baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Really liked this game so damn sad its now at the hole of the abandoned good games :(
Patreon model doesn't reward quality, it rewards pushing regular large content patches. Most games with unusually high production values end up abandoned since the dev had a wrong idea about what the project should be.

Jan 10, 2020
ironic this comes on p.187 of the thread; i'll never understand y devs abandoned their products, especially after all the hard work, time, n effort that goes into them, n of course even more going into quality games like this...n yet other devs wonder why ppl r so hesitant 2 sponsor n donate in the first place, when so many games get abandoned

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
ironic this comes on p.187 of the thread
This is the second time this game has been marked as abandoned here on F95 Zone. I'm sure that the tag will be removed after the next update is released.

i'll never understand y devs abandoned their products, especially after all the hard work, time, n effort that goes into them, n of course even more going into quality games like this...
The developer hasn't abandoned this game yet. She's just been so extremely slow with an update that the moderator decided that the thread should be marked "abandoned." I would say that it's a waste of time to speculate about why a developer abandoned a game when that hasn't happened yet.

As for hard work, time, and effort going into the game, it's my opinion that one of the problems here is that there hasn't been enough time, work, and effort put into this game by the developer. I argue that Alishia could have released an update months ago, if she had really buckled down to the work.

Jul 22, 2019
i'll never understand y devs abandoned their products, especially after all the hard work, time, n effort that goes into them, n of course even more going into quality games like this
Well, from personal experience (not game dev just other projects) I'd say that a good 90+ % of the time its just slowly losing interest/falling out of love with the original idea, sprinkle in some laziness and procrastination, and boom. The messed up thing though is to not be honest or upfront about it and keep leading people on. That just makes the whole thing worse and seem more nefarious.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Well, from personal experience (not game dev just other projects) I'd say that a good 90+ % of the time its just slowly losing interest/falling out of love with the original idea, sprinkle in some laziness and procrastination, and boom. The messed up thing though is to not be honest or upfront about it and keep leading people on. That just makes the whole thing worse and seem more nefarious.
Problem is that devs usually start too big and don't know their limits. They want to make grand stories with multiple paths, but they mostly work alone.

In case of Alishia, it is worse, because she already abandoned a game before.

Cloud9-Kojack

Nov 10, 2019
No updates on their Patreon since last December. No sign of them on Slushie or DA, and thier profile here was last active months ago too. The project is totes abandoned, and to the point I doubt it'll ever be coming back.

The game just got to the "BIGG ASS SANDBOX" that they planned on basing the game around, and clearly they bit off a LOT more than they could chew. Got themselves stuck before they even really got started. Shame....

• Sad
Reactions: rf96

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
No updates on their Patreon since last December. No sign of them on Slushie or DA, and thier profile here was last active months ago too. The project is totes abandoned, and to the point I doubt it'll ever be coming back.
Announcements are more frequent on the Discord than on Patreon, though they aren't frequent on Discord, either. Still, the latest announcement calls for a release before the end of this month. Given Alishia's history of failing to meet deadlines or keep promises, that may well fall through. But we've definitely had recent signs of life from her, and she claims to have put in work on this last month, and says that she'll be putting in more work this month.

The project may well end up being abandoned, but it currently is not "totes abandoned."

The game just got to the "BIGG ASS SANDBOX" that they planned on basing the game around, and clearly they bit off a LOT more than they could chew. Got themselves stuck before they even really got started. Shame....
I don't think it's a matter of biting off too much. I think it's a matter of not managing her workflow.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jolyne9

thewonderousl

Dec 21, 2018
I do not believe that abandoned is the right tag for the current predicament of this game, a more appropriate tag would be "In Development Hell" or "IDH" for short. The dev is just taking too long and there is no confirmation that the game is truly abandoned so I believe "IDH" would be a better fit for the time being.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Announcements are more frequent on the Discord than on Patreon, though they aren't frequent on Discord, either. Still, the latest announcement calls for a release before the end of this month. Given Alishia's history of failing to meet deadlines or keep promises, that may well fall through. But we've definitely had recent signs of life from her, and she claims to have put in work on this last month, and says that she'll be putting in more work this month.

The project may well end up being abandoned, but it currently is not "totes abandoned."

I don't think it's a matter of biting off too much. I think it's a matter of not managing her workflow.
Talk is cheap, Alicia can say she's working all she wants but untill she shows proof of that you would be embarassingly naive to believe her.

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Talk is cheap, Alicia can say she's working all she wants but untill she shows proof of that you would be embarassingly naive to believe her.
Yes, talk is often cheap, especially when you do a lot of talking and back it up with very little action, which has so far been the case with Alishia. But as for believing or disbelieving her, there are plenty of reasons to do either, beyond naivete. Each of us will choose for himself or herself whether or not to believe Alishia's claims, based on those reasons. Naivete is certainly one of those reasons, but to assume that anyone who believes her is therefore naive is quite an oversimplification.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
That it's coming at the end of the month though I think it's set on replay to replay that it's coming at the end of the month announcement once a month.

Reactions: maxicook
3.70 star(s) 71 Votes