlock the missing gallery images?

Oct 16, 2019
Trying to get into the Institute. At the part where you have to say corresponding numeral in the demon plain and I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or if it just plain isn't working.
And wtf does demons living seven plains above us have to do with anything?

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
do we have to initiate the evil irith path to complete the goblin king path?
because the burrows is not available unless I am on that path afaik

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
I am trying to milk Illiana to get enchanted milk, but I am being told that "maybe the gems were wrong or it is not the right time". So which are the right gems and when is the right time?
purple, orange then green, the combination is shown in the scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

ExpDes

Apr 13, 2021
Please note that you can give the amulet only after you say farewell to irith.
I missed that part!

I've tried to give the amulet to Irilith before saying goodbye, but that did not work. After saying goodbye, the game had a happy end. Failed to notice the gap of opportunity to give the amulet.

Tested it and it works,.. more quests to complete :)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

Tried your save. You have four quests open:
  • Teach Your Pet Some Tricks: I asked Irith for A Favour -> Pet Play -> Pet Training started; OK
  • Training The Queen I: Started mirror dialogue -> Illiana -> Pose for me -> SUB +1; OK
  • Out And About: Assigned Task to Nyx -> Tavern -> No bottoms Outfit -> SUB +1; OK
  • Start Gwynn's Training: Research menu -> Plug Research, belt Research work just fine and kick off her quests; OK

Your save is perfectly fine, no issue. There is a walkthrough in the OP, this might also help.
Tested on OSX V0.9b1

3.90 star(s) 52 Votes