VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Psychologist [v1.00] [ForFunGames]

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I'm a little confused, who is Maria? Wasn't the name of your niece Daisy or are there two nieces?

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
the name changed. She was originally Daisy
Thanks, in the beginning she's still called Daiys, that's why I asked. Another thing that comes to mind is the "index", whatever it is. What does it say? I Always get out of seemingly 3, but never more or less.

Vespak

Donor
Respected User
Mar 22, 2017
Temporary closing
I've given this a lot more thought, and after reading more about Patreon's rules and what-not, I realized that technically adult games are not allowed in this page.

Regardless on whether patreon is giving a blind-eye for the whole situation or I'm reading into this wrongly, I don't want to step into something illegal, even if it's inside the grey area.

In short, I'll temporarily close off my patreon page.

First, while I would love to have this project funded, my main goals with it is to make something that I enjoy. And as long as I can do that, It doesn't matter much to me. Besides, I don't think people have a lot of interest in this project. So, I'll keep it as something of a hobby.

Thanks again, everyone, and I wish all the best for patreon and other creators alike. I'm in no way under pressure to make this decision. You can still keep up with me from my website, if you'd like.

In the future, I might re-open this page, if things are clear and I can see a lot of interest on it.

P.S : I have not received payment of any sort yet, so it should be fine. If you have spent money on me, please contact tech support on patreon.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Crap, this was actually one of the few games that I really looked forward to. Although it seems like only Patreon is out, but the project itself isn't canceled or am I wrong?

Reactions: Julius88 and Onysko

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
Crap, this was actually one of the few games that I really looked forward to. Although it seems like only Patreon is out, but the project itself isn't canceled or am I wrong?
Nah, he is still going to work on it. One can only hope that the progress rate won't drop because of it.
I'm optimistic though, since he started the patreon page only a month ago or so, and before that the updates haven't been too slow. :rolleyes:

mcfan41

Jun 16, 2017
From reading his blog I am hoping that the demise of Patreon will not effect development. If "ForFunGames" reads this forum I hope he sees that he does have people eagerly awaiting his next release. IMHO the mc fetish is all about the process and the power exchange. I love where this is going.

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
Seeing as he does it as a hobby/for himself, this could easily go both ways - either giving up because he gets bored and "nobody else cares anyway", or stoic progression. I hope for the later. Really dig the characters look and the slow "loving corruption" .. some sirious potential there, even if the current version doesn't offer all that much actual content.

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
This was posted on his blog... wow today actually lol. Good timing on my part I guess

Right now, my withdrawal from patreon simply means that I won’t be giving too much from my time on this project, it doesn’t mean that I will stop it. If I ever decide to start up another page, I’ll make sure that everyone knows.

Thanks for your support, everyone.

So essentially without the extra income from patreon the games gonna right back to being a hobby for him and we will be waiting longer for updates

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Its only me or i know the story already?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not directly related to the thread, but do you know if the story continues, is it on hold or what's going on? There were updates on a weekly basis and now almost a month without one at all.

U

User_10739

I don't get why these people didn't whitewash their Patreon page before/after the take down then funnel their patrons to their blog and set up recurring payments through paypal cutting out Patreon altogether!

mr.principal

Oct 4, 2017
I've been to his wordpress site... and seems like he's missed his Nov. 10 deadline... is there any other place other than lovers lab where the dev is posting?

The game is great...

Also does anyone know the name of the daughter model or is it from scratch?

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
I've been to his wordpress site... and seems like he's missed his Nov. 10 deadline... is there any other place other than lovers lab where the dev is posting?

The game is great...

Also does anyone know the name of the daughter model or is it from scratch?
Allow me to quote their post from the wordpress blog page from... October 15th:

If everything goes to plan, the next version should be released at 10th November, next month.
That was, before the Patreon crack down. Since then, they made several more posts, the next quote is from the last post that was made, from November 2nd:

Right now, my withdrawal from patreon simply means that I won’t be giving too much from my time on this project, it doesn’t mean that I will stop it. If I ever decide to start up another page, I’ll make sure that everyone knows.
So what I gather from all of that is... It is safe to assume that the previously planned release dates are no longer valid.
So next time you visit their website, pay more attention to the text they put on there. You might gain some insight into what they are up to. :biggrin:

mr.principal

Oct 4, 2017
As you mentioned yourself there have been many posts since the Patreon crackdown... there hasn't been any mention of any delays. The dev. just said he won't be putting as much time into the project as before... so I took that with the understanding there would be a delay. Just don't know if the wordpress website and F95zone are the only place to check for updated posts (loverslab has no new info either).

This is a very active forum so that's why I asked the question here.

Does anyone know if that Daughter model was made from scratch? Or is it a DAZ3D preset character?

John Roberts

Jun 3, 2017
Real bummer about this game. Really one of the only one's I was looking forward to, but it looks like its dead as of today. Can't post to the wordpress link because I haven't posted enough, but it looks like its going to be permanently on hold.

Hope it gets rebooted by someone eventually, or the assets get released if there is no hope of that.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes